Gase is tooling "his" offense | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is tooling "his" offense

Gase is molding this team into his vision. He is getting his players.

Nothing wrong with Gase's offense, IMO. It went through Landry because he was the most likely the hot read while the others were mid-range or deep. You don't get through your progressions when you have D-Linemen in your face in 2.6 seconds.

Last I checked he was still OC of the highest scoring offense of ALL TIME. 37.9 PPG.

That being said, still not sure we have the personnel to be top 10 if they don't fix the line. The only saving grace is what we saw over the second half of 2016 when they were top 11 in scoring. That's probably closer to what we will see this year (if Tannehill is healthy) compared to anything in 2017.

Run blocking is not good. Pass blocking is sufficient if all you are running is quick passing.

The only thing that is going to push us over the top is a seam threat TE and improved line. Of course the defense will be on the field all day long and we'll never get the ball at this point but....

Gase calls the bubble screen LESS than Brady runs it

Besides BOTH of the new slot guys will KNOW the right play and line up correctly.

Sure they will not block as well, but they won't be starting fights either

They will probably both run MUCH better deep routes as well.

Gase and his coaching staff are smitten with Derrius Guice. This could be a pretty darn good offense with Guice, Drake, the current group of receivers and a pass catching TE.
I think Gase wants to build the offense this offseason, so I think the draft will heavily favor offense. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go RB, OG, TE...in that order

We better not take a RB in the first, it is a deep class for RB's. I do agree it will be offense heavy (as should be). I would be drafting 1 LB early and then offense for the rest. This assumes we sign a veteran DT like Poe in FA, and don't sign Zach Brown.

Bubble screens work when the defense is afraid of the long ball. When they know Tannehill and Cutler will be doing 10 yard outs, there's no fear.
When Brees does jt, they must repsct that he can accurately hit the guy 40 yards down field. Bubble screens suck because the defense is already in position for the short passes.

I like most others would love to have Landry for the next 4 years, however it's clear he was not doing everything asked of him. Add in bonehead flags and cheap hits that ended another players opportunity to play the game and you end up not wanting to pay top dollar. Its obvious Gase wants smarter players who can do everything in the playbook. Hopefully the ball gets spread out a bit more.. we have 2 WRs in Wilson and Stills who give us vertical push out of the slot and you have Danny who can read coverage while running his route and always get to the open spot.. Tannhill will get comfortable with him very quick. Still need an answer at TE but I expect a lower draft pick to go there as well.

Don’t forget Grant

what's wrong with the HC wanting his players and his offense?

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom