Game Review | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Review

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
If you read my keys to the game post earlier, this is basically a repeat because we completed our keys to win.

The pass rush was superb today. Everyone was in on it, JT, O-Gun, T. and D. Bowens, Chester even got into the backfield a couple of times.

Decent coverage, good but not great. Surtain looked real good today and proved again why I believe he is better than Madison. Fletcher played pretty good and made a GREAT play in the 4th quarter jumping in front of the receiver to knock the ball away and save a first down. I've officially announced that Zach Thomas can not cover any RB or TE man-to-man. He's good in zone but he can't cover someone man-to-man worth crap. Freeman's play was very questionable again. He allowed too many first downs.

Run defense was very good. I believe Smith only had 14 yards on the ground today. Great job there.

Pass blocking was fantastic. Jay had lots of time to make plays. Run blocking was questionable. Ricky did not have many holes to plow through today. Spriggs did a good job filling in.

Jay's play was great today. The run for the TD was better than any run Ricky has made this season. The fact that he got out of that big pack and then put a move to make a DB miss was excellent. No turnovers by Jay today and most of his balls were right on the money, especially the deep one to McKnight.

Ricky was decent today. The o-line didn't give him much help and although he had a 100+ yard day, he only averaged 3 yards a carry. He got the ball a ton and did a good job of playing the workhorse back today.

Receivers were very good. They didn't drop a ball all day. No excellent catches that I can recall but no mistakes either. They got open, caught the ball, and got first downs. That's all they needed to do.

Special teams was the worse part of the team today after being the best last weekend. Mare is fine, but he needs to get his kicks up a little bit. Too many are low enough to block and the Patriots showed that to everyone today. Returns were very good until Ward fumbled. That hurt, but luckily, we got it back. Ed Perry was not right again today. In past years, every snap was absolutely perfect. He made two bad snaps against the Jets and the first field goal that Mare missed was a horrible snap too. The holder did a good job of getting it down.

Coaching was good. Although I would have liked to see more bootlegs and play-actions on offense, the play-calling was pretty good. The defense didn't have many mismatches today either. Bates did a good job of stopping Tom Brady.

Ratings:
Quarterbacks: A-
Runningbacks: B
Wide Receivers: B+
Offensive Line: C+
Defensive Line: A
Linebackers: B-
Defensive Backs: B
Special Teams: C+
Coaching: B+

By the way, my game balls goto Pat Surtain for playing very well in his first game back and Jay Fiedler for not doing anything dumb today and making a great run.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I've officially announced that Zach Thomas can not cover any RB or TE man-to-man. He's good in zone but he can't cover someone man-to-man worth crap. Freeman's play was very questionable again. He allowed too many first downs.

I think I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom