Gase 8/19 Presser | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase 8/19 Presser

I don't like it. Like I've said before, what the Dolphins are doing is weird. I don't get the value of not showing what your TE is capable of in the red zone. The Eagles didn't have a problem with displaying Goedert's talents. Are they now fearful because he has been productive in the preseason that teams will be able to shut him down now? I doubt it.
Exactly, so in game 2 or 3 if we do something in game 1 it's over because everybody saw what we did... Makes no sense

I'm torn on holding things back. Yes, the element of surprise is valuable but it seems like there could be a balance of getting reps and keeping secrets. How does running plays you won't in the regular season help this offense move forward? And really, how long can you surprise them? You need to be your best after 16 games, not week 1-4. The best teams just line up and do what they do, whether it's August or January. They may bring in wrinkles later but they would definitely work their red zone targets in the red zone
This is kinda how I feel. I think you run the risk of a slow start to the season if you aren’t practicing the “good stuff” in the preseason game situations.

Exactly, so in game 2 or 3 if we do something in game 1 it's over because everybody saw what we did... Makes no sense
I really want to like him and three quarters of me does like him but I don't see what he says transitioning to the field at all.

He answered my question regarding Gesicki. He’s being really careful with what he shows and will obviously be much more aggressive, especially in the red zone, during the regular season.

I'm very happy to read that. They got down to the red zone and I was giddy, waiting to see what Gesicki would do. We'll have to wait.

He says at the 4-5 minute mark what alot of the posters are frustrated about in regards to the offense.

He sees it, says it’s somewhat easily correctable, we need to see it happen though.

I like the Gore comment, do you need to see him Saturday night? No but he is driving me crazy about not playing

I say these preseason games are for practicing your bread-and-butter plays, the things everyone and their brother knows you're going to do and exactly how you're going to do it. These are the plays (offense and defense) that you will be using most and need to be as close to perfect as possible. So, nothing to lose by showing it, and a lot to be gained by practicing it against real competition. But, those newish plays or new weapons, like Gesicki, might be best held back so your opponents aren't able to properly prepare for it.

I'm down with Gase's approach to preseason. But, we must be better at avoiding penalties. Sloppy is not acceptable.

At what point do you show it? Week one? No, wait, we might want to save it for when we need a win to ensure a playoff spot. But maybe we should save it for the playoffs, otherwise teams will see it. But then we could save it for the Super Bowl. Honestly, who doesn't expect a jump ball to our athletic tight end?

Cue the regular season when penalties remain the same and Qb the overthrows on the fade to Gesicki because they haven't practiced that with an opposing team in a game situation.

I really want to believe but I'll be shocked if we don't start off slow, spot them 10, and look sloppy.
If Gesicki is burning X and Jones (Pro-bowler and one of the best safeties in the league) in practice what makes you think an opposing Safety is going to be able to stop him? If RT is connecting with him VS those guys even half as consistently as reported then I'll take that.

TE v S is always going to favor the TE.

Im ok wirh not working Gore, he qill getto speed even if he starts slow. I don't think Gase shpuld show special plays and that sort of thing but but we all know we suck at fades and ill fall on the floor if do.do.the play most yeams run in the red zone and we get an overthrow or missed assignment etc. Its football not rocket science.

The skill positions have had all of OTAs and training camp to perfect their timing, it's not like they're going in cold week one. Say he'd seen enough with Gesicki trying to haul in that Fales overthrow against Tampa.

OK so we will just have until the regular season for the Wildcat to make its debut! Patience everyone, I beg you...…...

Back
Top Bottom