Gase 8/19 Presser | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase 8/19 Presser

I don't care how vanilla and conservative the play calling is. I don't care that they aren't scoring a lot in the preseason.

Two things I DO want to see in game 3:

- Less stupid penalties
- For Gase to get over his hard-on for screen passes

Unfortunately the screen game isn't going anywhere with Wilson and Amendola here, just hope it's not called on third and long. Hoping for more slants and back shoulder throws this year especially when Parker's back, need to kick start his career.

Shula used to have the mentality that we’re going to line up and play hard nosed, disciplined football. Best of luck trying to stop us. I’d much rather do this than run nothing but vanilla plays that don’t allow you to practice your real offense in game situations.

Everyone runs vanilla plays in the preseason. It's preseason.

So since everybody is taking preseason failures as a sign of what to expect in regular season, should we also assume Tannehill will complete nearly 80% of his passes (he's at 78%), that Drake will average 6.5 yards and average 140 yards per game (he's at 70 yards in two quarters of play), or that Robert Quinn will finish with 64 sacks (he's averaging 1 per quarter played)? Sure you look at what goes on in preseason games, but lets not get too worked up positively or negatively until mid to late September. As for the redzone play calling, I'm willing to bet the plan doesn't include giving Senorise Perry carries up the middle in the red zone.

What's funny is if we had blown out both opponents in the 2 practice game people would be saying superbowl bound. These games mean very little except to decide who makes the bottom of the 53 . See Cleveland last preseason.

Everyone runs vanilla plays in the preseason. It's preseason.

I’ve watched quite a few games this year and our vanilla is different for others. Other teams are not just throwing 4 yard passes. There’s actual rout combos that attack down field and schemes or formations to get receivers open. I haven’t seen much of that from Gase. Our down field throws have primarily come from play action. So if the rest of the league is vanilla, we must be sugar free, low calorie, knock off brand vanilla.

imitation vanilla :)

Who cares if the coaches are seeing the stuff they need to decide who makes the team. Expect more next game when starters stay in longer

I’ve watched quite a few games this year and our vanilla is different for others. Other teams are not just throwing 4 yard passes. There’s actual rout combos that attack down field and schemes or formations to get receivers open. I haven’t seen much of that from Gase. Our down field throws have primarily come from play action. So if the rest of the league is vanilla, we must be sugar free, low calorie, knock off brand vanilla.

Remember Tannehill's main down the field targets (Parker and Stills) have played one series. I'm sure once they get back they will get targeted down the field some.

I thought it was interesting that we played our starters quite a lot (more than most teams) in the second game, but the play calls were indeed that vanilla. I think he just felt like the team needed some reps facing guys they don't see in practice every day. I think again to that sequence in which the team screwed up a screen pass and Gase just called the same play again on the next down. They got it better the second time.

With Tannehill I thought it was especially obvious that he just wanted him taking reps and not taking hits.

It's a frustrating approach that may or may not work but for now I'll side with Gase as it's his team. I want a win in every single game because I'm selfish with the Fins that way but I want to see a better approach in game 3 or the concern may be real.

I believe you practice how you play. I'll wait for next week but seriously doubt all the penalties and bs play calling will magically disappear. My bet is we crawl into game 1 looking unprepared, it's the Fins way like it or not.

If Gesicki is burning X and Jones (Pro-bowler and one of the best safeties in the league) in practice what makes you think an opposing Safety is going to be able to stop him? If RT is connecting with him VS those guys even half as consistently as reported then I'll take that.

TE v S is always going to favor the TE.

I agree. I don't get this panic over what you're seeing in preseason games. We saw total domination in PS in 2016 from the starters on both sides of the ball. ...and started 1-4.

They do these things against the same guys every day in practice. Guys that cover them every day and know them and their habits yet Gisecki scores on them at will.... no defender is going to be able to stop him and doing it in a PS game isn't going to affect that either way. These games don't mean jack crap.
I've watched too many great preseasons that totally flipped when the season started so i see them as nothing more than a way to get guys physically ready and see how fringe players are grasping the spped and competition.

Game 2 to me seemed like valuable reps for the OL versus different opponents to help with cohesion etc. Game 3 traditionally has more game planning, will be disappointed if the starters don't get TD s.

Hasn't worked for us maybe time to change things up. I wouldn't mess with what the Pats do but us...pfffft

Back
Top Bottom