Gase To Green Bay? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase To Green Bay?

I like Gase as a head coach. I would rather give him the opportunity to correct some of his mistakes (Tannehill and Burke) than let him go.

I'd like to see Gase with a quarterback who will impose himself. Tannehill simply isn't that guy. He doesn't think of himself as great so it never dawns on him that 38 or 42 points is possible. Now we're scoring on the opening drive but it doesn't matter because we stall into our typical complacency. Minus that muffed punt yesterday we likely have 7 points at halftime.

Scoring is up league wide but the Dolphins don't participate. Our high water mark in regulation is 28 points, versus the Raiders and Bears. We did end up with 31 counting overtime against Chicago. But it continues to be ridiculous that we never have offensive explosions. The 49ers have several of them despite a 2-10 record and a starting quarterback who was done for the year in preseason.

Arizona and Miami are the only teams in the league that have not scored 30+ points in regulation this season.

Not so sure about that, if you think he's peaked as a coach you're crazy. He really isn't working with any type of elite talent and still manages to win games regardless of the fashion. Give him Tannehill in 2017 and he has even more wins.
When you average like 200 yards of offense and 19 PPG or whatever it is it’s not a good look on the resume.

Look at our record. This season has been a complete and utter disaster from start until now and we’re 6-6 and in playoff contention. This team shouldn’t be anywhere near playoff contention, but here we are. That was the case last year, too, when zombie Jay Cutler’s animated corpse had this team competitive into the last quarter of the season. There’s no reason that this roster should have a 6-6 record, but here we are.

That’s been the story of the Gase-led Miami Dolphins: over-performing. 2016 was a playoff team and shouldn’t have been. 2017 should have been a 3 win team and it wasn’t. And look at this season. Whatever else is going on with this team, it comes prepared to play and is very successful at home and in close games. That’s coaching.

We know Gase didn’t get the defensive coordinator he wanted. We know the front office scoffed at Bridgewater’s asking price. We know Ross lobbied to trade down instead of taking Minkah Fitzpatrick. And those are just the major things that leaked about this season. Who knows what else is going on behind the scenes. And that’s just this season.

It’s just my opinion, but put him on a team that gives him the resources any head coach should get, as well as the support of the front office to implement his vision as he sees it, and watch him thrive. I’ll just be sad when it’s with a team like Green Bay instead of us.

The only way I see him thriving is if he gets humbled a bit after being fired and gives up play calling. His blunders there are inexcusable for any coach. He likely won't have the same power over personnel he has here (according to Armondo Salguero) which would also help. Even if that's the case, I can still see him failing somewhere else because he's very arrogant. If the OC calls a play Gase disagrees with, he might change it to a more conservative play. In his third year, he hasn't shown the ability to learn from his horrendous mistakes.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Gase with a quarterback who will impose himself. Tannehill simply isn't that guy. He doesn't think of himself as great so it never dawns on him that 38 or 42 points is possible. Now we're scoring on the opening drive but it doesn't matter because we stall into our typical complacency. Minus that muffed punt yesterday we likely have 7 points at halftime.

Scoring is up league wide but the Dolphins don't participate. Our high water mark in regulation is 28 points, versus the Raiders and Bears. We did end up with 31 counting overtime against Chicago. But it continues to be ridiculous that we never have offensive explosions. The 49ers have several of them despite a 2-10 record and a starting quarterback who was done for the year in preseason.

Arizona and Miami are the only teams in the league that have not scored 30+ points in regulation this season.

The Titans game had a punt return and the Raiders game had a gadget play. Tannehill is what he is at this point (a Publix brand version of Alex Smith) and the Dolphins should aspire for better at the most important position in Football.

The only way I see him thriving is if he gets humbled a bit after being fired and gives up play calling. His blunders there are inexcusable for any coach. He likely won't have the same power over personnel he has here (according to Armondo Salguero) which would also help. Even if that's the case, I can still see him failing somewhere else because he's very arrogant. If the OC calls a play Gase disagrees with, he might change it to a more conservative play. In his third year, he hasn't shown the ability to learn from his horrendous mistakes.

Which mistakes are you referring to? Not that I’m saying he hasn’t made any, everyone does, but I’m curious which ones are sticking out in your mind.

Back
Top Bottom