Game Torrents | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Game Torrents

Quelonio said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't torrents close to imposible to trace, I mean that there is no way that they can tell who is downloading, so they cannot do what they do on people with Kazaa or something like that, where they go and sue you for downloading. Is that true or just a rumor?

No, its quite easy to trace where a torrent is from and where its going to. That is unless you have an IP mask. hehehe Like some people do. Not saying I do, just know its quite possible.

IceStorm said:
No, its quite easy to trace where a torrent is from and where its going to. That is unless you have an IP mask. hehehe Like some people do. Not saying I do, just know its quite possible.

Its usually the people who complain the most about the torrents who use the
IP blockers but there is a counterprogram to counter that too.:tongue:

CrunchTime said:
Its usually the people who complain the most about the torrents who use the
IP blockers but there is a counterprogram to counter that too.:tongue:

If you are referring to me, I would never use an IP "blocking" "program", a proxy maybe, and for that, you might have a hard time blocking..

That said, I don't use torrents anymore because of the damn tracks they leave behind on certain servers all over the world.. :)

texasPHINSfan said:
but by your logic a home video you made at your family reunion would be an illegal copy if you made a copy to send to your mother.

Didn't you pay for the blank tape?

:rolleyes:

Is the family reunion a copyrighted event brought to you by the National Family Reunion League?

texasPHINSfan said:
back to the NFL discussion - the actual NFL disclaimer states that each broadcast is copyright protected by the NFL and intended for the private use of their personal audience.... it says nothing about not "sharing". we are privately sharing with each other via torrents.... you obviously cannot publicly display a game in a movie theater or sports bar, or any avenue in which you profit from showing said game.

It's actually not about the users making profit, but I'll find out what the NFL's stance on it is anyway. I doubt they will say it's legal but I'll ask and if they say it is legal and they don't mind I will gracefully retract :) .

I don't care what you folks do but when someone asks if it is illegal or not, I'm going to tell them that it is illegeal

FiN.in.RI said:
If you are referring to me, I would never use an IP "blocking" "program", a proxy maybe, and for that, you might have a hard time blocking..

That said, I don't use torrents anymore because of the damn tracks they leave behind on servers all over the world.. :)

No.You are a FH member and you are welcome to load them anytime you want.I was referring to the hipocrisy of some of the technofiles in general.They have the knowledge to do good but prefer to stay on the dark side.:vader: :saberfigh

FiN.in.RI said:
I don't care what you folks do but when someone asks if it is illegal or not, I'm going to tell them that it is illegeal
well, technically you don't know that its illegal anymore than we know its legal.

i'm sure the NFL won't say its "legal", just to protect their a$$e$... but i am sure they really don't care. They are a capitalist machine.... if they won't lose money doing something, they won't care.

Back
Top Bottom