********** gator football *********** | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Auburn game is a sellout and was just announced as a 3:30 ET CBS game so now I have a 4 hour game to look forward to when I get down there. Their defense looks pretty nasty, so it could be a tough say for us if we still can't run the ball by then.

Go Gators!

Good Luck

Again, the goal against an opponent like this is to get an easy win with no injuries, so today is a success.

Trask was rock solid again today. Defense was a little concerning, particularly on 3rd downs, but considering that every starter with so much as a minor injury sat out today, probably not a huge deal. Henderson, Zuniga, Miller, and Davis all didn't play. Probably just keeping everyone safe for next week. I didn't watch much of the 4th quarter. Carolina-Clemson was more interesting.

Next week starts the gauntlet.

Go Gators!

Again, the goal against an opponent like this is to get an easy win with no injuries, so today is a success.

Trask was rock solid again today. Defense was a little concerning, particularly on 3rd downs, but considering that every starter with so much as a minor injury sat out today, probably not a huge deal. Henderson, Zuniga, Miller, and Davis all didn't play. Probably just keeping everyone safe for next week. I didn't watch much of the 4th quarter. Carolina-Clemson was more interesting.

Next week starts the gauntlet.

Go Gators!
Auburn then LSU. It’s going to be a rough couple of weekends, hoping they come out of it unscathed. Who am I kidding? :lol:

Haven't contributed to this thread like I should but CO has me covered. I mirror everything he says except Perrine ... who has impressively bad vision for a RB. Sure, the line hasn't run blocked well but there are holes ... and there's Perrine running to contact and going down without a fight. They haven't made it easy for him but something is off there this season.

I am also guilty of skipping a lot of this game for Clemson-UNC ... holy **** that team is beatable.

Pierce needs more time toting that rock and plowing defenders. Perrine looks like a different (but not in a good way) player than last year.

Big win crocs. Huge win.

The game and environment was just a little much for the true freshman.

Thing is you’re ****ing up our SOS :lol:

Hope the Gators bring the same effort against that sleezebag Kirby so we can make the SEC championship the way it’s supposed to be - Bama vs Florida.

Big win crocs. Huge win.

Hope the Gators bring the same effort against that sleezebag Kirby so we can make the SEC championship the way it’s supposed to be - Bama vs Florida.

Hell yes. :hclap:

tenor.gif

Big win crocs. Huge win.

Loudest stadium I've ever been in, particularly on both long TDs by Swain and Perine. Felt so good for Perine ripping that off after the season he's had thus far. One thing I saw that I didn't see mentioned anywhere else, after both teams ran out onto the field, a couple players from both teams started jawing at each other in the end zone and crept towards each other and the coaches had to step in and get everyone separated.

Don't think we'll see a defensive front that good again this season. Trask has to get rid of the ball sooner. Can't keep giving it up like that. All of Auburn's points came from various ****-ups in our own end. When Trask went down, I was resigned to him being lost for the season. Glad he's ok. Jones was impressive for both of his series though. Looked very comfortable running the offense and got us a FG. WRs remain the strength of the offense and Pitts has evolved into a monster. I would agree that Pierce may need more carries, but I don't think he'll be able to go tomorrow. Got his bell rung pretty good on that hit and didn't come back into the game.

This defense is one hell of a unit. Zuniga didn't even play and they still got after Nix. Should have him back tomorrow. Reese is a tackling machine and Greenard may be the best transfer we've had since Ryan Smith. Secondary is lights out right now. Marco is finally back to where we expected him to be and Shawn Davis has developed into an outstanding safety.

Kinda playing with house money against LSU since they're in the West and it looks like the whole season might come down to the Georgia game. Still really want to win this one though.

Go Gators

Still hurts even though we were playing with house money, especially with UGA laying an egg at home today.

Losing Zuniga and Greenard eliminated any semblance of a pass rush and made it really hard on our secondary to do anything against that high-powered offense. Blitzes did nothing. Really got manhandled up front and bad tackling was back for this one. LSU ran 48 plays and I think only punted twice and still scored 42.

As usual, couldn't run inside worth a damn. Even with that, the offense had an amazingly productive game. Long drives all night. Trask had a solid performance and looked incredibly poised in the pocket. His internal clock was better this week than last week with all the strip sacks. Our WRs continue to be the strength of the offense. I like that the snaps Jones gets are getting more productive too. Mullen made Leak and Tebow work and it looks like we're seeing something similar. Play-calling on the goal line throughout the game got way too cute though, but when your line is this bad at run blocking, it gets really hard to get that last yard.

LSU's offense is legit, but their secondary is a bit soft. Tua has to be salivating watching them on tape. That game on 11/9 will be a track meet.

One thing about the officiating. On the INT in the end zone that proved to be the back-breaker, Tyrie Cleveland had beaten his man and was blatantly held as he tried to get away. Ref either didn't see it or didn't care. Didn't show it on TV either.

Halftime adjustments were really the difference here. LSU really got after us and got some stops in the second half and we just didn't.

Every goal for this season is still achievable at this point. Have to rebound and get a road win against a SC team that's riding pretty high right even though they're down to their 3rd QB now.

Cross-division games are all over and they have to win these division games to get to Atlanta. Some might want a rematch with LSU there, but playing anyone other than Alabama there would just be wrong.

Go Gators

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom