Gailey in would mean McMichael out. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey in would mean McMichael out.

cigar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Gailey's offense utilizes the TE like another tackle. It helps the power running game and utilized the WR's more. Both of which are elements of Chans offense. McMichael was signed to a big contract last year and the fact that he isn't a great blocker might mean the end of him in this offense. As you recall, Hunter Goodwin was Gailey's TE when he was here. Goodwin was a big blocking TE that probably only got his hands on the ball in on a fumble recovery.

good, mcmicheal can go and we should sign free agent daniel graham from the pats..............:tongue:

Personally i think McMikes days are numbered at Miami anyway. Just my opinion but Randy hasnt shown real consistency and i want a TE that can catch. He doesnt have to be a pro-bowl catching TE type but one who can catch the ball consistently. Culpepper likes TE's so dont forget that.

Gailey used the TE Novachek in Dallas almost as a WR, so I don't necessarily agree with you on this one.

good, mcmicheal can go and we should sign free agent daniel graham from the pats..............:tongue:

yea that would be a great idea considering he would end up costing more then mcmichael and then we could waste his passcatching skills and stick him on the oline for the rest of his career

I dont know how you can say that, much less be so sure about it. Gailey has consistently adjusted to the talent he has had on offense. He had Hunter Goodwin, but he also had a recieving tight end in Jed Weaver.

I'd wager he'd keep McMichael, and add a blocking TE.

If they can develop Peele a little more, then I say let Randy go. He costs too much to be as inconsistent as he is.

Gailey used the TE Novachek in Dallas almost as a WR, so I don't necessarily agree with you on this one.[/QUOTE

Yes and No. Novacheck was utilized under Norv Turner as a TE. When Gailey was there, he may have used Novachek in a WR role in certain circumstances because he was athletic enough, and since he was an inherited player, had to use the personnel he was given. Gailey did not utilize a conventional TE.

Not

I dont know how you can say that, much less be so sure about it. Gailey has consistently adjusted to the talent he has had on offense. He had Hunter Goodwin, but he also had a recieving tight end in Jed Weaver.

I'd wager he'd keep McMichael, and add a blocking TE.

Did Weaver start? No. Jed Weaver was street FA who had one big game in the playoffs because the Colts decided to just not cover him. Look at his entire stint with the Phins. Didn't start, was cut FA, and was let go after 2 years. I hardly think Jed Weaver was a receiving powerhouse.

yea that would be a great idea considering he would end up costing more then mcmichael and then we could waste his passcatching skills and stick him on the oline for the rest of his career

heck I say we let mcmike go whether gailey comes or not!
He is an overpaid pass-dropper. We cant even dust for prints after a play is called in his direction.

Gailey's offense utilizes the TE like another tackle. It helps the power running game and utilized the WR's more. Both of which are elements of Chans offense. McMichael was signed to a big contract last year and the fact that he isn't a great blocker might mean the end of him in this offense. As you recall, Hunter Goodwin was Gailey's TE when he was here. Goodwin was a big blocking TE that probably only got his hands on the ball in on a fumble recovery.

That's not good. Mularkey has the same philosophy about his TE and it may help the run game but it hampers the ability to put another receiver on the field.

One thing you have to remember is that Gailey seems to be somewhat of a chameleon on offense. CK has a post somewhere on here showing how Chan tries to adapt to his personell. Quite frankly, I think he would use Randy MORE as a receiver if he came here as opposed to less.

If Randy was a blocking TE, Chan would probably continue to keep him in as a blocker. Randy played good late in the season. I think it was because Lemon looked for him when he was in and kept Randy focused and in the game.

Oh I cant remember his name....like Peele or something? But he's a decent blocking TE maybe he would get more PT, but you cant let Randy go, he's a great TE when he's "on".

i think gailey was here when mcmike was a rookie and he did pretty well in his offense

Chalk up another POSITIVE for Gailey.

McMichael sucks.......

Back
Top Bottom