Gase: We Got Drummed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase: We Got Drummed

And don't forget, Gase actually called a quarterback sneak last night in a short yardage situation. Where the f has that been for the last four years?

I don't think that was called on account of how quickly it was run. I think they just told the QB that if it's 2nd or 3rd and a foot and the defense doesn't look like they're ready for it, just hike it and go.

Which is great. We should be doing that. Reminds me of 2013 when everyone was bitching at the coaches for not running QB sneaks on 3rd and 1 but instead calling stretch plays for Daniel Thomas. Mike Sherman got really huffy about it in an interview, but then a couple of weeks later he called a QB sneak in a short yardage situation, we converted it, and we never saw it again.

I'm panicked!

No run game.

Poor O-line AGAIN.

Awful Defense.

Looking down the pipeline of another top five position in the draft with a 4 and 12 record!

I HATE THIS!!!!!

This week will be a good test for Gase (its pre-season for him too you know.)

I want to see what kind of changes he makes and how the team responds for game 3.

Its not panic time yet guys.

I'm panicked!

No run game.

Poor O-line AGAIN.

Awful Defense.

Looking down the pipeline of another top five position in the draft with a 4 and 12 record!

I HATE THIS!!!!!

I was hopeful that we would be further along by this time; however, IMO I think the new CBA has put teams installing new systems at a huge disadvantage. There just isn't enough practice time to get all the bugs ironed out. I think we are on the right track with our coaching staff and as the season wears on we will start pulling it together. Next year, after most of the team will know what the heck they are doing I expect bigger and better things. As with everybody else, I hate losing too, but I am just gonna have to settle for steady progress (arrow pointing upward) because I got nothin else.

The OL and passing game took a big step forward. The D took a big step back. The LB's are very concerning, and Mike Thomas is a terrible option at Nickel CB. On Prescott's first TD run, he kept covering the receiver even after seeing Prescott run toward him, 5-10 yards beyond the LOS. IQA played better, at least. I wouldn't expect consistency from either unit early, but you hope it's two steps forward before the team takes a step back.

He's not a bum coach. This team has bums at important positions.

His iffense looks like it's gonna be good. Basing off route combos and moving the pocket to make easier throws on the qb. The D needs work and another offseason to build it. It's gonna be a fun year watching the offense.

If our running game stays this way I can guarantee you that the Offense will be hard to watch also. Lots of teams we are playing this year have top 10 defenses, so good luck with making something good with a one dimensional offense!

The OL and passing game took a big step forward. The D took a big step back. The LB's are very concerning, and Mike Thomas is a terrible option at Nickel CB. On Prescott's first TD run, he kept covering the receiver even after seeing Prescott run toward him, 5-10 yards beyond the LOS. IQA played better, at least. I wouldn't expect consistency from either unit early, but you hope it's two steps forward before the team takes a step back.

Offense took a big step foward against the 30th ranked defensive team of last year. Just saying. And half of it against 2nd teams!

He's not a bum coach. This team has bums at important positions.

His iffense looks like it's gonna be good. Basing off route combos and moving the pocket to make easier throws on the qb. The D needs work and another offseason to build it. It's gonna be a fun year watching the offense.

If our running game stays this way I can guarantee you that the Offense will be hard to watch also. Lots of teams we are playing this year have top 10 defenses, so good luck with making something good with a one dimensional offense!

Offense took a big step foward against the 30th ranked defensive team of last year. Just saying. And half of it against 2nd teams!

This is true. Still, relative to the performance we saw against the NYG, even taking into account Dallas' poor D, the offense looked MUCH better.

Jeff Fischer is apart of the system. He is the NFL, he's protected. Any other Joe Blow (Philbin, Cameron, Sparano, our interim Coach, etc.) does not.

Steelers org is cheap, so Tomlin will stick.

Years to me is defined as over 3 years.

Jeff Fisher had 6 playoff teams in Tennessee, including one that went to the Super Bowl. That kind of gives him a pass over "any other Joe Blow".

As for Mike Tomlin, he's only taken those Pittsburgh teams to the playoffs 6 times in his 9 years as a HC, including 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 Super Bowl win. Off that record, probably the only HC in the league who's better is Belichick. There are a few other HCs around the league who seem to keep their jobs despite repeatedly fielding losing teams, but Tomlin isn't one of them. :bobdole:

Yes, he looked like the guy in basketball who keeps defending the pass as the other man goes to the basket. With those kind of instincts I think I would get rid of him now. I don't think that's coachable.

Yes, he looked like the guy in basketball who keeps defending the pass as the other man goes to the basket. With those kind of instincts I think I would get rid of him now. I don't think that's coachable.

Wait! Don't we normally blame the coaches for everything? Players need to own up, and step up!

Unless Gase goes 1-15 two years in a row he will get his time. He's endorsed from everyone like Elway, to Manning, to Welker. Hall of famers. He's considered felxible and offensively sharp. His demeanor is a drastic difference from the last four coaches. He doesn't hesitate to criticize his own team without throwing them under the bus. If Gase is fired within three years it'll be considered as much as this franchises fault as Gase.

We're now going on nearly 33% of this franchises history being mediocre at best to bad. Something's gotta give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom