Game Rituals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Rituals

DeeAy3000

Big Things
Reaction score
Anyone have any weird game rituals they do? I have a few, I always wear the same color jersey as the phins, and I have to put it own while the opening kickoff is in the air, and i have to have it on before the ball is fielded or its bad luck. Touchdowns = chug my beer, I also designated interceptions and sacks as chug my beer just for last season because I could never seem to get a buzz. Hopefully this year I will get wasted out of my mind every game. LETS GO PHINS!!!

I wear the same Dolphins shirt(or Jersey) every Sunday if we win. If we lose, then I wear a different shirt the next week. Of course they're clean :lol:

That's about it for my ritual. Great isn't it? :wink:

I wear the jersey of the Phin I think will have a great week. That explains why my JT and Madison jerseys are fading

Put on the Dolphins hat, I have a choice of 5 to choose from and my ZT orange jersey of course (I retired the Marino jerseys). Underneathe the jersey is my long sleeve dolphins shirt most likely matching the hat and when we get a touchdown I jump and dance around; sometimes with alcoholic beverage, haha. If we win the game that week I switch to another Dolphin long sleeve shirt the next day and if we lose I don't wear any Dolphin stuff til the next time they play.

I am usually one to drink beer for anything. Especially football related. (you should have seen me on draft day. :eek: )

But, I am usually too nervous before the Fins play to drink. So I usually start off pacing the floors and barely sitting, while I coach the team by yelling at the TV.

If we start kicking @ss, I start to drink and get comfortable. If it's a close one, I stay nervous all the way to the end.

For me, the game rituals are:

1.) Wake up 8 AM, start making the picks for the week, reading latest pre-game info, and watching all the pre-gram shows until gametime. (DIRECT TV of course)

2.) Dolphins Jersey (Almost always wear a Phins jersey the day after too regardless of a win or loss.) Sometimes wear my Phins.

3.) FOOD, SNACKS, BEVERAGES :beerbang:

4.) End of the game make sure I watch NFL PrimeTime (Never miss a week) and the Sunday night game. :cooldude:

WIN= :woot::mdfin: :party:

LOSS=
clear.gif

I live in Colorado so I usually get up around 9 am and then decide which sportsbar to hit so I can watch my Phins. We have a bar called Kelly O'Briens which we usually have around 60 Phins fans at...last year when we sucked I think we were lucky to get 7 fans there. :shakeno: Anyway, I usually start off ordering a bloody mary since the early games start at 11 am here and it is hard drinking that early.....if we are playing lousy I usually start by ordering a pitcher of MGD...I rarely eat during the game as I am too into the game...If we lose it ruins my entire Sunday and my family and everyone I know needs to stay away from me because I am in a really lousy mood when we lose....if we win it is like Christmas. I usually eat a little during the 2nd games (2 PM start and usually jump online to catch my fantasy football stats live)...then I tune in the ESPN Sunday night game....I wish there was NFL football every sunday. :)

Do you guys wear your Dolphins jersey before every game?,,,,I had to put my jerseys in the closet after we went 0-6....I couldn't take it anymore. :(

Everytime we have a TD returned for a TD I take a sip of the weakest beer -- needless to say, I got incredibly drunk last season!

Roman529 said:
I live in Colorado so I usually get up around 9 am and then decide which sportsbar to hit so I can watch my Phins. We have a bar called Kelly O'Briens which we usually have around 60 Phins fans at...last year when we sucked I think we were lucky to get 7 fans there. :shakeno: Anyway, I usually start off ordering a bloody mary since the early games start at 11 am here and it is hard drinking that early.....if we are playing lousy I usually start by ordering a pitcher of MGD...I rarely eat during the game as I am too into the game...If we lose it ruins my entire Sunday and my family and everyone I know needs to stay away from me because I am in a really lousy mood when we lose....if we win it is like Christmas. I usually eat a little during the 2nd games (2 PM start and usually jump online to catch my fantasy football stats live)...then I tune in the ESPN Sunday night game....I wish there was NFL football every sunday. :)

Do you guys wear your Dolphins jersey before every game?,,,,I had to put my jerseys in the closet after we went 0-6....I couldn't take it anymore. :(
Cant speak for the others but i wear mine regardless of how poorly we're playing. I dont care if im going to a jet/phins game in the meadowlands, i always wear a phins jersey every sunday during the season.

i take a shot for every good play the D makes and every bad play the O makes and around half time i pass out

Boik14 said:
Cant speak for the others but i wear mine regardless of how poorly we're playing. I dont care if im going to a jet/phins game in the meadowlands, i always wear a phins jersey every sunday during the season.

I stopped wearing my jerseys after we went 0-6 mainly because I felt they would keep losing if I wore the Phins jersey.....then we beat St Louis and that one win made my whole year. I have a bunch of hockey and college jerseys that I also like to wear on the weekends....I worry about wearing my 3 good Phins jerseys at sportsbars as I don't want anyone to drop beer or wings on them. :mad:

I wake up early on Sunday and set up my "Shrine" around the television. This is mostly pictures, bobble-heads, helmets, shot glasses....if it can a dolphin Logo on it I own it and put it around my television. Then I get an image of the team we are playing that week, usually from a magazine and lay it on the floor in front of the television. Then I take my ceramic skull and set it on top of the image, putting the mojo on the other team. This has kept the dolphins a great consistent franchise for years. (Sorry guys, I moved last year in July and I found my ceramic skull broken in it's storage box. Lay blame where it belongs for our 4-12 season, not on Jay, not on Ricky, not on Wanny. Blame me...screw that blame those clumsy movers!!!!)

thewicked1isher said:
I wake up early on Sunday and set up my "Shrine" around the television. This is mostly pictures, bobble-heads, helmets, shot glasses....if it can a dolphin Logo on it I own it and put it around my television. Then I get an image of the team we are playing that week, usually from a magazine and lay it on the floor in front of the television. Then I take my ceramic skull and set it on top of the image, putting the mojo on the other team. This has kept the dolphins a great consistent franchise for years. (Sorry guys, I moved last year in July and I found my ceramic skull broken in it's storage box. Lay blame where it belongs for our 4-12 season, not on Jay, not on Ricky, not on Wanny. Blame me...screw that blame those clumsy movers!!!!)

I se up a shrine also.

well me and my girlfriend usually put on the dolphins jersey and head to a bar to watch the game if its not on TV (im in NY area)... no real rituals, just usually i was wearing my orange surtain last year :(... this year i'll probably wear my ronnie brown jersey mostly, with a mix of chambers and eddie moore if he plays well (yes i have an eddie moore jersey, haha)... no real rituals, i just try to enjoy the game win lose or draw

byroan said:
I wear the same Dolphins shirt(or Jersey) every Sunday if we win. If we lose, then I wear a different shirt the next week. Of course they're clean :lol:

That's about it for my ritual. Great isn't it? :wink:

I do the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom