Gase’s Schematic Ability. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase’s Schematic Ability.

Would just like to see more early scores from Gase. Hopefully the new additions will improve on first quarter scoring.
I think a lot of that was conservative play calling in the early stages of the game. Usually Gase liked to get the ball to Landry because he played with passion and got the team fired up. That’s a lack of on field leadership if you need to do that to get your offense engaged. Teams knew they were looking to Landry early and the offense sputtered until they got behind and were forced to open it up more. Same pattern nearly every game. Who knows what this year will bring!?

I have a feeling Landry’s numbers are about to drop through the floor.
Wouldn't it be something if Wilson's production ends up outperforming Landry's?

After all, the perspective of time has shown that it was Tannehill who got Hartline, Bess and Clay paid, does it not?

Last edited:
I agree with your opinion regarding Gases coaching strength schematically its the entire head coaching package that is a concern. Do we have a really good head coach or a really good offensive coordinator who happens to be the head coach.
We have both in one package. Ask AJ.

After all, the perspective of time has shown that it was Tannehill who got Hartline, Bess and Clay paid, does it not?

In all fairness. I would say Bess definitely performed before Tannehill got here.

I have a feeling Landry’s numbers are about to drop through the floor.
I've always felt as though Landry wasn't the type of player you should be trying to force feed the ball and run your offense through. He'd be best served and would make bigger plays being the 2nd or 3rd option with opposing defenses not being able to focus on him. 100+ catches with under 1,000 yards and no td's over 10 yards is hard to do... Idk for sure but I can't imagine that's ever happened before. The thing is... it didn't really work either. I think we can all agree Landry is a really good player, but I think our offense is really going to take off without him provided we ditch the 20+ passes per game within 5 yards of the LOS strategy.

I just realized out of Landry, Hartline, Bess and Clay.. 3 of the 4 ended up in Cleveland and 2 of them basically had zero career after.

Well, I'm totally fine that we moved on from Landry and I give lots of credit to Gase for getting Landry open but I also like to be fair. Landry still had to catch the passes and get in the end zone. I agree that our offense should be better from now on with more balance but Landry's gone so we should just let it go and focus on the players that we have now and root for them to do well.

Well, I'm totally fine that we moved on from Landry and I give lots of credit to Gase for getting Landry open but I also like to be fair. Landry still had to catch the passes and get in the end zone. I agree that our offense should be better from now on with more balance but Landry's gone so we should just let it go and focus on the players that we have now and root for them to do well.

Don't count on it. There are people still venting about Matt Ryan

I’m very curious to see if the WR screens will actually be successful with Wilson. That’s definitely one of his strengths.

I’m very curious to see if the WR screens will actually be successful with Wilson. That’s definitely one of his strengths.

Depends on if we ever get an OL that can actually execute them correctly. Stills and Parker blocking abilities are much to write home about either.

We still haven't seen Adam Gase's full offense. We saw a glimpse of what it could be in the second part of 2016 but even then they were still learning and implementing more into it week by week. Then they started over with Matt Moore in week 13.

Fast forward to 2017 and it still not the offense he wanted to run. He had to change it up from what Ryan Tannehill did well and morph it into what Cutler liked to run.

It's not just the play caller and QB that have to get in sync but also the OL, receivers and RB's. The receiver group was definitely more comfortable with 17. Parker averaged around 16 ypc with Tannehill ( & Moore for 3 games) and only 11.8 with Cutler. We all know Landry's ypc dropped hy 3.3. Stills has the lowest ypc of his career.

Most everyone should have a better grasp in 2018 but new receivers, Gesicki, Amendola and Wilson will need to get up to speed.

Back
Top Bottom