Funny Phins-Jets thing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny Phins-Jets thing

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
So we all know the Dolphins swept the Jets this year and people are amazed the Jets even made the playoffs after going 2-4 in the AFC East. But, we all remember that "Jets Hex" from 1998-2001 where the Jets swept the Dolphins all those years. Well the Dolphins made the playoffs in all of those years that they swept us, and even won the division in 2000-While the Jets only finished ahead of the Dolphins in 1998. Just something interesting. Then when we broke it in 2002 they won the division.

I don't know what the Jets problem was back then[I guess just the "same old jets"], but the biggest problem for the Dolphins not making the playoffs were the injuries. The Dolphins were the #1 Rushing team until Brown[and Cobbs] were both hurt. Ferguson got hurt and you see just how good he was against the run, with the Dolphins dropping a bunch of spots in Run D after he went down. Will Allen getting hurt didn't help the secondary, but at least now Davis [and Smith] have lots of experience and should be improved this coming season. We of course have holes to fill, but I think Brown and Ferguson were the main factors in the Dolphins late season struggles. They could mask those holes against teams who are similar to Miami[Titans, Jets, Steelers]. Obviously if you play the Titans early in the year and the Saints or Colts later it favors Miami.

It's the way that luck goes sometimes. We had in 2008, they did in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom