GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts??? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GAILEY OFFENSE!!!!! Thoughts???

The offense has been fine when Gailey uses the entire playbook.

my problem, from an entertainment standpoint, has been that they shut it down at times. The Jacksonville game and Rams game are prime examples.

but that is coaching philosophy, more than the offense itself. And it’s gotten us wins, so it’s hard to argue with those games.

the thing I want Gailey to adjust is to start using rub routes against aggressive man coverage. That is the basic Pats playbook. Playing tight man: pick play. Playing zone: find a soft spot. playing off man: come back route.

it’s a chess game. There have been games this year that Gailey has shown his knowledge base is vast. But he needs an answer to press man coverage that makes teams back off.

one last thought: why is it that even Grant doesn’t seem to get separation on deep routes????
You hit the nail on the head. If Grant can't get separation, in the system, there is something wrong in the scheme? IMO it more scheme and not players. Gesicki got behind the defense when Fitzpatrick was in, why didn't we see those routes earlier.

At the end of the day some blame falls on Chan. I’m not going to light a torch and lead a mob putting it squarely on his shoulders though. Yesterday as MIAMI DOLPHIN fans we were forced to take off the rose colored glasses we have been wearing. Guys the offensive cupboard is barren. We are seriously lacking in skill positions from top to bottom. It’s the second year of an unprecedented rebuild. Nobody (at least I didn’t) expected the Lombardi this year. Continue to look toward 2021. Enjoy this year for what’s it’s been so far and what it very may well be.

Most on here did not like the hire, including myself but if he was hired because of fitz then that would make sense. Fitz had his best season statistically with chan.

I dunno the announcers even pointed out that Fangio had not backed off. They were surprised by it. Maybe you just know defenses better than Trent Green :).
i thought green was pretty clear about that.
now i've got to decide whether i believe the former 15 year NFL QB or tua forum fanboy.

Meh quick pressure and WRs who dont get seperation, add a rookie QB to the mix and this is what you get... I do think the Fins were not prepared for what Denver did on D... They looked lost. Whether thats a Gailey problem or a Denver doing a great job, I dont know...

Last edited:
Having zero running game and WR’s who can’t separate has me so confused as to why the offense looks bad. 😃

Give this offense Ruggs and Jacobs and see how it works. They make Derek Carr look special.

Lol...everyone wanted roadgrader type linemen. Now bitching because they aren't agile, and good at pulling to run wide.

Pick what type you want, and stick to it.
1. Who is everyone?

2. Are you saying our linemen aren’t capable of pulling? Or do we not ask them to pull block because we don‘t run wide?

I will certainly stick to my opinion, but if you are going to respond to it, at least try to make sense.

1. Who is everyone?

2. Are you saying our linemen aren’t capable of pulling? Or do we not ask them to pull block because we don‘t run wide?

I will certainly stick to my opinion, but if you are going to respond to it, at least try to make sense.
I'll give you the "everyone" comment as not being realistic.

As to our linemen? We drafted big, non athletic/finess type players, who are more suited to moving forward, as opposed to latterally. Not judging the wisdom of one type over another at all. Just saying if you build the line one way, don't be surprised if they aren't great at the other.

In my opinion, neither our gaurds, nor center are particularly good at pulling to run wide. The opposition will most often beat them to the spot.

True, but lets not lose sight of reality.

Two rookie O-linemen. 10 games in, after a complete teardown.

Just exactly what did ppl expect?

Look how far we have come. We have a ways to go, but if someone told me, at the beginning of the season, we would be 6-4? With an extremely good defense?

IDK if Tua is the real deal, or not, but 4 games is hardly enough to pass judgement.
I am not knocking the oline as a finished product. They can certainly improve. Just stating what we are dealing with right now. Yesterday both our lines were awful. We lost in the trenches.

I dunno the announcers even pointed out that Fangio had not backed off. They were surprised by it. Maybe you just know defenses better than Trent Green :).
The same announcers that confused Tim Patrick with Devante Parker yesterday? Ya, those dudes are never wrong

I'll give you the "everyone" comment as not being realistic.

As to our linemen? We drafted big, non athletic/finess type players, who are more suited to moving forward, as opposed to latterally. Not judging the wisdom of one type over another at all. Just saying if you build the line one way, don't be surprised if they aren't great at the other.

In my opinion, neither our gaurds, nor center are particularly good at pulling to run wide. The opposition will most often beat them to the spot.
Ok.....thanks for the feedback.

what I was replying to was the OP’s question about Chan Gailey’s offense........and I don’t like his running schemes. We have fairly small backs in Breida and Ahmed and even Gaskin and we continuously run between the tackles, typically on delayed handoffs or RPO’s. IMO we don’t even try to run the ball outside or a sweep.

You may be right about the lines ability to pull.......but as I haven’t seen them even try to do it, I really have no idea if they are capable or not

Ok.....thanks for the feedback.

what I was replying to was the OP’s question about Chan Gailey’s offense........and I don’t like his running schemes. We have fairly small backs in Breida and Ahmed and even Gaskin and we continuously run between the tackles, typically on delayed handoffs or RPO’s. IMO we don’t even try to run the ball outside or a sweep.

You may be right about the lines ability to pull.......but as I haven’t seen them even try to do it, I really have no idea if they are capable or not

do you not think gailey has tried pulling in practice?

Who is Kyle Shanahan's right-hand man? You don't know? Well, you better find out.

Then hire him.

Didn’t we let go of a OL coach during the season last year. Then let go of our O-Coordinator after a decent season? Flores isn’t afraid to shake things up. I would not be surprised if we have another offensive coordinator next year.

Back
Top Bottom