Games you attended | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games you attended

Hope the next one is a good one for you brother. I remember those games and they were painful , especially the Saints game because I had that blind hope anything can happen and knew in my heart we were cooked
Looks like we should be playing in New Orleans next year, I will be there! I think we should really be coming together by that time too.

Best memory: 1986 at the Rams. Marino threw five TDs (three to Duper) and we win in OT. I was blown away!

Worst memory: 1994 Divisional Playoff Game loss at SD. I'll stop right there.
You can’t be that old lol.

I have attended over 400 games over the 50 plus years, so it is difficult to pick the best win and most heartbreaking loss but as far as the win, it had to be the Dolphins beatings the undefeated a Bears and giving them what turned out to be their only loss of the season.
The worst loss was against the Chargers. Miami came back from a 24-0 deficit and then had the chance to win the game with a FG in overtime. The FG was blocked and the Chargers went on to win the game. So many highs and lows in the game that walking out of the stadium after the game I was completed drained.

More recently (2015) I was at the Texans game where we scored 41 in the 1st half. I've never gotten so tired from celebrating in such a short period of time. It felt like every time I sat down I had to get back up bc we scored again. I started feeling bad for the Texans. Crazy game.

been to load of great games in my life. But the two that stand out for me was 1989 Marino vs Obrien. I remember the Fins being down something like 21-3 or something close to that. But right before the half ends Stoyo kicks a 59 yarder that silences the crowd. Then I knew Marino was gonna bring them back. Second half Marino performs his magic and Fins win. I’ll always remember Louis Oliver crushes O’Brien on his own one yard line. O’Brien folded like a cheap lawn chair, jet fans never forgave him after that.

The other one was the fake spike game. That play silenced 75000 screaming idiots in a matter of a second. I swear it felt like time just stopped. Walking out of the ghettolands the jet fans were so broken up they started fights amongst themselves all over that parking lot.

More recently (2015) I was at the Texans game where we scored 41 in the 1st half. I've never gotten so tired from celebrating in such a short period of time. It felt like every time I sat down I had to get back up bc we scored again. I started feeling bad for the Texans. Crazy game.

I was at that game, I thought the fins would never stop scoring.

I have been to many games over the years but one really sticks out. I was at the Bears-Dolphin game at the Orange Bowl. The Bears were heavy favorites (it was their only loss that Super Bowl winning season) but the Dolphins played a near perfect game. It was so noisy that the expression "it was so noisy I can't hear myself think" was a constant thought. I believe the fans were a big part of that win. The game was amazing.

Lastly I was dying to goto an opening game one year and I live in Bmore now. Four years back or so Miami opened @ Redskins and Landry houses a punt return to win. They say white men can’t jump, I was vertical !

I was at that game! My wife’s whole family is redskins or Steelers fans and all the skins people were salty AF when Landry took it to the house and I was running up and down the stairs chest bumping Miami fans.
:lmfao:

That was the game the TE knocked himself out I was in that corner of the end zone

Last edited:
Went to kickoff weekend Miami v Falcons 2009 and we got whooped. Was cool and all but let’s be honest kickoff weekend in the NFL is not as good as MLB opening day which is ballistic

I’ve been to countless games against the Jets at MetLife and meadowlands. This past year we went to giants dolphins to see Eli’s last game that was cool. A few years ago humming on dan Campbell’s winning streak I ventured to foxboro for the Thursday night game against New England. We got crushed in that one. I’ve been to Baltimore to see us against the ravens, another crush I think we were getting cleaned by halftime. I’ve only been to one game in Miami, it was in 09 against the pats. We won that one pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom