Fuller already dealing with "undisclosed injury" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fuller already dealing with "undisclosed injury"

Yeah bad game. But there was a time it was every week or every other week. He’s a lot better at it now. I forget which game it was and while he didn’t score he ran at least 3 punts back across the 50 and kept setting us up / was a huge factor in winning the game.

No knocking he’s the all time franchise leader in ST scores. That’s pretty darn impressive.

Also, his catch to target ratio was surprisingly high. His hands are better catching passes than punts it would seem.

He’s a good kid and he can score from anywhere on the field. That serves a purpose.
Yeah but the one thing you can't ever do as a returner is lose the game for your team with bad decisions. He made rookie mistakes and then doubled up on it. 1/2 the teams in the league really don't even bother to have much more than a safe catch guy at returner anymore since their ability to impact the game on kickoff returns has been almost eliminated by rule, and unless you're a Dante Hall, Devin Hester, or Josh Cribbs, your ability to contribute big punt returns might only come into play a handful of times a year. The risk/reward for a guy with shaky hands or decision-making just isn't worth it.

I don't put a lot of weight on any minor/small/ injury reports unless they are already worried about players being able to start in the regular season. It's been awful hot down here lately, over 90 and over 80% humidity. Players that are not used to this will experience all kinds of soft tissue issues until they adjust. While coaches try to keep everyone well hydrated these guys are sweating buckets in practices creating perfect muscle cramping scenarios.

No need to panic just yet (although Parker has been here long enough and should be better conditioned).

I can't wait to see what these guys do today!

Flo comes from the BB tree. BB has shown many times over the years he likes to protect the vets with certain "injury" designations to give them rest from time to time.

It seems Flo also tends to manage his vets and rewards players with precautionary rest.

Remember, this is gonna be a 17 game grind. It may only be one more game, but when most players are conditioned for 16 it can become a very important element of player management to know when to hit the gas and when to hit the brakes.

I don't worry too much about "minor injuries". Most are just excuses to help prevent real injuries.
He was injured after the first practice of TC. That isn’t anything to do with Belichick or Fuller being saved for the season.

I don't put a lot of weight on any minor/small/ injury reports unless they are already worried about players being able to start in the regular season. It's been awful hot down here lately, over 90 and over 80% humidity. Players that are not used to this will experience all kinds of soft tissue issues until they adjust. While coaches try to keep everyone well hydrated these guys are sweating buckets in practices creating perfect muscle cramping scenarios.

No need to panic just yet (although Parker has been here long enough and should be better conditioned).

I can't wait to see what these guys do today!
Parker legitimately may be a load management thing. You can't say the same for a guy who was in practice day one and left with injury.

if fuller can give us between 12 to 14 games , I will call that a successful season.
He won’t because he signed for far less than other top WR’s in free agency. He was willing to sign a one year prove it deal in an attempt to show he could play a season without missing games because of nagging injuries.

He is already scheduled to miss the first game because he has to complete serving out his suspension for PED use. Hopefully he can play the remaining games during the season or I would consider it a disappointment and I suspect he will too.

Last edited:
I'm alot less worried about Fuller now with the way Wilson been looking. If I was Fuller I'd start worrying about Wilson taking his starting spot.

Back
Top Bottom