Gase's Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Team

I guess some people here feel that Gase should want players that are not "his guys".......every HC wants his kind of players. I'm not talking about players he had before in other teams but moving forward he should have the type of players he wants to have. The ones that will buy into his system instead of the ones that will free lance and not listen to the coaches.

Ozzy rules!!

Football is the ultimate team sport.

Spoiled brat primmadonnas are a cancer upon a healthy team and there can only be one man in charge, the coach. When a crybaby challenges the coach and refuses to do as she's been asked, it's time for her to go.

Tell that to the NY Giants.....lol

Beckham is probably the biggest spoiled brat primadonna in the league and the coach & his coaching staff (now fired) did nothing but make excuses and put up with his antics because of his talent & "marquee" name.....let's see what happens now that he's caught up in the latest embarassment to the team.....My guess? More excuse making and catering to that imbecile.

imo, Gase was right about Ajayi, he was very replaceable. I will wait and see on
Landry, a well balanced offense is harder to defend. That elusive seam-threat TE sure would be nice right about now.

Both were probowlers, both were elite at making defenders miss tackles. Both were young and just about to enter their prime. Landry set records for the franchise. He wasnt just a slot WR, he was the best of them. Now with the compensation we got on both trades I think is possible that we are finally set at punter, kicker and find a replace for long snapper! Look at the Browns and Landry having way more success than us the next three years. There is not a single player in the roster that can make the impact those two made on offense. Tanny will struggle big time when we retain the injury prone C and with no Landry, or a beast RB that the defense fear. Good think is we have money to pay an overated OL and a pair of acorns.

You do realize in 2016 when Ajayi made the Pro Bowl he only had 4 games of 100+ yards right? Those 200 yard games inflated his stats that year big time....and even with Philly he scored 1 rushing TD all year long...

Tell that to the NY Giants.....lol

Beckham is probably the biggest spoiled brat primadonna in the league and the coach & his coaching staff (now fired) did nothing but make excuses and put up with his antics because of his talent & "marquee" name.....let's see what happens now that he's caught up in the latest embarassment to the team.....My guess? More excuse making and catering to that imbecile.

Trust me, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Tannehill is a fine QB in the middle of his career. You don't move up in the draft to replace that, unless you are an idiot.

If the Phins do that, I will come around to the "management is stupid" option.

This movie has played before with Tannenbaum

Darrelle Revis ( acquired for 2007 1st, 2nd and 5th rd picks)
Mark Sanchez (acquired for 2009 1st and 2nd rd picks and players Kenyon Coleman, Abram Elam, Brett Ratliff)
Shonn Greene (acquired for 2009 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th rd picks)

Don't be surprised if a desperate "Trader Mike" goes off the deep end

The QB is where he now has to put his stamp. Either he is sold on Tannehill and he will roll with him, perhaps getting an extension done or he isn't and he is going to do whatever to move up to get whichever QB he thinks is the best fit for him. He will sink or swim with this QB decision.

I think you gotta cheat first. Set up the cheating cultural and then it’s easier to coach those kind of players. They see the winning and they’ll trust the coach. Patriot way is proven, Miami way is well Miami doesn’t know their way.

Fixed

Bingo. Gase won me over in 2016 after that horrid start but now I don’t know anymore. His approach to dealing with alpha personalities is beginning to resemble Philbin’s. Getting very concerned.
There's a big difference between being an "alpha" and not doing the work off the field, learning the playbook, etc.

Yeah, definitely some exciting moves by Gase. A new offensive coordinator who doesn’t call plays. A new offensive line coach to replace the temporary offensive line coach who replaced the cokehead. And tinkering around the edges on defense, but not replacing the real problem in Matt Burke. You’re right. Things are going to change in 2018. I can feel it.
You said players were being blamed, with no coaches were being accountable. He changes coaches, but its not the coaches you wanted changed. Your point takes a big hit there, especially with the back pedal on "tinkering around the edges" nonsense. D line and secondary coaches are now considered this? Your original intended point falls flat.

You said players were being blamed, with no coaches were being accountable. He changes coaches, but its not the coaches you wanted changed. Your point takes a big hit there, especially with the back pedal on "tinkering around the edges" nonsense. D line and secondary coaches are now considered this? Your original intended point falls flat.

According to you. Gase calls the plays. You’re going to tell me that replacing Christensen with Loggains means coaches were held accountable? Or a new offensive line coach who replaced a cokehead means the offensive line coach was held accountable?

Your point falls flat, buddy.

Bingo. Gase won me over in 2016 after that horrid start but now I don’t know anymore. His approach to dealing with alpha personalities is beginning to resemble Philbin’s. Getting very concerned.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'alpha personalities'. Do you mean players that lead by example, take and handle criticism, study tape and the playbook, lead in the locker room; players who demands adjustments by the other team; players who have good stats;?

The info from trusted FH sources (over in VIP) suggest Landry was strictly the third kind of alpha. That's not to say having good stats, which suggests good play is a bad thing. But then the question becomes at what price? That's both the contract AND locker room costs.

So tired of rebuilding and the blame the game each coach since Shula has used. They continue using the excuse we can't win now cause the prior offensive or defensive schemes were bad or the players sucked. Just coach the da×= players you have and win the darn game. Thats your job, the churning the roster every time is BS. I really thought we might finally be past junk that after Gases first year as a winning coach. The moves these past year tell me he is just another coach whose ego a little to big. Back to the point though glad that Gase has all his players and coaches now that he chose so there will be no more excuses. He either must win or hit the road like the zillion of coaches we have had since Shula.

Well, Gase is now mostly surrounded by “his” players and coaches. This will be a pivotal year as to whether he can bring everything together and make it work.

I really do hope that it works out, and it’s not more of the same crap we saw last year. One particular area that I hope that we see significant improvement in is the penalties.

Back
Top Bottom