FYI: Len Pasquarelli | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FYI: Len Pasquarelli

SWS84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
is reporting Rick Speilman and the Saints had discussions today about what it will take to get Ricky Williams.
If we don't over pay, I like it.
:p

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1338237.html

The price tag, those sources said, remains a steep one and the Saints could be seeking a pair of first-round choices for Williams, who rushed for a career-best 1,245 yards in 2001. Sources said Miami has decided it would not include either of its starting cornerbacks, Patrick Surtain or Sam Madison, in any trade proposal

does not sounds too good

Originally posted by dolphan39
does not sounds too good [/B]

2 first rounders should be out of the question. We should NOT throw away our future for Williams.

We better not throw away next years first round pick. I'm hopeing Miami will land 1 of the many great qbs that will be in next years draft.

Dorsey
Leftwich
Simms
Thomas
Grossman
Maybe Manning

Thats 5 maybe 6 first rounders at qb, and that before the season even starts you know there will a Dave Carr again next year.

If they can somehow get the price down to a first this year, a second next, and perhaps a player (they already said they won't trade Surtain or Madison) then I think the deal would be well worth it. If they're going to spend their first on a RB anyway then I really don't see the problem. I guess we'll know more by next week though.

Dolphins want Williams, but price isn't quite right

''We won't go into the draft without a pick in the first three rounds,'' Spielman said.

seems like we are willing to wait for a trade more like:
the recent trade history of two of the league’s top running backs. St. Louis acquired Marshall Faulk from Indianapolis for second- and fifth-round picks in 1999, while Pittsburgh sent second- and fourth-round choices to St. Louis for Jerome Bettis in 1996.

hey 39, cool avatar bro. Man did that girl skate her arse off or what?!!

I think there are some decent running backs out there who could be had, and I really would love to see us draft a kid who works out. It is just so much cheaper.

Sarah needs to give the Fins some motivational talks since that was truly one of the all-time clutch performances when compared to the other skaters :cooldude:

Originally posted by Dajesus
We better not throw away next years first round pick. I'm hopeing Miami will land 1 of the many great qbs that will be in next years draft.

Dorsey
Leftwich
Simms
Thomas
Grossman
Maybe Manning

Thats 5 maybe 6 first rounders at qb, and that before the season even starts you know there will a Dave Carr again next year.

I like Leftwich. Did you see him in the GMAC Bowl? That comeback reminded me of Marino.

Back
Top Bottom