Gary Kubiak | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gary Kubiak

Again you have to think does he have any connections to a Flores- probably not- so no chance.

Look at all the hirings, some are decling jobs because they cant bring their people in. Its just the way it works in the leauge.
Flores is connected to no one unless it’s in the BB tree. Sounds like a great guy but I don’t want him.

That's what we need either an excellent HC or some good coordinators. I might be wrong but don't the Rams have Wade Phillips as DC? The Texans have Romeo Cronell I hope I spelled that right? Guys that aren't necessarily considered great head coaches but are excellent coordinators. I would be all for this move because the guy has been around the game for a long time. Hopefully then whoever his assistant is can learn from him and we can promote from within. However, there has to be something that makes them want to come here and we just don't seem like a prime destination for coordinators like Kubiak.

Why did Kubiak quit after just taking the job?

I don't know if anyone will ever know the real answer to that question, but the situation there in Denver seems a little weird right now.

With that said, he hasn't announced that he's retiring for health related reasons, so it seems like he's on the market, or at least thinking about being on the market.

That's a good hire if Klint actually knows how to coach quarterbacks. If not, that's a mistake.

Miami had a similar problem with a family member getting a QB coaching position a few years back. He might have been good in the film room, but he failed to coach miami's quarterbacks on some important aspects of the job, like footwork and throwing fundamentals. It wasn't until Bill Lazor came in in 2014 that anyone bothered to try to correct some footwork issues with both Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill. One of the things that Lazor did do right.

Could also explain the limited number of phone calls he received/returned

The number of NFL coaches who bring their sons into the profession is mind boggling. I cannot think of any other job in sports that is so blatantly full of nepotism and cronyism.

If you’re some innocent schlub who loves football and is very bright but wasn’t good enough to play, the number of fair opportunities for you is severely limited by all this family bias throughout the league.

The NFL is way behind Major League Baseball. In this century, baseball management has taken a huge step forward. You have extremely bright highly educated guys —often ivy leaguers— paying their dues and ascending. These guys hire more bright guys. They’ve got analytics, and have really advanced front office analysis.

The NFL has not had its come to Jesus moment on this. It’s embarrassing looking at teams just running in the sons of other coaches into top jobs.

The number of NFL coaches who bring their sons into the profession is mind boggling. I cannot think of any other job in sports that is so blatantly full of nepotism and cronyism.

If you’re some innocent schlub who loves football and is very bright but wasn’t good enough to play, the number of fair opportunities for you is severely limited by all this family bias throughout the league.

The NFL is way behind Major League Baseball. In this century, baseball management has taken a huge step forward. You have extremely bright highly educated guys —often ivy leaguers— paying their dues and ascending. These guys hire more bright guys. They’ve got analytics, and have really advanced front office analysis.

The NFL has not had its come to Jesus moment on this. It’s embarrassing looking at teams just running in the sons of other coaches into top jobs.

I mostly agree with you. But on the other hand, Mike Shula has been a decent offensive coordinator in the NFL and I think Kyle Shanahan has been a damn good one. Brian Schottenheimer (the other guy who immediately comes to mind)... I don't think he's terrible, but yeah, not so much.

Reads like Gary’s just taking that advisory gig to get his son in the door.

That's a good hire if Klint actually knows how to coach quarterbacks. If not, that's a mistake.

Miami had a similar problem with a family member getting a QB coaching position a few years back. He might have been good in the film room, but he failed to coach miami's quarterbacks on some important aspects of the job, like footwork and throwing fundamentals. It wasn't until Bill Lazor came in in 2014 that anyone bothered to try to correct some footwork issues with both Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill. One of the things that Lazor did do right.
Yet that failure is about to become head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Back
Top Bottom