GAME THREAD-Thanksgiving Day - Dolphins vs. Lions, 12:30 EST, 11/22/06 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GAME THREAD-Thanksgiving Day - Dolphins vs. Lions, 12:30 EST, 11/22/06

Judge Smails said:
Mike Williams has been activated for the game.
But honestly, Smails, do you believe he'll do anything considering he's contributed nothing to your team this year? Well, except for being a practice player...

thecoordinator said:
williams is 100% right. we do not have anyone that can cover him. you guys tell me during our little 3 game win streak exactly what probowl caliber wr we've had to account for??? bears, chiefs, vikes. hmmm...not seein' it. roy williams is going to be a huge problem for us IF we don't get to kitna on a consistent basis. he's big, strong, and fast, and we can't cover that man up.

How many probowls has williams been too? Thats a BIG FAT 0. How many balls has he dropped? how many times has he not come through for his team. PLENTY. We need to cover him just as much as we cover any other reciever but down't make him out to be chad johnson, To, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, or thearizona boys, he is a teir 2 WR in the same class as Chambers.

Dolfan5000 said:
But honestly, Smails, do you believe he'll do anything considering he's contributed nothing to your team this year? Well, except for being a practice player...

We joke that he is going to dominate, but as I said, we joke.

[Honestly, he probably will catch 2 balls for 20 yards]

A Wing Pilot said:
How many probowls has williams been too? Thats a BIG FAT 0. How many balls has he dropped? how many times has he not come through for his team. PLENTY. We need to cover him just as much as we cover any other reciever but down't make him out to be chad johnson, To, Santana Moss, Steve Smith, or thearizona boys, he is a teir 2 WR in the same class as Chambers.

I think you can put him up in the top Tier. When healthy Roy is a beast. We cant put him in the TO Steve Smith class yet but he is just as good as Santana, Boldin, and Fitz.

Den54 said:
I hope Crowder plays.

I've seen where people on this board have referred to Crowder as a 'soup eating monster'. Why is that? Is he a big soup eater???? Just curious....

butta247 said:
I think you can put him up in the top Tier. When healthy Roy is a beast. We cant put him in the TO Steve Smith class yet but he is just as good as Santana, Boldin, and Fitz.

You have your opinion but he isn't one of those guys I'm in awe over. Anquan Boldin, Dante Stallworth, Hines Ward, Lavernious Coles, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson... these are all guys that I think are better than Roy Williams and IMO Chambers is better (When thrown to enough). Don't recall a single highlight reel of Roy Williams since draft day.

Williams has been a stud this year, but they haven't really had the toughest of schedules this year. Those are some of the worst passing defenses in the league....

Here's the pass defensive rankings for the teams he's faced this year.....

CHI - #1
SEA - #19
GB - #31
STL - #9
MIN - #26
NY JETS - #21
BUF - #20
SF - #23
ARZ - #27
ATL - #29

Personally, I'm not all the worried about Williams. He's also about the only offensive weapon the Lions will have on Thursday....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

slyfox13 said:
I wonder who they'll pull up from the practice squad?:confused:

The choices are:

CB Shirdonya Mitchell
S Norman LeJune
WR Fred Gibson
WR P.K. Sam
OL Lee Gray
OL Dan Stevenson
TE Jason Rader
RB Patrick Cobbs

Since Tillman is a safety, I'm guessing LeJune...

Jason Taylor is going to have more TD's than Roy Williams tomorrow.

Roy always talks smack before games, its becoming rather irritating and emberassing. Like Smails said BMW is playing but he hasnt played in 5 weeks and the last two chances he had to catch the ball were both drops. So even though I hope we will do something he probaly wont do much. Roy is having problems fighting through double coverage recently though...

thecoordinator said:
williams is 100% right. we do not have anyone that can cover him. you guys tell me during our little 3 game win streak exactly what probowl caliber wr we've had to account for??? bears, chiefs, vikes. hmmm...not seein' it. roy williams is going to be a huge problem for us IF we don't get to kitna on a consistent basis. he's big, strong, and fast, and we can't cover that man up.
Why does somebody always have to bringadown the integrity of our winnig streaks. Last year it was thet we didn't play a playoff team and now its that we haven't covered a pro bowl reciever. wow.

cheyannefan said:
Why does somebody always have to bringadown the integrity of our winnig streaks. Last year it was thet we didn't play a playoff team and now its that we haven't covered a pro bowl reciever. wow.

Marcus Robinson, who we played against last week, was named to the Pro Bowl in 1999.

oh ya, and Roy Williams is a great receiver. If they had a decent receiver (not Mike Furrey) on the other side, he would be even better. 2 weeks ago, I think he had the league lead in receving yards.

Back
Top Bottom