Gadsden??????????? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gadsden???????????

wood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK guys what a nice grab, the one handed stab, so awesome, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed that gadsden is dropping passes on a weekly basis now. I also am getting this feeling from watching him that he doesnt seem to be giving 100%. I am wondering what you guys think. just look at how McMiachel is playing hard every play, and when Gadsden drops a pass seems like no big deal. Maybe Im crazy , but maybe Wanny should shake him up a little and throw Mcnight in line up some more next week. Wondering why he was activated this week, maybe thats why????????

It is called a lack of concentration, it happens to all players on some plays. He makes really nice catches when it matters though, and I don't remember Gadsden dropping any balls after the first quarter of any game so far.

wood,

my thoughts exactly. OG did drop a few in the last couple weeks. i mean i heard that quote from OG's mom, that he hadn't dropped an easy catch like that since he was in 7th grade. i was thinking that mcknight should get another chance. i mean that's what comptition is all about.

but we are winning now, and i don't want to spoil such a great victory.

and you do have to admit that was one hell of a catch. i don't know if i've ever seen one like that. his hands have to be huge. it seems the ball disappeared in there on that catch.

I agree that OG has uncharacteristically dropped a few passes lately. In ag. the Jets did not seem upset, but then again he was not too high when he made the 2nd best catch I have seen him make. ;)

He's dropped two easy ones two weeks in a row. But, I personally don't think that constitutes "week-in and week-out" or anything. He's also shown a nasty tendancy to fumble the ball...which basically kinda puts him at the same place that James McKnight was last year. Dropping easy ones, fumbling. If he continues to get more complacent, I'd say shake things up. I'm glad we found a way to activate J-Mac and get him into the game. He's too talented (and too expensive) to waste, not to mention OG's contract is up this year, I dont think we'll renew it, and J-Mac is signed longer term.

I saw the replay of that one handed grab today after your game. Very nice catch.

Originally posted by TigerJ
I saw the replay of that one handed grab today after your game. Very nice catch.
not as nice as the one ag. the Raiders in playoffs in 2000, but then again this one was in a 27 point V instead of a 27 pt loss; it saved a probabe INT.

OG is spectacular, but is looking like he belongs on the bench behind Mck for a game like the KC game. Thoug shaking things up on a 3-0 team is not necessarily a great idea :eat:

OG dropped a couple he shouldn't have. It happens, even to the best like Harrison. OG has earned his place as a starter. He certainly wasn't given anything. I think we should cut him so slack. The only reason we notice his drops, is that he has been amazingly reliable for so long.

Can we really say the same think about McKnight? Sure, give McKnight some plays, but lets not get ahead of ourselves based on a couple of unusual drops.

Lets not forget that one great catch he got but was out of bounds. He still caught it even if it didn't count. :D

Mare's saga is similar to OGs - missing 2 chips shots is shocking. Mare has been so good you would be suprised if he missed 2 50 yarders, but now he has missed 2 chips in 2 games. Hopefully it was just rust from not getting enough tries while we score TDs :D; and he did kid a nice 53 yarder

McKnight needs to be involved in this offense as much as OG. McKnigt is a game breaker. I'm still waiting on AJ to wake up and give us some field position.

I agree Sheif..Mcknight open things up because teams have to respect his speed..I think as the season goes along he will be special for us.

Joe Theismann just said that Oronde's catch today "was the most unbelievable catch I've ever seen".

Guess they've got plenty to talk about during this stinker of a game (Bungles).

Originally posted by wood
OK guys what a nice grab, the one handed stab, so awesome, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have noticed that gadsden is dropping passes on a weekly basis now. I also am getting this feeling from watching him that he doesnt seem to be giving 100%. I am wondering what you guys think. just look at how McMiachel is playing hard every play, and when Gadsden drops a pass seems like no big deal. Maybe Im crazy , but maybe Wanny should shake him up a little and throw Mcnight in line up some more next week. Wondering why he was activated this week, maybe thats why????????

Im suspect of this also.....but if hes a FA next year it will be easier to sign him....we know what he can do out there....he might still be injured some...but I hope he steps it up.

Is it me, or has anyone noticed that Fiedler constantly overthrows him?? I'm not a Fiedler basher, or am I trying to bash him now, but it's a fact that i've seen. Last week, his INT was because he overthrew Gadsden. Today, he overthrew to him a couple of times, and this catch was on an overthrow as well. Maybe Fiedler is overconfident in his leaping abilities and it has something to do with it? And if you check my other posts, you'll see I have always backed up Fiedler so not trying to bash him.

Back
Top Bottom