Gaskin on playbook | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gaskin on playbook

Boys, they're instituting the wishbone, bringing a whole new dimension to the Miami Dolphins offense.

It's gonna be phenomenal, I tell yas!
Great, however it won’t work unless the players can execute it. Dropping Grant like a bad habit is a good start. I’m gonna guess they keep Wilson for speed and depth. It’ll be fun to watch the plays that are built for our QB and playmakers

What type of offense would you guys like to see?
Honestly, one that can transform and adjust itself week to week, or even half to half, taking advantage of opponent's weaknesses and mismatches.

I think getting stuck in a "one way fits all" mindset is a mistake.

If I had to choose one "type"/"concept" as a base starting point, I guess something along the lines of a WC/EP hybrid (think Sean Payton).

Not sure if that's what you were going for with the question. That's how I read it.

People called me a hater last year because I kept bringing up that Tua was rehabbing that hip. I believe it robbed him of some much-needed velocity on his throws and contributed to his fear of throwing intermediate passes for improved YPA and longer drives. This year I think we see a fit and prepared Tua. Assuming this new playbook means more RPO action for a healthy Tua, that can only be a good thing.

Let's give Tua a Mulligan on last year's play. This year I think we see a much more productive QB, and we're gonna like it! Given this embarrassment of riches along the OL/WR/TE ... we'd better see it.
I was all for letting him sit and observe for the whole season last year.

What type of offense would you guys like to see?
Zone RPO. Speed out concepts for waddle/fuller when off coverage is played. Tua is best here due to his footwork and quick trigger

Deep crossers from waddle and fuller. If they are gonna keep safeties back to stop being beat over the top, use their speed to cross right in front of the safeties faces.

This is not an entire offense of course, but these are key concepts we need to utilize to get the most of what our speed is going gift us w/.

Im not sure if our oline suggest zone scheme, but tua is best when handling an RPO playbook that allow him to attack the gaps he sees in the defense. RPO is repetitive however that’s why it’s deadly and tuas ability to master it is why I liked him so much as a prospect. We now have weapons to help tua attack what he sees.

RPO and play action progression read offense really. Use waddle/fuller to stress the safeties

Honestly, one that can transform and adjust itself week to week, or even half to half, taking advantage of opponent's weaknesses and mismatches.

I think getting stuck in a "one way fits all" mindset is a mistake.

If I had to choose one "type"/"concept" as a base starting point, I guess something along the lines of a WC/EP hybrid (think Sean Payton).

Not sure if that's what you were going for with the question. That's how I read it.
No thats exactly what I was going for... I really welcomed the message brought by the thread but its so vague that it might not stick. But I also think there's a good discussion to be had about this. Xs and Os definitely arent my strenght so was curious to know about everyone's idea on this...

As for what I think, it's mostly frequency driven so hoping for a couple of guys to anwser so I can get a couple ideas...

I'll tell you this, Im intrigued in a RPO heavy in 1st and 10 situations with Waddle, Parker and Fuller on the field... There's a shitload of meat on that bone.

No thats exactly what I was going for... I really welcomed the message brought by the thread but its so vague that it might not stick. But I also think there's a good discussion to be had about this. Xs and Os definitely arent my strenght so was curious to know about everyone's idea on this...

As for what I think, it's mostly frequency driven so hoping for a couple of guys to anwser so I can get a couple ideas...

I'll tell you this, Im intrigued in a RPO heavy in 1st and 10 situations with Waddle, Parker and Fuller on the field... There's a ****load of meat on that bone.
Your forgetting Wilson as well, YAC has always been a strength of his. To me the top 6 is Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Wilson, Williams, Bowden. I envision of lot of 1 2 personnel with Wilson and waddle in the slot and a lot of rotation in the receiver room. Parker is the one who may go off this year if healthy. He will be set up for a lot of single coverage and that man can high point the football.

Your forgetting Wilson as well, YAC has always been a strength of his. To me the top 6 is Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Wilson, Williams, Bowden. I envision of lot of 1 2 personnel with Wilson and waddle in the slot and a lot of rotation in the receiver room. Parker is the one who may go off this year if healthy. He will be set up for a lot of single coverage and that man can high point the football.
Im not forgetting Wilson trust me... One of my favorite guy on the roster... Wouldnt be surprised to see him lining up in the backfield some this year... Just a hunch...

Im not forgetting Wilson trust me... One of my favorite guy on the roster... Wouldnt be surprised to see him lining up in the backfield some this year... Just a hunch...
Someone has to, I refuse to Malcolm brown as the reason we didn’t bring in a back lol

I'll tell you this, Im intrigued in a RPO heavy in 1st and 10 situations with Waddle, Parker and Fuller on the field... There's a ****load of meat on that bone.
Well, i would hope the playbook would be different. Last year our lack of speed is one thing that I think really restricted what we could do.

That has been well addressed with Fuller and Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom