Gailey’s QB pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gailey’s QB pick

Well in defense of that, Brees was not touted as the special you have to get Brees at all costs QB coming out of college. Didn’t light it up until he went to NO. He had the right system and coach. Too many variables in football, some players fit certain systems and some players can excel anywhere. And even today I think the world of Brees but that doesn’t automatically equate to success here in Miami especially with all the terrible coaches we had here. Would we have been better with Brees? I think so, but doesn’t mean he woulda put us over the top or elevated the organization.
Curious, I have a sis in San Diego and I remember Brees being good there in fact they thought of keeping him in the early days but they had a good problem by having two QBS who were good. Am I wrong?

Top 10 pick in nfl doesn't need that much help.. a 6th rd pick need help. Something is not right when come to Rosen

Actually, every top 10 QB needs help. To varying degrees, I admit, but there's no such thing as a QB who doesn't need help

@Tim_McManus

Two candidates I'm hearing for the Eagles offensive coordinator post are Jim Caldwell and former Washington OC Kevin O'Connell, per source.

Curious, I have a sis in San Diego and I remember Brees being good there in fact they thought of keeping him in the early days but they had a good problem by having two QBS who were good. Am I wrong?

I remember him being ok there but he wasn’t great but the coaching staff decided to go with Doug Flutie and then they drafted Rivers. So SD obviously didn’t think much of him so it’s their loss. However like I mentioned earlier, so many variables in football, maybe he wouldn’t of been great there

Well in defense of that, Brees was not touted as the special you have to get Brees at all costs QB coming out of college. Didn’t light it up until he went to NO. He had the right system and coach. Too many variables in football, some players fit certain systems and some players can excel anywhere. And even today I think the world of Brees but that doesn’t automatically equate to success here in Miami especially with all the terrible coaches we had here. Would we have been better with Brees? I think so, but doesn’t mean he woulda put us over the top or elevated the organization.
Brees had a great run at Purdue. He was taken with the first pick of rd2, but teams were shy about his size, not his ability.

I do agree though, that he found the perfect situation with Payton in NO.

The thing is, by the same logic you can defend the Chargers for drafting Ryan Leaf because he was highly touted. So not sure I agree with this thinking.

Brees had a great run at Purdue. He was taken with the first pick of rd2, but teams were shy about his size, not his ability.

I do agree though, that he found the perfect situation with Payton in NO.

Yeah, I don’t remember why he wasn’t highly touted, but the size does make sense now. Been a long time

The thing is, by the same logic you can defend the Chargers for drafting Ryan Leaf because he was highly touted. So not sure I agree with this thinking.

What? Huh? Are you disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing? What does Leaf have to do with this point? Makes no sense. Leaf was highly touted, he went second right behind Manning who was number one. Leaf had all the tools but was a complete train wreck of a human being.
After watching these drafts over the last 30 years or so I’m convinced these NFL GMs don’t do enough work to get to know the person, seems like they spend most time on the talent alone. If the Chargers did a more comprehensive background inquiry they may have passed on Leaf. Or maybe they did and figured he would mature as a person. Who knows

What? Huh? Are you disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing? What does Leaf have to do with this point? Makes no sense. Leaf was highly touted, he went second right behind Manning who was number one.
I just think your argument why you’re defending Gailey (because Brees wasn’t a highly sought after project coming out of college) makes no sense. If you defend someone for not drafting a player because he wasn’t touted, you also have to defend someone else for drafting a player who WAS touted. That’s all I’m saying.

I just think your argument why you’re defending Gailey (because Brees wasn’t a highly sought after project coming out of college) makes no sense. If you defend someone for not drafting a player because he wasn’t touted, you also have to defend someone else for drafting a player who WAS touted. That’s all I’m saying.

Ok, nice trolling attempt. But you failed. Yes, was talking about Gailey, however every other GM passed on him too in the first round.
“you also have to defend someone else for drafting a player who WAS touted” has nothing to do with my conversation. Here’s a clue.....I did not mention or defend someone else.
Yo, jump on, you’ll feel better
EF67BBEB-E053-4DDF-AC0D-8E82C3F643F7.jpeg

Ok, nice trolling attempt. But you failed. Yes, was talking about Gailey, however every other GM passed on him too in the first round.
“you also have to defend someone else for drafting a player who WAS touted” has nothing to do with my conversation. Here’s a clue.....I did not mention or defend someone else.
Yo, jump on, you’ll feel better
View attachment 35970
If you wanna feel offended, fine.

Back
Top Bottom