Games you attended | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games you attended

This is a fun thread. I think I’m 9 and 4 at games. 4 in California, where I live, and I’ve been lucky to see 9 at what will always be Joe Robbie Stadium to me. I’m sad I never got to the Orange Bowl. In California, I saw us in a victory over the Rams in OT in 86, the Raiders in LA in 88, a loss against San Diego down there some time in the 90’s, and then a victory against Oakland in 97. Never made it to Candlestick or where ever the 49ers play now.

That makes me 6 and 3 in Miami...the last being the awesome victory over the Bills in 2005. And that is probably my second favorite which is a whole nother story.

But my favorite memory has to be my first home game, a victory in OT vs. the Eagles on Sunday night in 1990. I saw it alone, my sister went on up to Orlando as a Disney fan, but I made her see the game the next week, a victory vs. Seattle. But after 2 away games in California, seeing my team at home was a great feeling. Not to mention the victory that night gave us our first playoff berth in 5 years. The energy leaving the stadium that night was electric, playing “I want it all” from Queen. For those of you who live near the stadium and see games often, I envy you. There is no greater feeling than seeing your favorite team play in their home stadium. I hope this pandemic doesn’t end that fun and I can see my team again some time in a home game.

I live about an hour away from Toronto so I have been to a few games in Buffalo plus a few games in Miami and other road games

In Buffalo

92-Keith Jackson's 1st game after signing and Louis Oliver's over 100 yd Int. TD return
94-Bills kicked Phins butt
96-Jimmy coaching and T-Buck with about a 100 yd TD return
97 and 98- Not very memorable games
03-Think we won
10-Week 1 I believe
14- Bills won and just remember yelling at Philbin for not going for points before half

In Miami

01-MNF demolition of the Colts...Konrad had a good game
02-MNF Ricky ran wild over the Bears
03-Boring win over Ravens
04-AJ Feeley and Phins get beat by Bills
05-Amazing comeback game against Bills with Rosenfels and Chambers
06-Win over the Vikings JT returned an Int for a TD I believe
08-Wildcat win over Niners
09- 2 games both losses to end season against Texans and Steelers
19-loss to Chargers

Road Games

11-Thanksgiving loss to Cowboys
12-Loss to 9ers
16-Opening Week loss to Seahawks with Kenny Stills drop

Hoping to do Arizona and Vegas this year and in the future Los Angeles, Saints, Titans and Texans games

Last edited:
I was at the 1993 game in Philly when Don Shula broke Halas record. I wanted to see Marino before he retired but he got injured the prior week so instead I got pederson,Mitchell and Steve Deberg. Yes all 3 played
DeBerg didn't play in that game (not sure he was even on the team yet at that point). Mitchell started and got hurt, then Pederson finished up. DeBerg started the next week in a win over NE and he started the Thanksgiving game win.

Edit: DeBerg was on the roster for five games, started four. Mitchell was back for the last three games.

Last edited:
DeBerg didn't play in that game (not sure he was even on the team yet at that point). Mitchell started and got hurt, then Pederson finished up. DeBerg started the next week in a win over NE and he started the Thanksgiving game win.

Edit: DeBerg was on the roster for five games, started four. Mitchell was back for the last three games.
He was there and played 2 snaps. I was at the game

He was there and played 2 snaps. I was at the game
I stand corrected. I looked like crazy trying to find the date when Miami signed DeBerg in '93. Best I could come up with was after the second bye week following Cleveland. So yeah, he would've been on the roster vs Philly.

I've never been to a Dolphins game. In fact, I've been to more ELAF games (later changed to NFL Europe) than NFL games. The one NFL game to which I've been was a Denver/Seattle game the year the Kingdome was demolished. (the demolitions company for which I worked had a hand in that)

The game wasn't very memorable for me, as it was at Husky Stadium and couldn't sell beer, ironically enough.

I had a better time at Berlin Thunder's opening game.

If fans can attend NFL games at any time this coming season, my best chance would be @SF, but they're going to get stomped, so I'll just watch it on local TV for the first time in like ever.

There are three games that stick out immediately to me. My family has been season ticket holders since 1970. I remember as a young boy, the 1972 Perfect Season when Bob Griese broke his leg and Earl Morral came in and beat the Chargers.

Most intense Game - 1985 Undefeated Chicago Bears come in to Miami and get trounced. It was the most electrifying game I have ever been to. Stood the whole game and lost my voice for two days. The Orange Bowl was rocking. If you want to see a great vintage game, watch it.

Best away game, Green Bay Packers versus Miami in Green Bay. Miami ended up loosing but being at Lambeau field was nostalgic. The fans were simply impressive as we went from tailgate to tailgate as they kept shouting "Hey Marino, come get a beer and braut." We were all wearing our Dolphins Jersey's. Fans were amazing

Worst away game - Jets, what were we thinking about (I traveled with a group and we picked a new place every year). I got punched in the back by a drunk Jets fan while I was peeing in the urinal. I should have turned around!!!

02, KC vs Miami.
Luxury box in KC.
Ricky breaking a TD run off the left side, running right at us.

One of the coolest moments ever. Before that it was a OAK As vs Twins game in MINN, and seeing the bash bros and Ricky Henderson tree stumps he called legs push dirt.

I've only attended one game - last year at home against Buffalo. The wife and I are already talking about flying down for the Jets game this year.
We're thinking on doing the same thing, the Jets Nov 15. Already looking at hotels on Hotwire and I'm amazed how cheap the rates are. Really hoping things works out.

We're thinking on doing the same thing, the Jets Nov 15. Already looking at hotels on Hotwire and I'm amazed how cheap the rates are. Really hoping things works out.
Yeah, same game. That's our anniversary week. We are considering booking the travel and hotel now while everything is cheap. Even if there's no game, we will have the anniversary booked.

Yeah, same game. That's our anniversary week. We are considering booking the travel and hotel now while everything is cheap. Even if there's no game, we will have the anniversary booked.
Yeah well, it ain't our anniversary, lol. We got screwed out of the Yankees/Mariners series June 1-3 so I just told her, we're going to Miami then. She's a Broncos fan and she says, let's just go to Denver then because Miami plays there this year. That isn't happening tho. It's Miami or bust. I've only ever seen the 'Phins play out West, we're going to Miami this year.

Last game I went to was Dan Campbell in Foxboro on a Thursday night. We got killed and I argued with fans about deflategate. I’ve seen the Tannehill led Dolphins in Foxboro two other times with very similar results, blowout Patriot wins. Before that I was at the Flutie drop kick game and the AFC east clincher in 2000. I was at a couple more Dolphins at Patriots games between 1990 and 2000. There were a couple they crushed us in. Marino had a bunch of picks in one game, but mounted a decent failed comeback, and we had them on the ropes in another until Drew Bledsoe led them back. Ben “winter” Coates went bananas in a Sunday nighter leading NE to a route and I remember we crushed them at home in a 1:00 game once as well.

What I’m leading up to Is my very first NFL game. In 1990 I was 15 years old and the Patriots sucked and didn’t sell out. This means their games were not televised in the New England area. Opening day we were in town and I really wanted to see the game. My dad kept telling me, “you will see the game” but I was too dumb to figure out why. He bought tickets and the whole family went. We were down 24-3 and Dan brought us back to the 27-24 win. Sammie smith went off, awesome memory.

I’ve seen us 3 times in Buffalo, all losses. Flutie led the Bills back in one and Craig Erickson actually came in for an injured Marino in another.

I’ve been to Miami for games 4 times. We beat the Arizona Cardinals (Yatil Green had a reception lol), the Jets crushed the Damon Huard led fins in another and there were 2 more against the Pats. We beat them in 02 and they beat us in 03 when Mare missed 2 game winners from the infield dirt. Why did we have a kicker who couldn’t make kicks from the infield dirt????

Back
Top Bottom