Gailey cost us the season. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey cost us the season.

8-8 cardinals and the defense scored a td.
Lol.

He brought us back from behind, in the 4th quarter, twice.

In his 2nd or 3rd start in the NFL.

I don't care if the D scored 50 points.

We were trailing in the 4th quarter.

But even when Fitz was in Chan didn't look like a great play caller or designer. Every other damn game I watch I'm seeing WR running open due to the scheme and route combinations, but it never happened with us. The offense didn't look good with Fitz, he just has a mentality to sling it in there either way and sometimes it costs him. It just happened that it didn't the last few times he came in.
Well, for one, I actually see a fair amount of plays where we scheme receivers open. Those kinds of screens and things are basically the only thing Tua has done right for a month. But other than that, teams tend to get open receivers for a variety of reasons:

1. Receivers that have the able to run any route for a completion, not just as a decoy because they never catch them like Jakeem Grant or Clyde GAtes.
2. A line that can hold the pass rush for longer than the defense can cover.
3. A QB who actually has the awareness to find those open guys

A team like the Bills has dynamic, athletic guys that can get open, but it helps that the line blocks well and Allen can find a guy streaking horizontally 30 yards downfield and hit him .

I didn’t like the play calling when we were on our own 1 yard line. Other than that, Gailey called a reasonable game from what fans could see. Gailey’s done a decent job this year considering it’s the worst talent on offense we’ve had in a decade.

I’ve been really critical of Gailey. His play calling is way too conservative. Especially today..... We should have come out throwing the ball all over the place. Gailey has to go.
Ok...

What happened once Gailey opened the playbook for Tua in the 2nd half?

That conservative 1st half probably kept the Bills from scoring 70.

No he didn't, a paucity of offensive talent did, just like some have been saying for a long while.

BTW, what part of the defense and special teams that **** the bed did Gailey coach today? Remind me.

Ok...

What happened once Gailey opened the playbook for Tua in the 2nd half?

That conservative 1st half probably kept the Bills from scoring 70.
So what if it had? I would have rather flamed out miserably trying to move the ball than just flamed out period.

No he didn't, a paucity of offensive talent did, just like some have been saying for a long while.

BTW, what part of the defense and special teams that **** the bed did Gailey coach today? Remind me.
I mean that is the. We weren’t gonna win 57-56 if Gailey and Tua had their best games.

The most frustrating part was it seemed like we did hit on O Shea. For the life of me I’ll never understand why we moved on.
Same. O'Shea had creative unpredictable designs that actually emphasized downfield. It startled me when I attended the game at Pittsburgh last season. I kept thinking wow we're scheming guys open and the plays aren't obvious beforehand.

Fitzpatrick couldn't take advantage of it because he spent too much time running around with his head down, plus the line drive tendencies. Tua this season wouldn't have taken full advantage of O 'Shea due to still not 100% physically plus the weak weapons. But fortify the receiving corps and no question I'd prefer O'Shea deciding where to send them. Browns fans rave about O'Shea and his designs.

So what if it had? I would have rather flamed out miserably trying to move the ball than just flamed out period.
I agree...

You and I are sitting home. These people are trying to win a game the best way they can. Letting Tua "open it up" was not the way to win games... and it wasn't the way we won games.

Once our defense started looking like a sieve with a hole in it... BALLGAME!

Back
Top Bottom