Gase's Future With the Team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Future With the Team

Will Gase be the Head Coach Two Years from Today?

• Total voters
Play Calling 2 years. Without play calling 17 years

A coach is given a free season if he loses his starting QB in the preseason. We could go 1-15 and he’d be here next year. Instead Miami is 4-4 and 1 game out of tied for the two wild card spots between Buffalo/Tennessee/Jacksonville.

It’s all perspective.

A coach is given a free season if he loses his starting QB in the preseason. We could go 1-15 and he’d be here next year. Instead Miami is 4-4 and 1 game out of tied for the two wild card spots between Buffalo/Tennessee/Jacksonville.

It’s all perspective.
That's why the poll is for two years down the road and not one. If he gets a pass for this season, what about when he has Tannehill back?

That's why the poll is for two years down the road and not one. If he gets a pass for this season, what about when he has Tannehill back?

Which is why I voted yes. Look in two years combined Gase has amassed a winning record with three different QBs and mutliple RBs. I very much expect him to have a great season next year with Tanne back. Tanne is smart. Gase embraces smart. That’s a big reason I think he embraces Cutler over Moore. Moore is a wild gunslinger. It doesn’t fit Gases approach.

In two years, is he still the head coach of the Fins?

It depends on what happens after this season. We look like a .500 football team and are playing like one this season, and that was pretty much the case when Tannehill got hurt.

When Tannehill is healthy, and we build on this roster with another draft class and free agency, we should be a better football team looking at a winning record and play off football. If we aren’t and we are stuck at .500 next year and the year after, maybe we make a change, but it doesn’t necessarily mean at the head coaches position. The Cowboys stuck with Garrett and the Panthers with Riveria, I suspect we’ll do the same and move on from Tannehill before Gase if we are stuck at .500.

Now if we post losing seasons this year and next, Gase’s chair will get warm, and a third losing season will be the axe.

We look worse than a .500 team in my opinion. We would be 3-5 if not for a gift in San Diego. We also only beat the Titans, Falcons and Jets by less than one score.

With all the knee jerk reactions on this board it shows the people who never wanted Gase as the coach from the start vs the ones who did. It’s year 2 for Gase I’d be all for the getting rid of him if this was the product in year 3 or 4, but to get rid of him after his 2nd year especially after his starting QB went down is just asinine imo.

Dan Quinn has a worse team with a better roster. He was the next superstar coach, now that’s McVay.

Pete Carrol’s Seahawks aren’t playing great.

Point is, good coaches sometimes don’t even get elite teams to play up to standard. If this team had better OL play and Tannehill they would easily be 5-3 maybe even 6-2.

Cutler and OL play are the reason this team is 4-4. Gase is making it work with a subpar roster.

It’s funny reading some responses. I actually voted NO because I think Gase will be destroyed by this team by then. Ownership may love him but it won’t be mutual in another two years. And spare me the whole “oh, you don’t give up one of the coveted 32 football jobs in America” stuff. Why go insane coaching a losing situation? I’m talking one of those Maronne situations in Buffalo. Just watch. Hell, Jimmy knew a loser too and left. Yes he was older but coaches don’t usually bail on winners, Bill Walsh not withstanding.

Hootie was right — the Dolphins make me cry.

If we miss the Playoffs next two years after this he will likely be gone. Just how it works.

He will still be here. I believe the reason why he will be here is S. Ross.

1. Ross is not an experienced football owner/fan/observer.
2. Ross will give Gase a pass on playoffs this year because he lost his starting QB, and under normal circumstances, this would be logical.

However there are issues that are ongoing, and as far as I can see, these have not been addressed.

1. For years this teams offensive line has been just plain bad, so, can someone explain to me, how is it that this has been ignored? This is the first thing Gase should have addressed as a coach, and yet, here we are again, two years later, looking at his third draft, and I am wondering if he truly understands or is willing to admit how bad they are. How many times did Tannehill, get hammered because of this Oline ?????

2. How bout them Linebackers, ugggggggh, are you kidding, if they weren't going to address the Oline, at least do something about the Linebackers.

It is my humble observation that S. Ross does not see these details, this is the only explanation I can find. I believe he is content to believe the coaches and front office when they tell him that the team is loosing because of "whatever" reason Du Jour and not reality. I do not trust Gase or The Front Office to be able to fix these issues, but, judging by S. Ross's past with this team, two years, very high probability.

The Ever Dealing With Probabilities VIPER

For many years to come, and when he finally has his QB playing an entire year without so many severe key players " out for the year" Injuries (I know, a miracle in itself) he will have Miami close to, if not in the SB.

He will still be here. I believe the reason why he will be here is S. Ross.

1. Ross is not an experienced football owner/fan/observer.
2. Ross will give Gase a pass on playoffs this year because he lost his starting QB, and under normal circumstances, this would be logical.

Ross will also give him a pass because for the 2nd straight year Miami is playing without key players, yet is in the playoff hunt.

However there are issues that are ongoing, and as far as I can see, these have not been addressed.

1. For years this teams offensive line has been just plain bad, so, can someone explain to me, how is it that this has been ignored? This is the first thing Gase should have addressed as a coach, and yet, here we are again, two years later, looking at his third draft, and I am wondering if he truly understands or is willing to admit how bad they are. How many times did Tannehill, get hammered because of this Oline ?????

The Dolphins this year tried to fix the line by bringing in Ted Larsen in FA, and getting from this years Draft and FA Isaac Asiata, and Jesse Davis, Also they moved Tunsil from Guard to Tackle. Fixing an O-line at times is not as easy as people think.

2. How bout them Linebackers, ugggggggh, are you kidding, if they weren't going to address the Oline, at least do something about the Linebackers.

the LB Position is fine with who we have right now starting, and next year we will be getting a very good players we drafted. The LB position is far from the probelm anymore.

It is my humble observation that S. Ross does not see these details, this is the only explanation I can find. I believe he is content to believe the coaches and front office when they tell him that the team is loosing because of "whatever" reason Du Jour and not reality. I do not trust Gase or The Front Office to be able to fix these issues, but, judging by S. Ross's past with this team, two years, very high probability.

The Ever Dealing With Probabilities VIPER

Ross is seeing a team that was able to grind out a lot of wins last year to reach the playoffs, and has again been to grind out plenty of wins...all because the team has been hit with big injuries. Once this team is able to stay somewhat healthy, this team could be special.

IMO, his future with the Fins is as bright as Belichick's would have been if Cleveland would have stayed the course!

Back
Top Bottom