Fulham signs McBride | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fulham signs McBride

Man that is good. Good to know USA is getting its top players in Europe.

I am happy for him because he got a very nice contract, but besides that I don't really see the point. McBride is on the wrong side of 30 and won't really gain anything by going to Europe. I think he will contribute to Fulham, but I don't think he will improve. I was surprised that he left MLS.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I am happy for him because he got a very nice contract, but besides that I don't really see the point. McBride is on the wrong side of 30 and won't really gain anything by going to Europe. I think he will contribute to Fulham, but I don't think he will improve. I was surprised that he left MLS.

I too am surprised McBride as been transferred from the MLS to the EPL. But I think its safe to believe he did it for the $1.6 million he'll be earning at Fulham. I think I'm more surprised that Saha left for Man Utd after Coleman, FFC coach, said Saha will leave "after my dead body" and "there's no right price for Saha". But with Bocanegra and McBride, I think I'm gonna have to root for Fulham a lot more, with Liverpoool too. :D I think McBride will have a lot more success than you might think. He has that physical strength thats needed for a striker in the tough English league. Didn't he make 4 goals in like 7 games with Everton just 2 years ago? Someone like Donovan, would have a very tough time trying to make an impact in the EPL, in my opinion. I actually heard Portsmouth is currently seeking him, but I doubt the MLS will want to lose another star NT player.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

I too am surprised McBride as been transferred from the MLS to the EPL. But I think its safe to believe he did it for the $1.6 million he'll be earning at Fulham. I think I'm more surprised that Saha left for Man Utd after Coleman, FFC coach, said Saha will leave "after my dead body" and "there's no right price for Saha". But with Bocanegra and McBride, I think I'm gonna have to root for Fulham a lot more, with Liverpoool too. :D I think McBride will have a lot more success than you might think. He has that physical strength thats needed for a striker in the tough English league. Didn't he make 4 goals in like 7 games with Everton just 2 years ago? Someone like Donovan, would have a very tough time trying to make an impact in the EPL, in my opinion. I actually heard Portsmouth is currently seeking him, but I doubt the MLS will want to lose another star NT player.

McBride did score 4 goals in 8 games with Everton but he won't be as productive. I think he can do well but he won't score once every other game.

I think Donovan could make an impact on the EPL. There was a rumor linking him to Portsmouth but I doubt it will happen. Eventually he will go even if MLS wants to keep him. MLS does not own his contract, Bayer Leverkusen does, and if they want to sell him, they can. However, no one will buy him unless Donovan wants to go, and in the past Donovan has said that he wants to stay in the USA. I think Donovan will go to Europe soon, but he definitely will not go back to Germany.

As for Saha, the reason they sold him is because he would have left when his contract expired, and Fulham would have gotten nothing. Fulham got a lot of money for him so they made the move when they would get the most money possible.

Back
Top Bottom