Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore???

I don't know, I had to tell my son who was watching the game that if he had dropped that TD pass he would have been scolded for catching it the way he did. Nobody else that it was awkward or proo technique? Should not have gambled and just cradlke with two hands underneath? He makes me nervous.

First of all, this guy is one of the better special teams guys in the league. His speed is very underrated and he showed that he can get open when given the opportunity.

Like Philbin said, we have to develop our own guys and turn them into superstars...

I know Moore is inconsistent but he showed last game that he has the ability to make plays...

I think having Gaffney is a good problem for this team if Moore can keep it up and Hartline and Bess continue to be Hartline and Bess....

I wasn't just referring to breakdowns in coverage . . . him being able to find the "open wide receivers" has plenty to do with knowing the system and knowing where his wide receivers should be.
Right. Knowing where his receivers should be. This is what you would expect from an NFL QB. What puts Tannehill above the average NFL starting QBs is his ability to also know where the defense is going to be. Mike Sherman said this very thing after the Rams game.

Him being able to pick the right checkdown option in the teeth of the blitz is him knowing more about the system than him going through any type of progressions. I'd bet Tannehill wouldn't have some of the successes he is experiencing now if it wasn't for the familiarity of the system and him being able to find a comfort zone within that familiarity.
Mike Sherman also referred to a pass to TE Fasano in the Rams game, saying that while facing pressure, Tannehill completed a pass to his third option. Don't confuse this with checking down.

Right. Knowing where his receivers should be. This is what you would expect from an NFL QB. What puts Tannehill above the average NFL starting QBs is his ability to also know where the defense is going to be. Mike Sherman said this very thing after the Rams game.

Mike Sherman also referred to a pass to TE Fasano in the Rams game, saying that while facing pressure, Tannehill completed a pass to his third option. Don't confuse this with checking down.

I can agree with all of this, and I've seen him improve every week. He was damn near flawless in his execution on Sunday, inspite of a Rams defense that clearly dominated the lines and the skill players.

I'm not trying to overanalyze the man or none of this other stuff, because I know he'll go thru some struggles as the year continues, it's apart of the growing process at the QB position . . . all I'm saying is being familiar with the system that he had in college puts him at an advantage over other rookie quarterbacks and he has taken advantage of that by playing some splendid football, probably at a higher level than any of us thought he would. I've seen him stare down WR's, probably because he has less dependable options than any other WR in the league . . .and I've seen him go thru his reads and find the correct option. He continues to get better as the weeks go and I'm excited in feeling comfortable that we have an answer for all of our QB woes the past decade plus.

:d-day::d-day:
I can agree with all of this, and I've seen him improve every week. He was damn near flawless in his execution on Sunday, inspite of a Rams defense that clearly dominated the lines and the skill players.

I'm not trying to overanalyze the man or none of this other stuff, because I know he'll go thru some struggles as the year continues, it's apart of the growing process at the QB position . . . all I'm saying is being familiar with the system that he had in college puts him at an advantage over other rookie quarterbacks and he has taken advantage of that by playing some splendid football, probably at a higher level than any of us thought he would. I've seen him stare down WR's, probably because he has less dependable options than any other WR in the league . . .and I've seen him go thru his reads and find the correct option. He continues to get better as the weeks go and I'm excited in feeling comfortable that we have an answer for all of our QB woes the past decade plus.

That's true and I share your excitement, probably just like everyone else on this board except for junc :d-day:

The WCO needs WR who have good timing, get some separation from the D, and put themselves in position to catch the ball (as well as actually catch the ball). Anyone watching Green Bay this last week saw Jordy Nelson put himself in position to be the only guy to get to passes whether it's in the seam, back shoulder, or wherever. Bess does it the best for us right now. Gaffney has demonstrated he can do it both with Den and Wash. Hartline does it sometimes, the rest are unproven. Regardless, the WCO does it's best work with 3 wr and a TE, so really you need 5 WR and 2 TE who can get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom