Gamec0cks CB Cam Smith enters the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gamec0cks CB Cam Smith enters the draft

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
To no one's surprise.

Seems like a lock to go in the first but if he makes past the first 31 selections, you start making phone calls.

At this point I'm thinking we sell out for one really great prospect, either a CB or OT.

Last edited:
To no one's surprise.

Seems like a lock to go in the first but if he makes past the first 31 selections, you start making phone calls.

At this point I'm thinking we sell out for one really great prospect, either a CB or OT.
Well u called it congrats

Nice call ghost. Your endorsement this long ago makes me feel even better about the pick (and about your talent evaluation skills). The kid looks like a gamer. His tape pops for sure and he seemed like BPA or at least one of them. Way different from Iggy who seemed like a reach and had inspiring tape.

Nice call ghost. Your endorsement this long ago makes me feel even better about the pick (and about your talent evaluation skills). The kid looks like a gamer. His tape pops for sure and he seemed like BPA or at least one of them. Way different from Iggy who seemed like a reach and had inspiring tape.

I think people assumed getting Jalen Ramsey closed the door on the need at corner. But I always thought the entire unit was a disaster last year, for a multitude of reasons.

Aside from Tua’s injuries, the CB position was our biggest weakness last year, ALL year, in fact before the season even started we knew it was a weakness.

They flipped the script, which is what I wanted to do. Make it as difficult on the opposing QBs as possible.

I clearly remember posting in this thread about how great I thought Smith was and what a good Day 2 fit he would be for Miami........................I must have deleted it. ;)

Nice proof-of-purchase, Ghost.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Cam was in <1% of Fins’ R2 mocks.
What’s extra impressive is you foretold slippage from R1.

I never thought the guy was actually going to be a Dolphin and I never mocked him (or anyone) to the Dolphins.

This was just a kid I envisioned wreaking havoc when paired just with Xavien Howard. Important to note, I wanted him before we got Ramsey.

Yesterday, I still wanted him BECAUSE we have Ramsey. We completed a critical unit that was a big negative last year.

Fangio and McDaniel both got a weapon yesterday, and I was a big fan of both so I am pumped. Ya I wanted a TE and OL. But my most important target is always value.

And flat out CB was the biggest weakness on the team, leaving the Tua stuff out of the equation. The position that cost the Dolphins the most L's was CB.

I was not comfortable with what we have. Now I am sooooooooooooooo eager to throw what we have at the games best QB's and see how they'll react.

We have three CB's your going to want to avoid and two DE's and DT ready to rip some heads (or balls) off.

And Jevon Holland and David Long Jr will just be floating around doing what they do, an especially scary prospect to anyone possessing the ball in their hands while in their vicinity.

Last edited:
Everyone talks about Miami's high powered Offense and the health of Tua but the team's story may be more about a huge improvement on Defense, due to health, some quality additions and The Fang.

Everyone talks about Miami's high powered Offense and the health of Tua but the team's story may be more about a huge improvement on Defense, due to health, some quality additions and The Fang.

It’s amazing how quickly people forgot what position cost us W’s last year and created unnecessary comebacks against Baltimore and Detroit.

I understand the natural inclination to lean towards wanting OL to create some mythical fortress around our franchise QB but that’s not practical. Plus it’s on the QB to limit the hits he takes, especially outside the pocket.

While Eichenberg and Jackson have a lot of work to do before they can be considered quality starters, it’s rather difficult to find someone immediately better for 2023 in those spots.

When no one was looking we created the most talented defense in the league consisting of players in their prime or entering their prime.

We created a defense to take down Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow.

In a perfect world we can draft defensive players in the next three first rounds while finding an OL here or there later in the drafts or FA.

I also think we might leave the door open for a sneaky trade during the season for some DL. Two guys in particular could set this defense off big time in Miami. Both are star players making a ton of money on teams that could be picking in the top 12. Hint: neither team had their first this year.

I never thought the guy was actually going to be a Dolphin and I never mocked him (or anyone) to the Dolphins.

This was just a kid I envisioned wreaking havoc when paired just with Xavien Howard. Important to note, I wanted him before we got Ramsey.

Yesterday, I still wanted him BECAUSE we have Ramsey. We completed a critical unit that was a big negative last year.

Fangio and McDaniel both got a weapon yesterday, and I was a big fan of both so I am pumped. Ya I wanted a TE and OL. But my most important target is always value.

And flat out CB was the biggest weakness on the team, leaving the Tua stuff out of the equation. The position that cost the Dolphins the most L's was CB.

I was not comfortable with what we have. Now I am sooooooooooooooo eager to throw what we have at the games best QB's and see how they'll react.

We have three CB's your going to want to avoid and two DE's and DT ready to rip some heads (or balls) off.

And Jevon Holland and David Long Jr will just be floating around doing what they do, an especially scary prospect to anyone possessing the ball in their hands while in their vicinity.
Kader is approaching great slot corner status

That would be four once Ramsey returns

Good luck rest of the nfl

Back
Top Bottom