Games you attended | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games you attended

Last game I went to was Dan Campbell in Foxboro on a Thursday night. We got killed and I argued with fans about deflategate. I’ve seen the Tannehill led Dolphins in Foxboro two other times with very similar results, blowout Patriot wins. Before that I was at the Flutie drop kick game and the AFC east clincher in 2000. I was at a couple more Dolphins at Patriots games between 1990 and 2000. There were a couple they crushed us in. Marino had a bunch of picks in one game, but mounted a decent failed comeback, and we had them on the ropes in another until Drew Bledsoe led them back. Ben “winter” Coates went bananas in a Sunday nighter leading NE to a route and I remember we crushed them at home in a 1:00 game once as well.

What I’m leading up to Is my very first NFL game. In 1990 I was 15 years old and the Patriots sucked and didn’t sell out. This means their games were not televised in the New England area. Opening day we were in town and I really wanted to see the game. My dad kept telling me, “you will see the game” but I was too dumb to figure out why. He bought tickets and the whole family went. We were down 24-3 and Dan brought us back to the 27-24 win. Sammie smith went off, awesome memory.

I’ve seen us 3 times in Buffalo, all losses. Flutie led the Bills back in one and Craig Erickson actually came in for an injured Marino in another.

I’ve been to Miami for games 4 times. We beat the Arizona Cardinals (Yatil Green had a reception lol), the Jets crushed the Damon Huard led fins in another and there were 2 more against the Pats. We beat them in 02 and they beat us in 03 when Mare missed 2 game winners from the infield dirt. Why did we have a kicker who couldn’t make kicks from the infield dirt????

That was 1997 and I was there too. I came down with hypothermia, as I got soaked from the rain and my temperature started dropping. That game started out well, but after Dan left, the o-line couldn't protect Erickson. I remember their QB was Alex Van Pelt and after they beat us, their fans were talking about playoffs. I told them that yeah, they beat us that day, but the 1997 Bills were no playoff team. And I was right....lol

1993...Dolphins in Cleveland...the game Marino tore his Achilles...I was so excited because I had a friend back then who was related to JB Brown and I was supposed to go to the team hotel after the game for pictures and autographs...only 2 people I really wanted to meet and get pics with..:Marino and Shula...

It's a long way from home! But i managed to watch when we beat the Pats in Miami in 2015 which cost them top place in the AFC. Good times.

Was planning on going to the 49ers game later this year but not chance now with travel restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom