Full Mock Draft w/ Trades and Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Full Mock Draft w/ Trades and Analysis

DeeAy3000

Big Things
Reaction score
First of all, I dont see Minnesota parting with both first rounders BUT they will make Saban an offer he will take which is #7,#49,#80 and #154. I also feel that the KC trade will be completed and we will get the #46. Here we go.

1 - #7 - Cedric Benson RB Texas - Everyone knows what this guy can do. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will start producing as soon as we hand him the ball! Some will say he won't fall this far but I feel with the trades that are going to happen, he will slide right to us. The teams we would worry about snatching him would be Chicago and Tampa Bay. Chicago will go with Ronnie Brown or Mike Williams. Tampa Bay could also have him on their board but I feel like with San Francisco taking Smith, Aaron Rodgers could slide and I feel like Gruden will have to take him. If Rodgers goes to Cleveland I feel like Gruden will take Carnell Williams leaving us with Benson.

2 - #46 - David Baas G Michigan - A great player who has potential to start at either center or guard, two big needs.

2 - #49 - Chris Henry WR West Virginia - Extremely athletic kid with a Randy Moss build. The only knock is some say he has a Moss-like attitude as well. After seeing a few interviews I think people are misinformed on this guy. The bottom line is he has freakish potential as a down field threat.

3 - #70 - Ernest Shazor S Michigan - Will need to work on his coverage skills but is a heavy hitter with pretty good instincts. I think he can be worked into one of the better safeties in the league.

3 - #80 - Ronald Fields DT Mississippi State - A very powerful player who could eventually excel as a nose in a 3 technique or apply great pressure in a 4 set.

4 - #104 - Logan Mankins T Fresno St. - A strong young athlete who has a great initial push and establishes great control on his man. Shows much promise and could provide great depth.

5 - #138 - Ryan Claridge OLB UNLV - I got the oppurtunity to watch this guy a few times and he is extremely instinctive and shakes blockers very well. He could be groomed into something special. A possible sleeper deep in the draft.

5 - #154 Cedrick Williams CB Kansas State - With Pat Surtain gone, the defensive back field needs depth and Williams will be a great young guy to bring in.

6 - #216 Wendell Hunter ILB California - Miami's linebackers are getting old and there is no way around it. It is time to start looking for depth and Wendell Hunter also has sleeper potential.

Thoughts...

I like this draft alot. The only things i would change is - 1.) I would put Chris Henry in the 3rd round because that's probably wheres he's going at, and 2.) I would put a QB in there somewhere in the later rounds (McPherson,Ornton). But other than that good job.

I want to add something else for all of you who think we should draft a QB. We have done all we need to do as far as QB's this off season with the signing of Gus Frerotte. A.J. Feeley WILL be a successful QB for us and there is no need for concern. He was in the worst situation possible last season. With a good RB and an immproved o-line and a veteran QB helping him catch on to the system you will see a different person under center for the Dolphins next season. Guranteed

Also, Chris Henry will not be around in the 3rd, he has done nothing but help him self with combine results and interviews.

I like a lot except for i would rather have Caddy or Rodgers if one of em are still there and then whichever one we got we would have to address the other need wether it be RB or QB by the 2nd or 3rd round. QB could prolly wait till 2nd but i would prolly try to address the RB on in the 2nd.

DeeAy3000 said:
Also, Chris Henry will not be around in the 3rd, he has done nothing but help him self with combine results and interviews.

We would be getting screwed in value if that Minn deal went down... Also, Mankins is a 2nd-3rd round prospect.

I like Benson, Baas, and Fields. I like Shazor, but I think he's going to end up a LB. I would also like to see a QB at some point too.

In the 4th, I would go Fred Gibson and not Henry in the 2nd. His stock is down some, but he's got so much potential. He's an underacheiver, but with Saban that could change. A boom or bust player.

I know Saban has said that he will be going by the value chart for trading down but the bottom line is he wants extra picks and this will be the best way to come by those picks. If the offer is on the table, Saban WILL take it.

DeeAy3000 said:
I want to add something else for all of you who think we should draft a QB. We have done all we need to do as far as QB's this off season with the signing of Gus Frerotte. A.J. Feeley WILL be a successful QB for us and there is no need for concern. He was in the worst situation possible last season. With a good RB and an immproved o-line and a veteran QB helping him catch on to the system you will see a different person under center for the Dolphins next season. Guranteed

:yeahthat: I'm glad to finally hear someone say we don't need a QB. People who think we need another QB, either didn't watch the 2nd half of the season and see his improvements, or they must be on our offensive line and were watching the game on the backs the whole time.

I like your reasoning, and I would welcome the Vikings trade, I actually want that trade, heck, we have 2 first day pick, to end up with 5 would be great. I don't like Baas, I think we have too many O-lineman already. If we can move down and get Credic, well, Cedric is the most ready to be a franchise back. I would love that trade.

I think it would be a mistake not to take a QB later on in the draft, possibly in round 3 or 4. There's a number of guys there that have serious potential. I like McPherson the best, but Walter or Greene seem promising too.
Otherwise, your mock is the most realistic I've seen yet. I think you're right about Minnesota, they'll keep one of their first rounders but give up almost the rest of their draft.

Our QB situation is fine. We have a starter who showed great improvement in a hellacious situation and played as well as 90% of the NFL QB's would have if they were in his position, a veteran to back him up, and a solid third string quarterback. QB is not an area of concern PERIOD

DeeAy3000 said:
Our QB situation is fine. We have a starter who showed great improvement in a hellacious situation and played as well as 90% of the NFL QB's would have if they were in his position, a veteran to back him up, and a solid third string quarterback. QB is not an area of concern PERIOD

Feeley played pathetically, and would not of started for any team besides perhaps SF, or Cleveland. He wasn't in an ideal situation, but he still didn't help the team out. If nothing is done with the Qb position, with SF likely taking Smith, and Cleveland having Dilfer, and say Feeley wins the job, he's still the worst starting QB in the NFL IMO. At his best last year he was average, and at his worst I think he wouldn't of been able to start for teams in NFL Europe. He's 28 not a young prospect by any means.

why wouldn't we try to upgrade at QB? It also sounds like Saban wants to upgrade teh position as well. You need strong QB play to win and so far Feely doesn't look like he can do that. He makes too many stupid mistakes. He made some stupid decisions that even Fiedler would've known not to. I'm not against using Feely next year at QB and he might become a good QB, but if we can get a QB that Saban thinks is better than why not?

Back
Top Bottom