Future Free Agents or Trades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Future Free Agents or Trades

LOCAL SCUM!

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Do you guys think that cause of Ricky's running off at the mouth about us....and us trying to stick Wale for the money....and the tough negotiating and everything...That other players on other teams might start getting a bad impression about the Dolphins and it might affect their decisions in the future whether or not to come to Miami??:confused: Nobody's gonna want to come here seeing how we treat some players....Forget Ricky....That's just bull. But others?

No, I think the action and attitudes of well respected vets such as JT, ZT, Sam, and CC in recent years, either restructuring to help the team's cap or signing a long extension without struggle will speak alot louder than a whacked out pot smoking Bob Marley wannabe or an undrafted DE that had two good years opposite one of the elite DE's in the league who is asking for too much money.

BringBackShula said:
Do you guys think that cause of Ricky's running off at the mouth about us....and us trying to stick Wale for the money....and the tough negotiating and everything...That other players on other teams might start getting a bad impression about the Dolphins and it might affect their decisions in the future whether or not to come to Miami??:confused: Nobody's gonna want to come here seeing how we treat some players....Forget Ricky....That's just bull. But others?
I don't think that's an issue. The Dolphins org. treats players fairly. The recent Chambers signing is further proof of that. The situation with Ogunleye may dissuade the whiny, money-grubbing portion of the league, but we're better off without these "me before the team" individuals.

Check out my new signature pic, guys. :)

I don't think that it will have a negative effect. It's business, and it's not only the Dolphins that are standing up against the agents. It's going on throughout the league. There is the cap to think about. That being said, other players, will see that the current players are being taken care of. As was mentioned before, there is CC, Zack, Jason etc.... On top of that all is the no Florida income tax. That is a big draw!

BringBackShula said:

The Dolphins are willing to pay him. They just don't want to give all of his money up front

IMO it's already started. We missed out on a couple of guys for the O-line that would have helped us out tremendously but they signed elsewhere. I think the reason is partly due to Wannstedt this team has gotten worse every year he's been here. From being out in the 2nd round of the playoffs to the 1st round to being out in the last game of the season year before last to being out with two games left in the season last year. Most players want the money but they also want to know they are joining a team that's headed in the right direction and we don't seem to be. The fact that Florida has no state tax and it's climate is awesome plus it's such a great city used to attract players all the time but Wanny has really cancelled all that out.

While I'm bashing Wanny I do believe without Ricky we are a better "team". It's obvious we aren't better at the RB position but I think we will be better overall because we won't be relying on Ricky to save us. We will be forced to get creative on offense and pass when we're not suppose to and run when no one expects it but as someone else on here wrote, everything hinges on the O-line.

Back
Top Bottom