Gase To Green Bay? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase To Green Bay?

I'd take a 2020 7th and run with it.

If Gase is their coach, at least that 7th will be at the top of the round.

Damn it's easy be a hater. Negative posts just roll right off the fingertips.

Actually my favorite Finheaven take on Gase (wish I could remember the poster) - Gase is either going to win a SuperBowl with us or someone else and I hope it's with us.

Pretty sure he's safe unless the Fins get blown

I like the imagery of Gase sitting on the bench by himself in Lambeau in a driving snowstorm with his laminated play sheet frozen to his hands. Wearing green & gold.

GB might offer a package for him. He does well with a HOF QB running his playbook. If they were able to keep Pettine too GB would be in great shape.

I think Case would do real good in GB. because of Rodger

That sounds about right. Gase is a guy who is going to leave here and find success elsewhere and then we’re all going to act like it’s this great huge mystery when the answer is right in front of our faces: Tannenbaum and Ross.

And we’ll end up with more Sparanos and Philbins because we’re a mess of an organization and won’t attract the top tier candidates.

That sounds about right. Gase is a guy who is going to leave here and find success elsewhere and then we’re all going to act like it’s this great huge mystery when the answer is right in front of our faces: Tannenbaum and Ross.

And we’ll end up with more Sparanos and Philbins because we’re a mess of an organization and won’t attract the top tier candidates.

That's possible. What makes you think he'll succeed elsewhere though?

That's possible. What makes you think he'll succeed elsewhere though?

Look at our record. This season has been a complete and utter disaster from start until now and we’re 6-6 and in playoff contention. This team shouldn’t be anywhere near playoff contention, but here we are. That was the case last year, too, when zombie Jay Cutler’s animated corpse had this team competitive into the last quarter of the season. There’s no reason that this roster should have a 6-6 record, but here we are.

That’s been the story of the Gase-led Miami Dolphins: over-performing. 2016 was a playoff team and shouldn’t have been. 2017 should have been a 3 win team and it wasn’t. And look at this season. Whatever else is going on with this team, it comes prepared to play and is very successful at home and in close games. That’s coaching.

We know Gase didn’t get the defensive coordinator he wanted. We know the front office scoffed at Bridgewater’s asking price. We know Ross lobbied to trade down instead of taking Minkah Fitzpatrick. And those are just the major things that leaked about this season. Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes. And that’s just this season.

It’s just my opinion, but put him on a team that gives him the resources any head coach should get, as well as the support of the front office to implement his vision as he sees it, and watch him thrive. I’ll just be sad when it’s with a team like Green Bay instead of us.

GB might offer a package for him. He does well with a HOF QB running his playbook. If they were able to keep Pettine too GB would be in great shape.

That's because those QBs know more than Gase. Gase would just be an "assistant" to the QB but it will be good for his reputation so another team like us may fall into that trap "young Belichick".

Look at our record. This season has been a complete and utter disaster from start until now and we’re 6-6 and in playoff contention. This team shouldn’t be anywhere near playoff contention, but here we are. That was the case last year, too, when zombie Jay Cutler’s animated corpse had this team competitive into the last quarter of the season. There’s no reason that this roster should have a 6-6 record, but here we are.

That’s been the story of the Gase-led Miami Dolphins: over-performing. 2016 was a playoff team and shouldn’t have been. 2017 should have been a 3 win team and it wasn’t. And look at this season. Whatever else is going on with this team, it comes prepared to play and is very successful at home and in close games. That’s coaching.

We know Gase didn’t get the defensive coordinator he wanted. We know the front office scoffed at Bridgewater’s asking price. We know Ross lobbied to trade down instead of taking Minkah Fitzpatrick. And those are just the major things that leaked about this season. Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes. And that’s just this season.

It’s just my opinion, but put him on a team that gives him the resources any head coach should get, as well as the support of the front office to implement his vision as he sees it, and watch him thrive. I’ll just be sad when it’s with a team like Green Bay instead of us.

We'll be saying Gase outperforms his roster for years because his decisions make it worse and worse. Also his entire lack of ability to develop young players and over-reliance on mediocre veterans on offense will hold the roster back for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom