Full AFC East Grades (Plus NY Giants) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full AFC East Grades (Plus NY Giants)

i don't understand why we didn't go to the pack after they took dj williams and offer up our 2 6ths for him...i doubt the pack would give up quarless cause if finley goes down again they have no big te with speed...

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

i'd rather have the chris cooley look alike

Have you guys seen Clay play? Or you going off stats? The dude is a mismatch machine. I went to one of their games live when I visited a friend there. He is QUICK and AGILE for someone his size.

Have you guys seen Clay play? Or you going off stats? The dude is a mismatch machine. I went to one of their games live when I visited a friend there. He is QUICK and AGILE for someone his size.

i watched him practice all week and play at the senior bowl...can't say i saw any tulsa tape...dorin dickerson was being plugged as a mismatch machine last year also...didn't fare well...

dj williams could help us right now...this guy is a project imo...we'll see

Nah Dickerson sucked. I went to University of Pittsburgh before I had to transfer because American University is a top 5 school in film and international relations. Terrible decision as AU blows, but anyways I saw him play live for 2 seasons and Dickerson is way too skinny and not compact enough to be a mismatch machine at the TE/FB position. The dude is 6'4 230. Thats how much most split ends his size weigh. Thats exactly how much Brandon Marshall weighs, your not going to line him up at FB or TE are you? Dickerson is way too slow to be an effective wideout and doesn't have the hips to be one either. Way too weak and not strong enough base to be a TE and not powerful enough through leg drive to be a FB. He was too much hype from the combine.

While Charles Clay goes 6'3 250. Thats 20 more pounds and an inch shorter. He's much more powerful when he runs than Dickerson and has pretty damn good vision for a man his size. He can make players miss in the open field and has soft hands. Good hips too and can routes pretty well.

to each his own horry...i disagree not with clays body or physical makeup...but that to me he's a man without a position in the pros...a tweener...he wasn't on my board

i don't like guys that i can't envision a true fit for...

True true. But Daboll's offense is all based on mismatches. Spot the mismatch at the LOS and PSR and attack while Henning's was, just go through progressions no matter the mismatch. We will beat them up and down the field.

The picks we got were all mismatch mentality picks.

Disagree. He may be a good player, but there was much better available. And, if brady/mallet even remotely resemble the favre/rodgers situation, we're in a hell of a lot of trouble because the pats wil kick *** for the next 15-20 yrs.
Come on, Brady will be nowhere near done in three years. Mallett will disappear into the void for a while and then Bellicheck will get a 2nd rounder for him based solely on his preseason playing time. Amazing.

I want to say McNabb IS better than Henne, but if McNabb came here under our coaches and their hard *** approach to coaching i don't think he would do well- very similar to how he fared in Washington.

Henne has to improve, or Orton has to come here. I hope for both. But Denver knows Tebow ain't the answer, i don't care HOW MUCH he loves God it isn't going to make him a good QB.

Evidently sources in Miami have told Armando Salguero that they tried hard to trade back into the 3rd round ahead of New England to get Mallett. They said they liked him and they think he's going to be a good quarterback.

Yes, I'm serious.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eportedly-tried-to-tried-up-for-ryan-mallett/

“We were willing to take him, we just couldn’t get our hands on him,” a source told Salguero. ”We tried, but we couldn’t do it. He’s going to be a good quarterback.”

The Pats probably wanted next year's second. I don't think we REALLY wanted him.

Either possibility is bad.

Either the Dolphins DID want him, they DO think he's a good quarterback, and they just tried to game the system a little bit and got caught with their pants down...or they're unsure of their own evaluation to the point where the simple fact that New England had him as their #1 QB in the Draft and ended up proving it by taking him in the high 3rd...scares them enough to start trying to cover their own @ss and say they also think highly of the guy but just "couldn't manage it".

Let's keep something in mind. Just because New England likes the guy, doesn't mean he'll turn out. However, the Patriots have used 210 draft value points over the last 11 drafts (prior to this one) on the quarterback position. That's the equivalent of a mid-3rd round pick in value. They've produced not one but TWO franchise quarterbacks with that very, very small amount of investment. When New England endorses a guy, I think everyone in the league perks up their ears. And they should.

They can be wrong, but their record with that position is second to none. Even Ron Wolf, I'm not sure he can claim that kind of success at that position. He's drafted some franchise QBs over the years, but he also picked a lot of QBs and used a lot of resources on them.

I think there is going to be a large market for Mallett if he lasts 3 years in the Patriots system. They coach him up, someone else will trade for him and pay dearly. If he washes out there early for whatever reason, I'd take that to heart, too.

i don't understand why we didn't go to the pack after they took dj williams and offer up our 2 6ths for him...i doubt the pack would give up quarless cause if finley goes down again they have no big te with speed...

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Because there is no trading of players at this time....

Either the Dolphins DID want him, they DO think he's a good quarterback, and they just tried to game the system a little bit and got caught with their pants down...or they're unsure of their own evaluation to the point where the simple fact that New England had him as their #1 QB in the Draft and ended up proving it by taking him in the high 3rd...scares them enough to start trying to cover their own @ss and say they also think highly of the guy but just "couldn't manage it".

This looks like their typical save face leak to try to control bad PR.

Remember the "Dez Bryant brought up his father and mother first" leak?

Because there is no trading of players at this time....

so we couldn't swap draft picks if we wanted after they were announced??? i knew we couldn't trade rostered players but i didn't know we couldn't have a team take a guy in the current draft and trade picks for him...present or future picks

Back
Top Bottom