Full AFC East Grades (Plus NY Giants) | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full AFC East Grades (Plus NY Giants)

I didn't see anything wrong with Mallett with Gruden. He was very polite "yes sir-no-sir" and had football knowledge oozing out everywhere...in fact he impressed Gruden. As for the "country" part...since when does how you talk have a damn thing to do with playing QB??? I guess Terry Bradshaw was "too country" to be successful in the NFL?? All I know is he has FOUR more SUPER BOWL rings than the idiots who passed on Mallett will ever have. We passed on the top runner in this draft and arguably the best QB in this draft for a center who can't snap a shot gun and an upright runner who fumbles too much! After almost a week..I am still sick about it!

Cute very cute I will enjoy this post while we wait on the jury these next couple of years to see who was right or wrong. Glad not all share your opinion though because I do want to win now baby!

...while failing. Failing while prolonging failure. I mean let's face it, zero playoff wins, one playoff appearance on the back of an easy schedule, two losing seasons..."the future is now" as far as the prolonged failure goes.

your right and i'm ****ing sick of it...

you know what i would like to see...i'd like to see when this thing goes belly up likely before the bye week in week 5 and it will sometime early in 2011 ross get some damn stones and send sparano and daboll and ireland packing and let mike nolan finish out the season

and then we get a real damn nfl head coach in the building in the offseason...and a front office with some damn balls

that would make my 2011 season...

you guys think its bad now...just wait til ireland trades a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2012 for some bs like kyle orton...the **** will hit the fan around here like we haven't seen in years...

you guys think its bad now...just wait til ireland trades a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2012 for some bs like kyle orton...the **** will hit the fan around here like we haven't seen in years...

I might have to bring back my volcano sig. Damn, Hoops, you paint a rosy picture. :lol:

But I have to agree. Unless Ross has told them that 2012+ picks are off limits, one has to presume these guys would burn 'em it if would save their necks. Scary thought when you see what's out there.

I didn't see anything wrong with Mallett with Gruden. He was very polite "yes sir-no-sir" and had football knowledge oozing out everywhere...in fact he impressed Gruden. As for the "country" part...since when does how you talk have a damn thing to do with playing QB??? I guess Terry Bradshaw was "too country" to be successful in the NFL?? All I know is he has FOUR more SUPER BOWL rings than the idiots who passed on Mallett will ever have. We passed on the top runner in this draft and arguably the best QB in this draft for a center who can't snap a shot gun and an upright runner who fumbles too much! After almost a week..I am still sick about it!

Pouncey & Henne should be perfect fit then as one cant snap out of shotgun and one cant throw out of shotgun.......lucky Henning not here as we would be..............in shotgun!

I like the picks......I am putting neck on the line to say Henne has a QBR of over 85 this year.

Pouncey & Henne should be perfect fit then as one cant snap out of shotgun and one cant throw out of shotgun.......lucky Henning not here as we would be..............in shotgun!

I like the picks......I am putting neck on the line to say Henne has a QBR of over 85 this year.

And if he does, will that be a sign that he is worthy of franchise starter designation, in an NFL where the best quarterbacks seem to always take the best prizes?

Just saying...this year 17 passers finished with a passer rating of 85+. Among them were dynamos such as Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna, and David Garrard. Jason Campbell had an 84.5.

Doesn't this just show us what a bad position the Dolphins are in, that you have to put your "neck on the line" in order to say Henne will make such a dramatic improvement to efficiency levels enjoyed by the likes of Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna and David Garrard? Isn't that sad?

And if he does, will that be a sign that he is worthy of franchise starter designation, in an NFL where the best quarterbacks seem to always take the best prizes?

Just saying...this year 17 passers finished with a passer rating of 85+. Among them were dynamos such as Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna, and David Garrard. Jason Campbell had an 84.5.

Doesn't this just show us what a bad position the Dolphins are in, that you have to put your "neck on the line" in order to say Henne will make such a dramatic improvement to efficiency levels enjoyed by the likes of Jason Campbell, Kyle Orton, Jon Kitna and David Garrard? Isn't that sad?
The sad thing is that I would take all four of those guys over Henne in a heartbeat. Especially Campbell.

The sad part is we have an owner who supposedly put out a mandate that he was sick of boring, playing for field goals football. That he wanted an agressive aerial attack.

An owner that by most accounts was thinking of clearing house, supposedly held meetings and had everyone on board with a new philosophy, and what did we get?

A less than A+ Guard/Center drafted in round 1, a trade up for a runningback that looks alot like Ronnie Brown(slow). No nice QB prospect for the future when a big armed QB was sitting there for the taking. HB/fullback who is slow.

From my perspective, Edmond Gates was the only move that even appears to be a move to more exciting, point scoring football.....and he was a 4th round pick?

Cute very cute I will enjoy this post while we wait on the jury these next couple of years to see who was right or wrong. Glad not all share your opinion though because I do want to win now baby!

Well, with Henne my friend there is one thing you don't have to worry about doing NOW why you ponder my post....WINNING!

I'll tell ya what's cute...the fact you think Henne is the answer!

This tread has become completely stupid. Filled with a bunch of whinners and criers. Boo Hoo we didn't draft Mallett. We need to get you all some tissues for your issues. I feel this draft addressed major issues with this team. Bash Pouncey and Thomas all you want, they are great players and I see great things from them. Starters from day 1. I am not a Henne supporter but truely believe we don't actually know what we have with him yet. If he fails, like many of you are assuming(and hoping) then next years QB class has 3-4 legit rookie starting franchise QBs. We can get our Franchise QB in 2012. But I'm saying it now and you can hold me to it. I hated Henne last year...I think he is going to surprise everyone this year!

This is how I see it.

No matter what anyone says on this forum, they don't have coaches tape. Coaches tape is from the birds eye perspective where you have an ENTIRE understanding of each play. Along with that, you don't know the calls or shifts on most of the plays. I don't know how many people played football here at a high level, but bird eye view film and understanding the calls, shifts, PSR, etc etc gives you a complete understanding of each play.

Lets take CK for example. I am not bashing him in anyway, but his dissecting of the film given on something like NFL replay tells him about perhaps 40-60% of the each play. The other 60-40% is not known. The coaches and players know it. NO one here knows whats happening.

This leads me to my last point which is ultimately, the Dolphins know whether they want to build around Henne from his game film last year or move on. None of us can make an accurate assessment whether a rookie QB such as Mallet would be better or would building around Henne be better. We just don't have enough information.

Back
Top Bottom