Gase Demand? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Demand?

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
why does everyone want Gase?
Do they believe 7-9 was the result of injuries?
Due to Burke?
Were we wrong to criticize play calling?
All due to no QB?
No one can win in Miami?

I personally don't care where he ends up and what he does. He failed here. Did not find a QB, did not get a great defensive coordinator, did not win in the end. He failed.
If he fixes those things where he goes he may be successful. But I would not care, he failed us!

why does everyone want Gase?
Do they believe 7-9 was the result of injuries?
Due to Burke?
Were we wrong to criticize play calling?
All due to no QB?
No one can win in Miami?

It seems we have a lot of Gase conversations...he's no longer a fin so what he does and where he goes should not matter.

It seems we have a lot of Gase conversations...he's no longer a fin so what he does and where he goes should not matter.
I disagree. Understanding this may help figure out what we are doing wrong.

I had moved on from Gase during the season. Who cares what he does. Same for Landry and Pouncey and everyone else that is not a Dolphins anymore.

1. The numbers indicate this team should have won 3 or 4 games, at best.

Think about it. We lost to the Bengals, Bills, and Lions. Those were all teams with 5 or 6 wins. The only AFC teams we were truly better than was the Raiders and Jets.

2. We won quite a few games due to gadget type plays or pure offensive design.

Without creativity from the offense, we do not win several of the games we did, including vs. the Raiders. For that reason, one could argue I shouldn't have said we were better than the Raiders. All of our victories were close and everyone can pinpoint some of the big plays that put us over the top in those contests. Other factors that helped us win games this season were the heat and possibly that big delay in the Tennessee game. It is also doubtful we beat the Bears had they known Osweiler would be the QB before Sunday morning.

This was a really bad team. Yet, it won 7 games. As Dolphins fans, we saw the head-scratching in-game decisions by the head coach. Other teams may not have seen those, but at some point, you have to credit the coach with game planning and design that aided a very bad team in winning 7 games.

3. Gase took the Dolphins to the playoffs once.

The roster in 2016 wasn't loaded with talent either. It was not as bad of a team as the 2018 squad, but it was not a great one.

4. Gase apparently did not get along with Ross.

This is media talk, so I take it with a grain of salt, but it is out there. It is also possibly Gase gets along with few people. But, this is not uncommon of a lot of great coaches in every sport. Perhaps other teams are willing to overlook this. Maybe the other team owners do not like Ross either and can understand why Gase does not. Who knows?

5. The bottom line here is that when you consider everything objectively, Gase has a pretty impressive resume.

It is important to remember that people who do not follow a team the way fans of that team do, are not always aware of everything a coach or player does in each game. I think Gase takes too much of a hit from Dolphins fans for his play calling too. The Colts game was a disaster, but overall he wasn't any better or worse than most coaches in that regard. The guy has a good resume and a ringing endorsement from Peyton Manning goes a long way in the NFL. Gase is very likely to get another HC job. There are not a lot of great candidates out there right now and unless we wind up with a gem, Ross may have hurt us with this move.

Some must feel Gase's run with the Dolphins could be equivalent to Belichick's run with the Cleveland Browns.

Sure is interesting to see a brand new poster who is a real hardcore Gase apologist appear out of nowhere three days after we fire the guy.

Sure is interesting to see a brand new poster who is a real hardcore Gase apologist appear out of nowhere three days after we fire the guy.

I could take him or leave him. Overall, being objective about it, I thought he did a pretty good job. I believe there is a chance we will wind up wishing we had kept Gase. Conversely, if we land a really good coach and have success in the coming years, moving on from Gase will turn out to be a good move, even if he finds success elsewhere.

There were things I did not like about Gase. Watching him play with his crayons on the bench while our defense gets gashed and his press conferences bothered me. I doubt I would enjoy his company. But, its tough to argue that he didn't win a lot more games than the talent on this roster should have allowed in 3 seasons, especially in 2018.

I find it interesting that out of everything I have posted so far, even in just that one post, the only thing you focused on was "Gase apologist."

Orange Fin

I so wanted Gase to be the guy. I thought the owner was going to give him more time. Continuity is something all good franchises have. No doubt Gase can coach. He was learning on the fly here, how to be an NFL coach. The experience will do him well at his next spot. His downfall here was personal moves and his arrogance. At the end of the day the results speak for themselves. The performance on the road in meaningful games to me was unacceptable. I'm ok win or losses if you compete and show up on game day. The last 3 weeks it showed, just as at the beginning of the year after a 3-0 start at NE. Sorry I have seen enough. Good luck Adam Gase it did not work out here.

Mr Ross you have shown loyalty to your FO & Coaches often too long to make the change needed. I am encouraged Mr Ross changed the structure of the team, it needed to be done. I know Grier is a football guy and has paid his dues. I tend to agree with Hyde why Grier and a clean new start? I recall the presser when Grier was made GM under Gase & Tbaum. He said, " The dysfunction with the MIAMI DOLPHINS ENDS NOW." Well it hasn't.

I am a Dolphin lifer. Mr Ross picked Grier. I had hoped for a clean head start. I liked Big O's guy , Alanzo Highsmith for our GM. We are rolling with Grier. I am all in for him to succeed. Of our potential coach's I got 1A Richard 1B Munchak. a swing at greatness or constancy ?

As I have said numerous times, before the season the Dolphins were pegged a 4 win team...we beat those odds...Yes Gase had to go because I think things turned toxic at the end...He managed to have a winning record in the division overall at 10-8...

Honestly can't think of what Gase does well as a head coach. He spends pretty much all of his time focused on the offense. This resulted in one of the worst offenses in the league. His choices for DC and other coaches on his staff turned out to be very poor. His team has been one of the most undisciplined in the league. His team has been dreadful on the road. His team looks unprepared in most games. His team almost never seems to play complimentary football. His best year was in 2016 and has gone downhill since then. Not sure why anyone would give him another head coaching job at this point. Probably would be best for him to go back to being an offensive coordinator to try to prove that he can at least be successful at that without a HOF QB.

Back
Top Bottom