********** gator football *********** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Not surprised at all by that game. Went exactly as I figured it would. Treon 4 Heisman

Muschamp shouldn't be allowed to touch an offense. He's lost on that side of the ball. They haven't been able to coach up the talent either. That's why guys like Brissett transfer out and thrive

Driskel too. His numbers at LaTech have been unrecognizable for the player you saw when he was here. Now part of that is that he's playing in a soft conference, but the other part is that he's probably getting some actual coaching for the first time in his collegiate career.

It's just amazing. We had multiple NFL draft picks on our line last year and we still had one of the worst offenses in the FBS. QBs who were lost, DEs playing TE, and everything else. The lack of depth you see on this team now is the finished product of a full graduation cycle (4 years) of Will Muschamp recruiting. It's not all that different from being on probation/NCAA sanctions.

Enjoy it South Carolina! He's your problem now.

Good game guys...your D is every bit as good ours..Gator future is bright with coach Mac...hey, Lets do this game again next year!!!

Tough, hard-hitting game. Just the way I like it. In a couple years when our offense can score again it'll be just like they used to be.

Go kick their asses in January.

Yeah it was looking less and less like he'd pick us down the stretch so that softened the blow a bit. But yesterday wasn't a total loss. We picked up the top kicker recruit Pineiro so that hopefully solves one gaping hole on this roster. I watched Franks in the 5A state championship game online. He looked pretty good even though they lost, but I was more impressed with the WR Gavin who got hurt in the 4th quarter with what looked like a shoulder or a collarbone. He was a stud. Hope we land him too.

Grier is now officially not transferring so we'll have him, Franks and Luke Del Rio all ready to go in the spring. I've heard a lot about the staff being high on LDR and not being happy when the NCAA wouldn't grant him an eligibility waiver before this season. My money is on him to start at least the first 6 games next year. If he plays well enough the job is his for good. Franks I'm guessing will redshirt and be an emergency-only option unless he just lights it up in the spring and summer. Treon may as well either change positions or transfer.

Grier transferring now. QB situation at Florida always interesting

Well I guess that's that. Barring an unexpected grad transfer, LDR is next year's starter by default. I also think this kills any chance Franks had at redshirting. May as well give him all the backup reps and let him play whenever possible. Give that redshirt to Trask who is probably the furthest away from being ready to play. Treon still needs to either change positions or transfer.

Interesting that Grier is transferring. Leaving a team that is trending back to the top seems odd considering he would be the starter come November heading into the post season. Wonder if the year of ineligibility starts halfway through 2016 meaning he sits 2 years total?

I heard a rumor that Grier decided to transfer because he feels the administration threw him under the bus. any truth to that?

McCallister dismissed. **** man.

It looked like he was gonna enter the draft anyhow. He needed another year to refine his game though. One trick pony at this point. Wonder what he did to get the boot

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I heard a rumor that Grier decided to transfer because he feels the administration threw him under the bus. any truth to that?

I haven't heard anything like that but who knows. What a waste

The early word is that Grier didn't feel like he was a part of the coaching staff's plans for next season. Can't say I don't believe that. Hard to fit into anyone's plans when you can't play for the first half of next season. Of course now he can't play for another season and a half because the suspension carries over once he's sat out a year for transferring.

There's also rumors that he may not have been entirely truthful about the circumstances leading up to his suspension. We may never know whether or not those are true because there's HIPPA issues there. But at this point it doesn't even matter. He's gone and it's his own damn fault.

This spring should be really interesting. Like I said, it's Del Rio's job by default now. Treon has no future here at QB and it sounds like he has no interest in changing positions so he may as well follow Grier out the door as soon as the Citrus Bowl is over.

Welp, if the word on the street now about Grier is true, then it explains a lot. I won't say what it is just yet, but you can probably find it if you want. It actually makes a lot more sense when compared with the official story and I would expect Austin Hardin to be gone soon too. Not that any tears would be shed over that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor and Robinson leaving.

Taylor is somewhat of a surprise as his dad was a firm believer in the educational aspect of everything and stayed all for years when he played for us, but I also understand it with Cronkrite and Scarlett already being good enough to take carries away from him. He really didn't like having split carries with two other guys. I have no worries about that position for next season so long as we can find some linemen who can actually run block.

Robinson is no surprise at all. He has had one foot out the door since he showed up on campus. A small loss for sure, but Callaway may very well be the next great UF WR. Maybe now Ahmad Fulwood can finally justify his recruiting ranking with him gone.

Now we're just waiting on Maye and Neal. Really hoping we can get one or both of them to stay. Losing both guys along VH3 would really hurt our secondary.

Taylor and Robinson leaving.

Taylor is somewhat of a surprise as his dad was a firm believer in the educational aspect of everything and stayed all for years when he played for us, but I also understand it with Cronkrite and Scarlett already being good enough to take carries away from him. He really didn't like having split carries with two other guys. I have no worries about that position for next season so long as we can find some linemen who can actually run block.

Robinson is no surprise at all. He has had one foot out the door since he showed up on campus. A small loss for sure, but Callaway may very well be the next great UF WR. Maybe now Ahmad Fulwood can finally justify his recruiting ranking with him gone.

Now we're just waiting on Maye and Neal. Really hoping we can get one or both of them to stay. Losing both guys along VH3 would really hurt our secondary.

Shoot me a pm with the word on the street. Haven't heard anything.

Not surprised about taylor. He probably realizes there are a lot of guys who are capable and waiting in the wings. Not gonna help his draft stock if he stays and gets killed behind our oline again. I think the oline will be better but he has no reason to think that after the last 3 years. He's a lot better than his #s indicate, and I think his best is yet to come.

With you on robinson. Next man up.

I have a feeling Maye and Neal will enter. Don't think either would do themselves a favor by staying. We have excellent depth there so we'll live.

This draft class is getting crazy with more to come. Mac wants his guys in and I see a ludicrous amount of freshman on the roster this season

Shoot me a pm with the word on the street. Haven't heard anything.

Not surprised about taylor. He probably realizes there are a lot of guys who are capable and waiting in the wings. Not gonna help his draft stock if he stays and gets killed behind our oline again. I think the oline will be better but he has no reason to think that after the last 3 years. He's a lot better than his #s indicate, and I think his best is yet to come.

With you on robinson. Next man up.

I have a feeling Maye and Neal will enter. Don't think either would do themselves a favor by staying. We have excellent depth there so we'll live.

This draft class is getting crazy with more to come. Mac wants his guys in and I see a ludicrous amount of freshman on the roster this season

Your inbox is full.

Back
Top Bottom