future DT'S ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

future DT'S ?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
I think d-tackle is our biggest weakness in the future, bowens is done chester might be done and carter is getting old. my guess is we will spend at least a 2nd round pick next year on a d-tackle, does anyone know of any good ones comming out next year? (at least its not a ricky thread)

Rodrique Wright from Texas is the cream of the crop, but we'll probably have to suck to be able to get him, and I'm not interested in sucking this year.

i think rodrique wright out of texas was the best rated DT next year

DolphinDevil28 said:
Rodrique Wright from Texas is the cream of the crop, but we'll probably have to suck to be able to get him, and I'm not interested in sucking this year.

If you want him, you trade up.

040507_saban_hmed5pss_h-1.jpg

1) Rodrique Wright Texas 6'5" 315lbs
2) Haloti Ngata Oregon 6'5" 345lbs
3) Orien Harris Miami (Florida) 6'4" 305lbs

I like Harris from Miami.. He is raw but will get good coaching this year and he can be a beast at times, when he plays with technique and tenacity.

Dt

This was a down year for DT talent , next year promises to much improved...so along with LT , there will be signifigantly more big time prospects available.

We could not fix all in one season , but made serious inroads to that...

Regardless of where we select in round one , there should be a legitimate 1st round talent at LT and then I would suspect we get a DT in rounds 2 or 3.... we will always look at CB's under Saban I think , and we will need another one next year , plus we will know a lot more of our QB situation , so that may or may not be a target as well.

One thing, I see this already and fully expect it to contnue.... actually improve , is that players will be WANTING to sign here ...especially those that are in a one year deal situation. Saban is and will be attractive to those players and they can see a turn around happening .....

Wilkerson couldbe a pleasant surprise as the year moves on ......

Theres a couple

Rod Wright DT Texas
Gabe Watson DT Michigan
Orien Harris DT Miami
Haloti Ngata DT Oregon

All should go in the first round...my opinion i dont think we'll take any one of them

I would be happy with any one of these guys next year

Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green
D'brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
Darnell Bing SS USC
Marcus Mcneil OT Auburn

I hope we aren't in a position to draft D-Brick or Omar Jacobs, cause they will be going top 5 maybe..

I hope not either but if our qb play sucks then jacobs or leinart should be the pick

Buddwalk said:
I hope not either but if our qb play sucks then jacobs or leinart should be the pick

Agreed, I wouldn't mind a Chargers QB also for the right price.

Hgata is a beast. I'd love to see him drafted by Miami.
The top rated DT for the 2007 draft before be declared for the upcoming supplemental
was Manny Wright of USC. He is raw, but a lot of upside. I think getting him for a 3rd would be very good value, since our 3rd next year should be much lower. It may require a 2nd rounder to get him though. This year was a weak DT draft and that could increase his value in the supplemental.

I wouldn't mind us blowing a 2006 pick by picking Wright up in the supplemental draft.

We are gonna need help on the D-line this year fo sure.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7

I get to watch Ngata every week here in Springfield/Eugene Oregon. I would LOVE to see Miami get him! He's going to be one of those workout warrior guys too. He may not make it to the 2nd round. Here he sometimes gets triple teamed. (2 OL's and when he gets through an RB or FB). He beats double teams regularly. He eats up the run, and not just up the middle either. I've seen him drag a RB down from behind on a sweep. He get's a suprising number of sacks and hurries as well for a tackle.

drdolphin said:
I wouldn't mind us blowing a 2006 pick by picking Wright up in the supplemental draft.

We are gonna need help on the D-line this year fo sure.

Dr. Dolphin 24/7
The way I see it, is if Wright had went back to USC and had a good season, which was very possible, he would have declared for the 2006 draft and been at least a 2nd rounder. So if we use a pick from next year on him, we get him a year early. Even if we use our 2nd rounder, which is the 3rd pick in the round, next year we'll be picking much lower and there is a very good chance a guy like Wright won't be there when our 2nd rolls around next year.
He is 6'6" 340 lbs, and can still get low and play with leverage. Holding up against the inside run is his best asset. Hopefully we can get Traylor and if we drafted Wright in the supplemental we could bring him along somewhat slowly and work him in more as the season went along.

Back
Top Bottom