Games you attended | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Games you attended

I had season tickets from the mid 90s through the 2010s. I was too young to remember a lot of the great ones, but the Greg Camarillo game comes to mind as the most exciting for me. I thought for sure we were going winless.

Another is the Lamar Smith wild card game against the Colts, and the Jay Ajayi breakthrough against the Steelers.

From my childhood, I have some fond memories of all of the records Danny broke at home.

Lots of heartbreak. Way more heartbreak.

2002 against the Bears on Monday night in Miami. It was raining hard the entire game and our Dolphins ponchos did nothing to keep us dry lol. I remember as we were entering the stadium the guy at the gate kept yelling "Bears cannot swim". My son was only 2 and a half at the time and all game long he was yelling "Go Ricky" all of the fans near us loved this little toddler decked out in his dolphins gear in the middle of a downpour having the time of his life.

Sitting near us were a few Bears fans who before the game kept saying that Ricky Williams wasnt going to get 100 yards against them. Well they were right because he got over 200 yards for the 2nd game in a row and Miami won.

Been to 6 games, they are 2-4. After they got blown out by jets (my last game) I swore I won’t see another till the team starts winning consistently again.

First game was seeing them the last game of the season in Foxboro against the Patriots in 1992. Jeez, that was cold! Marino absolutely willed the team to win in OT.

Saw them again in 93 in Foxboro. This time, they lost at the very end, but the place was rocking so much and there was so much joy, I couldn't feel too bad.

Saw them in 96 against the Jets. Nice but nothing spectacular.

Saw them in 97 against the Ravens in Baltimore. I scalped one ticket for $20 on the street. I sat on the Dolphins side of the field, about 10 or 12 rows up from the players. Nice win.

Saw them in 98 against the Jets in the Meadowlands. Kevin Mawae kept wiping out Zach Thomas on those Curtis Martin runs. Left in the 3rd quarter.

Saw them in 98 up in Buffalo. That's the one where John Avery kept almost breaking a return for touchdown. Almost.

Saw them against the Jets in 2001. Feidler got stopped at the goal line.

Saw them against the Jets in 2003. Ogunleye kept sacking the QB.

Saw them against the Redskins in 2003. My ex-wife bought us tickets for that game. My first game in Miami. We had seats in THE VERY LAST ROW. Thankfully, the Dolphins wore their night roadwork orange jerseys so I could see them from eight miles high. Brian Griese threw a TD bomb, proceeded to stink up the joint, Feidler came in and ignited the team. In the 4th quarter, Ricky Williams ran to the end zone and was looking around for someone to tackle him along the way. They never did.

More as I think of them...

Live in the UK and have been to about 25 games in total. Been fortunate enough to see some good ones.

1992 - 19 - 17 Jets - Stoyanovich kicks late field goal to win having missed a PAT to tie a few mins earlier. Think this was the Pete Carroll choke game

1996 - 21 - 7 up in Buffalo - Terrell Buckley 91 yard pick six to finish the game when it looked like Buffalo would level it up late. The Bills fans behind us were salty!

1999 - 34 - 31 in Indy. Marino's last season, great game with last min TD to Gadsen

Then the following week in New England, Damon Huard comes in to lead last min win 31 - 30

Most recently, was at the comeback win in Atlanta 3 years ago 20 - 17.

Worst game was 2 weeks before that at Wembley in London against New Orleans, just a horrible game

I was at the monday night miracle in the meadowlands against the Jets. It was tough watching Miami blow a big lead. I just remember sitting their kwith jets fans going crazy and you could just feel that Miami couldnt make just 1 play and they list after being up like 30-7 at the half. I was also at the last game of the year against the pats back in 2002. We dominated yhe game. Ricky ran for like 180 something yards we win the game we win yhe division. But no the Dolphins blow an 11 point leqd with 5 minutes to go and we lose the game and the division and the jets beat greenbay and win the division. Long drive home to Ct.
In the Marino years I was lucky to see 2 games against the jets both games Marino threw 3 Td passes and Miami wins both games.

I have a few that come to mind.

1st game I ever attended as a young punk back in 1979 at the Oakland Coliseum. It was a Monday Night game. Griese, Csonka, Nathan, Nat Moore, Stabler, Casper, Hendricks, the list goes on and on. Dolphins lost and I was crushed, but hey. I found the game on youtube a while back. Very, very cool.

Next game that comes to mind was Dolphins at SF in 1992. We got our tails kicked, but I was seated only a few rows off the field in the endzone where Jerry Rice tied Steve Largent’s TD record. It was cool to see something like that up close.

Next game was my first and only trip to see a game at, then, Joe Robbie Stadium. In 1995. Another Monday Night game, another game against SF. It was the game when Danny Marino was sacked on the first 3 offensive plays of the game. It didn’t get better from there. But still quite an experience to visit MIA and see a game with so many Dolphins fans.

Next game was in 2003 against the Chargers. The game was supposed to be played in San Diego and the return of Junior Seau. I had $200 a piece club level seats. However the game was postponed due to wildfires and, instead, played on Monday night in Tempe, AZ at Sun Devil Stadium.

My buddy and I actually made the drive to the new site. Cool part was, we were refunded our $200 tickets and got into the re-scheduled game free. They handed out tix lottery style for donations of canned food. We lucked out and landed seats at around the 45 yard line and 30 rows up. Next to a ton of college coeds!

The Dolphins dominated the game behind Ricky Williams and the defense, who stymied Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson.

I’ve been to numerous other games, one up in Seattle when they played at UW before opening their current stadium and numerous other games in Oakland during the 90’s and early 2000’s. The most memorable of those was the game where Zach Thomas intercepted a pass near the goal line for a pick 6. I don’t recall the exact year, but the Dolphins won the game easily.

I've only been to two - Dolphins v Bucs in Tampa on MNF when we lost to a winless team in Philbin's second year (that era in a nutshell) and the year after when we got crushed by Baltimore in the second half down the stretch, that one in Miami.

I haven't enjoyed either experience all that much. I've missed less than ten games on TV since 2002 but I don't feel attending the NFL in person is must do, especially since the Dolphins haven't put a consistently competitive product on the field in that entire era.

I was gonna go to some games in 2017 but when the Dolphins signed Cutler I was out. I refused to pay money to see that joke of a QB who was out of the league for a reason before Gase gave him a call.

I was at the skins opening game in 2017? Where Landry won it on a punt return. Also a philly preseason game a few years back.

I was at the skins opening game in 2017? Where Landry won it on a punt return. Also a philly preseason game a few years back.
It was 2015. I was there and Landry scored the touchdown in front of me. Nice stadium, nice fans (at least the ones all around me) and the Dolphins fans definitely took the place over at the end of the game. I wouldn't mind seeing another game there again.

I went to every home game in the 72 season except the Monday night game (against the Cardinals?). The best and maybe my favorite game was the San Diego game where Griese went down. I was pretty sure the season was over. A 38 year old crew cut sporting, Earl Morrall save the game and the season. Man that was sooo cool!

Back
Top Bottom