Game Review, and looking ahead | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Review, and looking ahead

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
First of all, let me start with the obvious. Griese looked good...VERY good. He mist what 2 throws in the first half? Both were drops? One by ricky (don't blame him) and another by......thombpson i think. GREAT first half, with no line protection.

That said, the second half was kind of lame. I know Wanny was sitting on the lead...AGAIN. It's cool in this game, but we're trying out a new QB here, we shouldn't sit on the game, we should see how well he runs the whole 9 yards. He got pooch passes, and didn't get to go deep, which disappoints me. THe second half had a few off throws, but more of a problem was a lack luster showing by our receivers..but I'll get to that later. EITHER way this was a pushover game, but i think Brian should DEFFINETLY get the start next week, if he passes the test, he should get the job...permanently. A few off throws, but he's stepped up wehre Jay hasn't been able to.

Receivers. Chambers looked great for the most part, though we didn't get to go deep. I attribute that to a VERY poor showing by Thompson. I hate to say this as I was REALLY looking forward to Thompson as a dolphin...but he needs to pick it up 100% or go. This needs to be addressed this off season. BUt on question...while we're sitting on this lead..WHY NOT PLAY TOLVER?! I mean honestly, we need to see what he can do in a game situation, and we needed him tonight. Thompson just sin't cutting it.

O-Line-...HORRIFIC game. THEY are the reason ricky couldn't run tonight. When Brian was passing Ricky got a little relief. But when we tried to burn the clock, it was just rediculous. No RB can run with a line playing like that. Griese was pressured a good chunk of the night. THis seemed to dissipate a little in the second half (he seemed to anticipate some pressure that wasn't there though) but it wasn't enough. They HAVE to pull it together.

RB- Ricky had a bad night. I blame this solely on the line, but his fummble still bugs me. Though It's hard to hold that against this guy. He didn't win the game for us, but he didn't lose it either.

Our defense- GREAT defense tonight guys. We forced Turnovers that won us the game, and successfuly stufffed Tomlinson, it was ferocious. Hate to see Chester go down though....sounds like he might be gone for awhile.

Turk- Despite his awesome posture (madden has to be smoking something....), he had a poor night. Two pooched punts, and one high snap that he could have gotten off but panicked (for the longest run of the night btw). But I'm more forgiving towards him than royals...

Mare- Man..it's getting old defending you. You missed an easy FG, and have me doubting. Will you be gone? I don't think so,b ut you have to pick it up..........

All in all, we got what we wanted out of Griese. Great decisions and a great showing of his arm. I really hope he gets another shot next week against the Colts, that should be his true test. Our receivers have to play better, but MOST OF ALL WE NEED A LINE, man that was redivulous. We also need to be more agressive and sittin gon less leads. I DO NOT want to sit on a 24-3 lead in the 3rd quarter against Manning..that's asking for trouble.

What i hope for- Tolver to get practice time, Griese to get start, and the O line to show up for next week. We have 3 key things to pursue this off season so far. we need to add a good tackle to our line, we need to add a posession receiver, and we need to draft a future QB. Probalby end up picking up another punter.....and hopefuly MaRe plays well enough that we don't need to find a new kicker...

Back
Top Bottom