Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gaffney This, Gaffney That.. How about Marlon Moore???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
First of all, this guy is one of the better special teams guys in the league. His speed is very underrated and he showed that he can get open when given the opportunity.

Like Philbin said, we have to develop our own guys and turn them into superstars...

I know Moore is inconsistent but he showed last game that he has the ability to make plays...

I think having Gaffney is a good problem for this team if Moore can keep it up and Hartline and Bess continue to be Hartline and Bess....

Don't know if he is one of the best special teamers in the league, but he does a solid job for us, and we have a good coverage unit . . . so I guess it makes sense.

I'm not a big fan of Marlon Moore at WR. He still catches the ball with an awkward aggressiveness . . . just not natural to me at all. However we do need guys to step up and Marlon Moore certainly has as good of a chance as Gaffney, Armstrong or whoever to become that 3rd option at WR. He has good speed and if Tannehill has the confidence in him, hell lets get him more involved. That TD on Sunday was a straight bust by Jenkins and a good job of Tannehill with the recognition . . .Moore just needed to make the catch. He did make another tough catch prior I believe so that is always a positive.

Still I think Gaffney will become that 3rd WR and Moore as the occassional deep threat and special teamer. We can go ahead and cut Armstrong . . . I forget he's even on the damn team.

Don't know if he is one of the best special teamers in the league, but he does a solid job for us, and we have a good coverage unit . . . so I guess it makes sense.

I'm not a big fan of Marlon Moore at WR. He still catches the ball with an awkward aggressiveness . . . just not natural to me at all. However we do need guys to step up and Marlon Moore certainly has as good of a chance as Gaffney, Armstrong or whoever to become that 3rd option at WR. He has good speed and if Tannehill has the confidence in him, hell lets get him more involved. That TD on Sunday was a straight bust by Jenkins and a good job of Tannehill with the recognition . . .Moore just needed to make the catch. He did make another tough catch prior I believe so that is always a positive.

Still I think Gaffney will become that 3rd WR and Moore as the occasional deep threat and special teamer. We can go ahead and cut Armstrong . . . I forget he's even on the damn team.

Marlon is a very good Gunner on punts.

He does catch the ball awkwardly though, like he's mad at it and it stole something from him. :lol:

Moore didnt really need to make the play last week. Jenkins didnt cover him so Moore didnt have to "try" to get open. He needs to show he can get open when he is being covered.
First of all, this guy is one of the better special teams guys in the league. His speed is very underrated and he showed that he can get open when given the opportunity.

Like Philbin said, we have to develop our own guys and turn them into superstars...

I know Moore is inconsistent but he showed last game that he has the ability to make plays...

I think having Gaffney is a good problem for this team if Moore can keep it up and Hartline and Bess continue to be Hartline and Bess....

What's more impressive is the fact that Tannehill finds the wide open receivers

Alot of that has to do with his familiarity with the system in place. Tannehill really had a big advantage over every rookie QB in that regard and it certainly is helping pay divedends with his performance on the field.

Alot of that has to do with his familiarity with the system in place. Tannehill really had a big advantage over every rookie QB in that regard and it certainly is helping pay divedends with his performance on the field.
Not really. Whenever there is a breakdown in coverage by the defense Tannehill finds the open guy and that has more to do with his vision than it does with the familiarity of the offense. If the defense screws up, Tannehill makes you pay...that's uncharacteristic of a rookie and some veteran QBs who've been in the same system for years don't even take advantage of those situations as well as Tannehill does.

Not really. Whenever there is a breakdown in coverage by the defense Tannehill finds the open guy and that has more to do with his vision than it does with the familiarity of the offense. If the defense screws up, Tannehill makes you pay...that's uncharacteristic of a rookie and some veteran QBs who've been in the same system for years don't even take advantage of those situations as well as Tannehill does.

I wasn't just referring to breakdowns in coverage . . . him being able to find the "open wide receivers" has plenty to do with knowing the system and knowing where his wide receivers should be. Him being able to pick the right checkdown option in the teeth of the blitz is him knowing more about the system than him going through any type of progressions. I'd bet Tannehill wouldn't have some of the successes he is experiencing now if it wasn't for the familiarity of the system and him being able to find a comfort zone within that familiarity.

This kid impresses the hell out of me. I was cautiously optimistic when we drafted him as I wasn't sure how his inexperience would translate to the pros. I just ordered a Tannehill jersey, which, as conservative as I am about these things, is saying a lot.

Armstrong's spot looks tenuous at best. If Gaffney and Moore are available, Armstrong becomes superfluous. He had a window to make an impact and it's screeching shut.

Gaffney>Moore not even close based on what they have done. That TD was 99% on RT 1% on moore for catching the ball wideopen

Although Tannehill had shown the ability to get a big play when a receiver got behind the defense, this was the first time we saw that on a TD pass in scoring range. It's good to see yardage potential turning into scoring potential.

I'm not gonna root against Marlon Moore getting playing time, he plays the game 110 percent and he's very athletic, but there's something he lacks in his skillset that would keep him from being a truly good receiver. I don't know how to quantify it, but I just don't think the total body control and awareness that good receivers have is present there. He's got speed and catching ability when the ball is thrown well, but I wouldn't trust him to fight for the ball or make acrobatic catches like Bess or Hartline. I like Moore as a complimentary player and STer, but my gut tells me that's all he will be.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Gaffney>Moore not even close based on what they have done. That TD was 99% on RT 1% on moore for catching the ball wideopen

So you think its difficult for a QB to find a wide open receiver? Give credit to both for making a good read on the play.

Back
Top Bottom