Funny Quote from the Herald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Funny Quote from the Herald

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Referring to Miami's #52...

"Once again, whether by defensive scheme design or because he just isn't very good, Morlon Greenwood goes huge chunks of the season without providing proof that he is actually playing."

That's just a perfect summary of his career with the Dolphins.

Originally posted by Section126
Hate to break it to you, but #52 has had a very good year.

Really? Give me an example of a big play he has made this season? Just one ?

The defensive coaches have a system for positive/negative plays.

He is a plus 18 positive plays this year, the next closest is Adewale with 13.

The coaches also said before the dallas game that he had missed one tackle all season.

He HAS been consistent.

That pretty much sums up the Dolphins over the last 10 years..consistent. They consistently get your hopes up and consistently let their fans down.

As for #52, I think that if Greenwood made a big play here or there (in fact anytime..anywhere!), the coaches would be even happier. Is that safe to say? We need EXCELLENCE on this team...not just consistent adequacy. I had hopes that this 2003 team could be a special one..but, as always, they let me down.

I think OLB M. Geenwood {Moron Deadwood} sucks!!!

I've yet to see him make any REAL contribution on defense. All of this praise he gets is a joke IMO. He's been invisible ever since he was "given" the starting job. Sorry, but I can't support a player who doesn't produce. We could replace him with anyone IMO, and not feel the effects. That's how worthless he is....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Morlon does a lot a good things, but unfortunately, nobody notices an SLB who has gap responsiblity unless he makes 20 tackles or doesn't do his job, and Greenwood does neither. He's not an all-star, but he is steady, which is something you can't say about a lot of other guys on this team

The writer doesnt know what he's talking about.

Greenwood has done a damn good job this season.

Remember, folks..He's only playing in our base 4-3 Defense. In some games, he is rarely on the field(Nickel coverage virtually the entire time).

Not only that, but when he's out there he's playing next to two really aggressive guys towards the run, and often times when he's in, he's got a responsibility to cover someone or to handle specific gaps.

When he plays Nickel, he usually does a pretty good job. He did an excellent job in the Ravens game. He took down Todd Heap and Jamal Lewis both solo.

Originally posted by Bumrush
Really? Give me an example of a big play he has made this season? Just one ?

Jaguars game. 3rd quarter. 4th and inches. Jags are almost in the red zone. Jax sends FB Marc Edwards behind RG. Greenwood meets him in the hole and smacks him down for no gain. Jax had two plays to get 1 yard. They got nuthin.

Originally posted by Phishstix
Morlon does a lot a good things, but unfortunately, nobody notices an SLB who has gap responsiblity unless he makes 20 tackles or doesn't do his job, and Greenwood does neither.

Greenwood had 14 tackles against Jacksonville (his first "full-time gig"....Seau was out) and still nobody noticed.

The guy has done a bang-up job this year. He's played very well. Like he says, there are some games where he's only on the field for 8 plays. But he's made the most of them.

I don't know what the heck that writer was talking about. But I say re-sign him.

Back
Top Bottom