Gase's Team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Feverdream, Mar 10, 2018.

1. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

he says he learned from his experience but I have doubts

2. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

You can’t be serious with this comparison. First of all, Belichick was one of the best defensive coordinators in NFL history with the Giants. You may note that Parcells never won a ring without him. In additon, he led the Browns to their last playoff win in 1994.

As far as the Brady issue....he’s the one who drafted Tom Brady. Did Adam Gase draft Peyton Manning?

Laughable.

Dolphins81 likes this.
  3. Laser13

Laser13 Well-Known Member

Just as your’re free to leave, and of course not read any of my responses, questions, or feedback - you know, since there’s “too many experts all in one place for your liking.” If you’re above such puerility, it seems an odd choice to embroil yourself in it directly.

I’ve most likely been a fan of the Miami Dolphins longer than you have been alive on Planet Earth. Besides the fact that I have never deemed myself an expert of remotely anything, you’re simply tossing ad hominem passive aggressive snark for reasons unbeknownst to anyone but yourself.

BobDole and ForksPhin like this.
  4. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Sure Laser13 have at it. You have practically the entire board at your disposal that share your "i know better than the people that do this everyday" mentality.

5. ANUFan

Okay..

6. Laser13

Laser13 Well-Known Member

Have at what, exactly? Discussing the recent news and developments surrounding the Miami Dolphins? Hmm, ok.

It seems a suitable site and pertinent place for that kind of discussion.

I’m tickled pink to have your blessing.

BobDole, superphin and ForksPhin like this.
  7. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

2016!

andyahs likes this.
  8. ANUFan

Go forth my son!

9. 72 silky

72 silky Well-Known Member

replacing a qb with zero playoff wins, who’s getting older and coming off 2 knee injuries at the most important position in the game is not the move of a idiot

Yessir likes this.
  10. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

This is fair and I can’t disagree with you. We really won’t know for a year or two - I have an issue w the team letting the contract situation get to this point. As for LM and OV and RM etc - I agree w you and didn’t really mind seeing them go as OV was way too expensive, Miller was good not great and RM was solid - I was more mad it took us so long to find out he could play and by the time we did - bang - he was done. I do think Jarvis has a special quality about him / a quickness of mind and body that allow him to beat others to the spot even though he’s not the fastest guy out there. Intangibles. He can be an immature jerk and there have been many game threads where I’ve cursed him for hurting the team w a 15 yard post whistle job. I believe this stuff hurt his perceived worth. Who knows what might have been had we a veteran WR w great professionalism in that locker room w him. Oh well. I am looking forward to seeing what Grant and Carroo can do. I’ve given up on Parker so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he becomes more physical of a player.

fin415 likes this.
  11. pacresjt

pacresjt Well-Known Member

Well I think Gase thought he was going to get a heck of a lot more from the running game and Ajayi laid an egg. I remember just screaming at the TV wondering why Ajayi didnt follow the holes that were there for 2-3 yards. I think he thought Parker’s touches would result in TD not touch off his hands into the opposing teams hands. Then we forced the ball to Landry for those 112 catches with too many negative plays, he couldn’t make a tackler miss. He ranked dead last in YAC average last year. I dont think Gase imagined every player who was supposed to contribute would do so bad. It was a horrible season to watch. If the team played like they did the end of 16, Cutler was who he felt comfortable with. He worked with him before and felt he could hold it down. A mistake we are going to pay 10 mil for against this years cap. With that all said, The so called playmakers didn’t help this team at all, I’ll say Gase let his inexperience show by allowing Ajayi and Landry run the show and trying to please them, a mistake he can not afford to make ever again.

Ray R and fin415 like this.
  12. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

But we looked very different w good QB play in 2016. We seem to be basing a lot of our moves on what we looked like w a mummy at QB. Had Tannehill not gotten hurt I bet Ajai has more room to run and Landry’s YPC are more like they were the year prior. It’s as if Gase believes Cutler played well and didn’t drag everyone down. Which I believe he did - including the defense who were on the field 3 and out after 3 and out the likes of which were astounding.

13. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

14. Albert Romano

15. Albert Romano

16. Albert Romano

17. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

You realize that you did pretty much the exact same thing to him, right?

18. The Goat

Yep.

It seems that everyone has gone all-in with Gase on the good ship Miami Dolphins.

If he was smart (which I think he is), he would have prefaced his plan with "A culture change does not produce results in one season."

19. The Goat

It's funny, but the feeling I get on this is oddly reminiscent of what I thought about Philly in 2014-2015, when Chip Kelly completely retooled the Eagles in his vision, and ran that crazy offense that just didn't work in the NFL. When he started doing all that craziness, I thought, "You know what? He'd better be ******* right." He wasn't, and now he's somewhere else.

The two main differences here are:

1) Chip Kelly won out in a huge power struggle, creating a toxic atmosphere that left when he did. I don't see that in Miami.

2) Chip Kelly simply refused to learn from his (many) mistakes. Gase has shown SOME signs that he can do that.

20. SCOTTY

SCOTTY A True Fan

I have been saying Gase is Chip 2.0 and am sticking by it. Gase is completely lost as H.C. and demanding all bend to him instead of maximising players abilities. I 100% disagree that Gase shows any signs of learning from his mistakes. He openly admits to not knowing where issues lay and how to correct them. His play calling is more predictable and worse than a Pop Warner coach. Blindly standing by T-hill at qb will be his ultimate downfall.

Dolphins81 likes this.
  21. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn’t realize that he took the Browns to the playoffs.