Game Torrents | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Torrents

they key here is we are not *selling* these copies. once you involve money, you are stealing from the NFL's money-making pot. for games from the late '80's and early '90's that the NFL does not have to sell, i don't think they care.

The superbowls are the only ones actually released, and we aren't sharing those anyway.

There isn't much to be said that hasn't been said already. Bottom line - if you don't like it, don't participate. Otherwise, feel free to join in! It doesn't cost you anything, so relax!

HysterikiLL said:
So Crunch, you'll have the regular season games torrented? Just asking because I have pretty much no access to Dolphins games this season.

Thats the idea.We will be back bigger and better with the help of some of our torrent crew.

BTW last year as the season progressed I noticed several of the other team fan sites copying our idea.So I wouldnt be surprised to see several fan sites do it next year.

I'm going to find out exactly what the NFL finds inappropriate. From what I've read, the "Fair Use Act" doesn't apply to mass distribution of copyrighted games in which ESPN can barely get a hold of. Don't worry though guys, I'll let everyone know how it turns out. ;)

This is really great!! Due to time, location, busy schedule, a full slate of everything mixed with no night games, it looked like I would be missing out on a lot of Miami football but now I won't miss a thing. Woo

i dont think it is illegal to the point of being worried. No one is making a profit and these arent for the most part games that can be bought so there is no real worry.

I, for one, pay for the Sunday ticket for the last 3 seasons. So getting a copy of any game that I already paid for (or was paid to be broadcast by the sponsors on network TV,) is simply a backup copy of something I already bought.

jaxdolfan said:
I, for one, pay for the Sunday ticket for the last 3 seasons. So getting a copy of any game that I already paid for (or was paid to be broadcast by the sponsors on network TV,) is simply a backup copy of something I already bought.

I guess I can look at it that way. As long as I'm covered....:wink:

jaxdolfan said:

Correct.

FiN.in.RI said:
I'm going to find out exactly what the NFL finds inappropriate. From what I've read, the "Fair Use Act" doesn't apply to mass distribution of copyrighted games in which ESPN can barely get a hold of. Don't worry though guys, I'll let everyone know how it turns out. ;)
i don't understand WHAT your beef is with us, man.... if you don't like it, don't participate or post. no one is twisting your arm to post in this thread.

I pay over 200 bucks a year for NFL sunday ticket - for the last several years - which means i pay my dues. if i want a copy of an older game, i deserve it. the NFL has earned more than their fair share of my money over the years...

The funny thing here is i bet i put more money into the NFL's pocket than you do....

just food for thought...

EDIT: crap i just saw jax's post after i posted... funny, we're on the same school of thought here...

FiN.in.RI said:
but by your logic a home video you made at your family reunion would be an illegal copy if you made a copy to send to your mother.

Didn't you pay for the blank tape?

back to the NFL discussion - the actual NFL disclaimer states that each broadcast is copyright protected by the NFL and intended for the private use of their personal audience.... it says nothing about not "sharing". we are privately sharing with each other via torrents.... you obviously cannot publicly display a game in a movie theater or sports bar, or any avenue in which you profit from showing said game.

i still think sharing them via torrents is not illegal. mp3's is one thing - they are things that you can buy in a store - they are intellectual property. the NFL is a publicly-displayed game.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't torrents close to imposible to trace, I mean that there is no way that they can tell who is downloading, so they cannot do what they do on people with Kazaa or something like that, where they go and sue you for downloading. Is that true or just a rumor?

Back
Top Bottom