Fundamental running the ball ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fundamental running the ball ?

Wow, are you watching the wrong player? Typo? You getting 66 and 68 mixed up? Kindly gives nothing up. Week is no part of king soloman! And every player has someone get on him at some point in a game. He is a rock, a bull. The weekest guy, if you can even call him that was 68. He constantly gets walked right back into the qb and doesnt seal the end well for rb's. Everyone thought when kindly went to the bench it was for bad play and haters and wanna be gurus started piling on. I reviewed every snap of him in that game leading up to him being pulled and saw absolutely NOTHING that showed he should have been benched.

I always watch games AFTER they are played. When i turned on the monday morning media stuff on boobtube, i saw kindley being interviewed and he was happy and excited and upbeat. Then, after an hour of fins media on the screwtoob, i went to finheaven and there i see a post about kindley being benched. And after a while i am thinking of kindleys interview and he didnt say a thing about it and wasnt asked about being taken out. Something wasnt adding up. Thats when i sat down to watch the game. The guy i noticed being pushed around was hunt. Run and pass game. Then, after watching the game i went back and watched everything kindley and benching just didnt seem remotely warranted. Then......, next game with diego i expected to see kindley out and and jesse davis in at rg. NOPE!! Kindley back at guard and HUNT out!! Right then it became obvious, that whole thing was flo seeing where to put the veteran davis who has been having a great season filling in for jackson.

Now, i have mentioned whats going to happen with davis after jackson returns several times over the past couple weeks. This was flo's tactful way of finding a spot for davis and it appears to me davis will most likely be taking hunts job and not kindley's, which i think was the plan the whole time. We shall see in denver if this is correct. One thing i noticed against diego was davis wasnt letting his guy walk him back within 3 inches of the qb on every other play. The outside was sealed much better and ahmed took advantage of that right away. Kindley is a rook and has more room to grow but that kid is stout and RARELY lets anyone get over on him. He was NOT benched for poor play whatsover. Coach didnt call him out in any form in interviews and kindley showed ZERO emotion or attitude if being "benched". Just the opposite actually.

Denver will tell us more.
No, I am not. First, I said "weak link" not "weak". Big difference!!!!

Second, there are at least 5 plays where Kindley was beat by a significant margin in run blocking. Each of these plays should have led to a loss or no gain. Ahmed was amazing this game in the short area quickness and getting something out the nothing that Kindley dropped in his lap. You can see Kindley dropping his head over and over during this game. It is very noticeable.

I love the aggressiveness, but Kindley has regressed significantly to the mean. He is DEFINITELY the weak link on the line.

Finally, you need to understand that our offensive line is better than last year. Kindley is part of that. He just has a lot to correct.

Damn rookie, not playing like a five year veteran pro bowler.....

SMH
I did not say I did expect him to play like a five year veteran. I am just trying to point out that this offense is actually close to having a sustainable running game. Ahmed and Gaskin can give us that. Breida can be the home run hitter. There is enough variety and complexity in the blocking schemes. We just need to get a little bit more sticky on our blocks. Kindley not dropping his head and being more consistent. Not great just would give us a better chance at a 100 yard rusher.

I did not say I did expect him to play like a five year veteran. I am just trying to point out that this offense is actually close to having a sustainable running game. Ahmed and Gaskin can give us that. Breida can be the home run hitter. There is enough variety and complexity in the blocking schemes. We just need to get a little bit more sticky on our blocks. Kindley not dropping his head and being more consistent. Not great just would give us a better chance at a 100 yard rusher.

Yes Big Fish made a couple of mistakes in the run game that led to TFLs. I do think they are rookie teething problems which can be coached out. His footwork generally is impressive for a guy his size and we've seen him pancake defenders in the run game before. It's his hands that sometimes let him down and now teams have 8 weeks of film on him they'll spotlight his weaknesses. I think he'll be fine.

What I would say though is it's maybe not the time to draft another rookie lineman as a day one starter next year. I'd rather we upgrade one of our veterans in FA for now.

Hunt was a reach and it's putting a low ceiling with what we can do on offense. The players we couldve had with that pick instead of him wouldve really helped us this season.

The next time Tua gets hurt as a runner will be the first time. When allowed to be the aggressor and use his instincts as a runner, Tua has always finished runs. He's a lot tougher and more elusive when allowed to be the aggressor than people think. Faster than people think too.

Trying to extend plays behind the LOS while allowing others to be the aggressor (while already playing hurt) was always how he got injured. As long as he's able to choose to take direct hits on his pads and upper body he's fine. It's the awkward hits on his lower body by being in defenseless positions that he had to learn to avoid.
I think we saw that aggressiveness on the tackle he made against the Chargers. I was impressed with that.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion since I haven’t been able to check tape (have a 2 year old and a newborn) but it appears they are stacking defenders near the line in an attempt to confuse or block Tua’s vision.

This OL is good with combo blocks but still is working to find the most effective lineup.

The biggest reason they haven’t backed off stacking up is the RPO has yet to fully take off. You saw Tua hit a few last week and all of the sudden Ahmed bust out some 10-15 yard runs. That’s not coincidence, as that becomes more effective defenders will have tons of conflict and that indecisiveness will lead to more chuck plays in both the air and ground.
This selfishness has to go - We can’t have people putting family ahead of the FH team - and expect to make the POs

Yes Big Fish made a couple of mistakes in the run game that led to TFLs. I do think they are rookie teething problems which can be coached out. His footwork generally is impressive for a guy his size and we've seen him pancake defenders in the run game before. It's his hands that sometimes let him down and now teams have 8 weeks of film on him they'll spotlight his weaknesses. I think he'll be fine.

What I would say though is it's maybe not the time to draft another rookie lineman as a day one starter next year. I'd rather we upgrade one of our veterans in FA for now.

I agree. If any R1 OLmen, it may be OC, but Flo is on record liking Karras and, while not, All-Pro, is isn't playing poorly. As a general rule, teams don't hunt for an All-Pro lineman when they have solid starters AND more holes

Back
Top Bottom