Gase vs. Shula... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase vs. Shula...

SmokyFin

Starter
Reaction score
...Mike Shula that is.

What did Gase ever accomplish in his career that made him more of a head coaching prospect than Mike Shula?

This game did not show Shula's brilliance, merely the complete failure that is the Miami Dolphins' defense.

Allowing an opposing passer rating > 120 gives a team almost no chance of winning. And they've been poor in that regard all year.

Mike Shula is well known as a Father figure to young players; has been for years, even before Cam Newton said it.

He will be an excellent head coach, and if he falls into the right situation, he may be a HC for decades. He has the makeup.

What his father said is very true. Good luck in football is having a good QB.

I think Cam Newton is an overrated buffoon. I am actually shocked they have done so well with him QBing. More credit to Shula.

Allowing an opposing passer rating > 120 gives a team almost no chance of winning. And they've been poor in that regard all year.

Excellent point. Basically all of your posts are excellent.

The difference in fortune between the two Miami teams this season can be isolated to pass defense. The Dolphins are horrid while the Canes are superb. The Canes are tied third nationally in yards per attempt allowed at 5.5, tied for third in interceptions at 16, and fourth in passer rating allowed:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category02/sort04.html

Reactions: <O>
Mike Shula is one of the finest men you will ever meet,but don't let the last name fool you,if you meet him you'll understand why
he is not head coaching material.
O.C. is it for him....If he somehow manages to get a headcoaching job(lord,don't let it be us) he'll go the
same way as his brother,David...

Well Shula had Burke completely off kilter for a good while.
agreed but my 13 year old could have game planned against our D. We are not good and when Carolina plays a real D with a real coaching staff they will revert to what they were. We make other teams feel good about themselves and make other teams players have career days.

It was about 75% our defensive players playing like ****, and 25% our defensive coordinator being out-coached, in my opinion.

Mike Shula is one of the finest men you will ever meet,but don't let the last name fool you,if you meet him you'll understand why
he is not head coaching material.
O.C. is it for him....If he somehow manages to get a headcoaching job(lord,don't let it be us) he'll go the
same way as his brother,David...

I hear what you're saying but does a coach really have to be a screamer or have a constant smirking, smart-ass attitude like our current coach in order to have a team's respect? Or to have success? Tony Dungy and Dick Vermeil are two good examples of coaches that didn't.

If you're good at your job and you treat people fairly and with respect then you can still be a success without being an overbearing asshole.

Back
Top Bottom