Gary Brackett (UFA - Colts) @ ILB - Anyone?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gary Brackett (UFA - Colts) @ ILB - Anyone??

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have seen a post about this guy, but Gary Brackett (ILB - Colts) is a UFA. He is a very good player and I think could be a good player for us. He isn't tall (5-11, 235 Lbs, 29 years old), but he is fast and has GREAT instincts. Ray Lewis type skill set. NO I am not saying he is as GREAT as Lewis, so calm down. I'm just saying they have similar SKILL SETS. I know he plays in the 4-3 right now, but a 4-3 ILB is actually harder than a 3-4 ILB, so I think he could make the transition because this guy is VERY good against the run. Plus he is a high character guy from all the reports I have seen and could be a Good Defensive leader for us, which we really need. I would not mind picking up this guy.

Sorry guys I hadn't seen this thread:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/gary-brackett-269702.html?highlight=gary

Mods please merge

Last edited by a moderator:
No he is not VERY fast at all but is very smart and a good tackler. Problem is I think we want our own guys and parcells likes his linebackers like women want their men... big.

Good player but only 235 and more suited to a 4-3.

Yea he is a 43 guy..he is way too small to be in a 34....

In a 34 you have to fight more O linemen as well..

So he would essentially have to work harder

nothing is impossible in the nfl how many people said zach was too small to play but anyways im not comparing brackett to thomas by any means just saying thatnow a days size dont matter as much as it did before but waht about Ricky Brown doesn anyone have any info on this guy from what i've researcehd he's been in 4 years played at Boston Colleage went on IR last year plays for the Raiders only 26 and can play OLB and ILB just a tought dont know much about him though

Brackett is not a 3-4 LB. He is strictly a 4-3 guy.

1-He is too small at 235lbs.
2-He is too slow even though his instincts make up for it.

I would have to say NO to Brackett. Sorry!

I use to work with his cousin, and use to talk trash about how we were going to beat the Colts, and I guess she most have told him cause he called me from her phone one time and I was sleeping lol

Back
Top Bottom