Gaileys Offensive Scheme(run game) Is It A ZBS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gaileys Offensive Scheme(run game) Is It A ZBS?

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Been trying to read up on Gailey and his more recent philosophy on offense.

I remembered him as OC with Pitt and Mia being a power based run offense.

However it seems in his last job in NYJ he was more spread offense and ZBS, can anyone give greater information.

Also what type OL would they be looking at?

The interesting thing about bringing in Gailey is that Fitz had his best Season playing for him in NY.

Makes you think that the Fins plan to sit any young QB for a year while Fitz plays in Gailey's offense.

Might be tipping their hand towards Tua, but I suppose any rookie QB would benefit from sitting a la Mahones in KC.

any QB we draft this year will probably sit in 2020. Galey did use a power running scheme at one time and also a ZBS. According to Flores what makes him so hard to defend is his adaptability to the players he has to work with. It has been said That Fitzmagic absolutely loves him!

Two things I know is he doesn't use a lot of fullback sets and he likes getting high volume usage of the running backs in passing game. Not uncommon for him to have a back with 50+ receptions. He also did a good job of getting production out a big receiver set with Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker and Quincy Enunwa in the slot.

The plan is for Fitz to play but he is always a threat to get hurt or turn back into a pumpkin so Rosen/Rookie could get a chance next year.

But the Fins QB situation reeks of a "redshirt" year for a rookie QB, which I am fine with.

Fitz leads an improved(but not fully built)roster to 7-8 wins and then the team is turned over to Redshirt 2nd year QB to be named pretty soon.

2 1sts and 2 2nds next year will go a long way to finishing off the rebuild.

This year you work on the LOS, next off season you find some weapons for the new QB.

Easy, can't go wrong......................;)

Back
Top Bottom