Fumbleitis? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fumbleitis?

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
I see noone has who has written about TC has been talking about RW not looking good with his fumbles.

Herald reports he fumbled twice yesterday in limited carries. This worries me as he's been prone to fumble and has small hands that fumbled alot last year.

In your TC reports please report the bad as well as the good. Some of us don't get to go to camp and would like to hear the good and bad even if it includes our great new hope.

Thanks.

I just read the article also. I guess with Ricky we'll take the good with the bad. It's something he can work on, but I suppose he will fumble every once in a while, especially if he gets beaucoup carries. IMO, Ricky is also the type of back that will fight and scrape for every inch. I think that style causes more fumbles because you become vunerable as the defense zero's in for the kill. I would rather see Ricky pick and choose his battles-like Emmitt. Sometimes a little less yardage and keeping the ball is better than fighting for every bit and getting the ball knocked out.

As far as being worried, I'm not, yet. Ricky says he's not in football shape yet and my hope is that when he is used to the hits, heat and work he'll improve his ball management.

:) :) :)

Read the Herald article as they say RW was not overly impressive just solid with 2 fumbles.

I hope he doesn't go down too easy and yet doesn't get the jitters either. All I want is perfection. lol

Basically on this fumble he was drilled by J. Hailey and coughed up the ball..He still has to work on this..it could be a critical time to fumble in the game..We had enough of that last year when Lamar fumble within the 5 yard line in NE..a game we could have won.

Lamar's fumble on the Jet's 1 yard line, killing a stellar opening drive, also hurt.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. I am confident Ricky will make the Pro Bowl.

Just the one fumble. Ozzy explained that the other fumble was after the whistle blew and someone grabbed the ball out of his hands. RW will fumble. It's important that our OL recover some of them and play smart. Too many times I see these guys standing around with a loose ball right at their feet.

Well he fumbled twice is what I hear and I'm going off what the Herald says for now.

2nd he fumbled again today. Don't be led about by your optimism as I've done that before only to be disappointed. RW is going to have to prove he can hold onto the ball.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill? Are you not concerned because it's a player you like or what? If RE was fumbling you'd be lobbying for him to be cut. I'm not comparing the two but giving an example not to give a free pass to someone because you like them or they are supposed to do this or that.

Originally posted by Phinstd

Making a mountain out of a mole hill? Are you not concerned because it's a player you like or what? If RE was fumbling you'd be lobbying for him to be cut. I'm not comparing the two but giving an example not to give a free pass to someone because you like them or they are supposed to do this or that.

He fumbled once. The other time Freeman took the ball out of his hands after the play.

Who gives a sh*t?? It's training camp so it doesn't matter. If Jay Fiedler threw 5 TDs in 5 drives in training camp all the Fiedler bashers would be saying "it's only training camp." My point is lay off the man he's been in pads what 3 days and he's fumbled. He may have a problem, but it's not like the coaching staff is not noticing it, and plan on helping correct it. He will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom