********** gator football *********** | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Mullen will not be at Florida for long. Spurrier and Urban took Florida to an elite level. They are back where they have historically been, looking up at Georgia. He will get fired because he doesn’t recruit like Urban Or Spurrier.

Apparently he doesn't recruit at all until the season is over. That ain't gonna get it in any Power 5 conference - much less the SEC. Recruiting is over once the season is over. Early signing day is December 15th. 🤣

Stricklin and Mullen have a relationship that goes back to Mississippi St., but if I was Stricklin I'd let him go and make a play for Lane Kiffin. He'll go.

It's headed nowhere fast with Dan Mullen. You can't survive those comments in big time college football.

Mullen is a good coach for a team ranked in the 15-30 spots but he just isn’t good enough to go against the big boys year after year. The big money and fans at Florida expect to contend for the SEC title and the National Championship every year and I just don’t see them doing that with Mullen as their HC.

Mullen is a good coach for a team ranked in the 15-30 spots but he just isn’t good enough to go against the big boys year after year. The big money and fans at Florida expect to contend for the SEC title and the National Championship every year and I just don’t see them doing that with Mullen as their HC.

He's a good enough coach, he's just not a good enough recruiter.

He doesn't prioritize it to the extent that it must be in order to compete for championships. Mullen is excellent at developing players - one of the best there is. He had Mississippi St. ranked #1 in the country at one point.
You just can't acquire the depth needed to sustain a season long run if you're not recruiting at an elite level.

Mullen is probably a better fit for the NFL if he's too lazy to recruit. But he can coach. There's no doubt about his ability to coach. Although he's not disciplined enough himself, and it trickles down to his team (shoe throw vs LSU last year with a spot in the playoffs on the line, fight against Vanderbilt, etc.)

He's a good enough coach, he's just not a good enough recruiter.

He doesn't prioritize it to the extent that it must be in order to compete for championships. Mullen is excellent at developing players - one of the best there is. He had Mississippi St. ranked #1 in the country at one point.
You just can't acquire the depth needed to sustain a season long run if you're not recruiting at an elite level.

Mullen is probably a better fit for the NFL if he's too lazy to recruit. But he can coach. There's no doubt about his ability to coach. Although he's not disciplined enough himself, and it trickles down to his team (shoe throw vs LSU last year with a spot in the playoffs on the line, fight against Vanderbilt, etc.)
In college, recruiting is just as important if not more important than coaching. Saban is an excellent college head coach but he is also an excellent recruiter. If he wasn’t getting the top recruits year after year, Alabama wouldn’t be a top ranked team all the time, no matter how great a coach he is.

As a Miami fan, I hope Florida signs Mullen to a 10 year contract. I lost respect for Florida football years ago when they dropped UM from their schedule once UM started winning. They never had a problem playing the Hurricanes every year when the Hurricanes sucked prior to the early 1980’s.

Has Mullen lost the locker room?

Gators coach Dan Mullen said afterward that his roster had been depleted during the week because of the flu, noting that anywhere between 20 to 30 players missed practice. He said quarterback Emory Jones tested positive for the flu Saturday morning, and the Gators had several players not make it off the team bus to play because they felt sick.

The Gators giving up 52 points to Samford is ridiculous. It appears the defensive players have already given up on this season.
I wonder what Mullen will use for an excuse this week.

Mullen shouldn't be allowed to assemble his own staff, apparently. Maybe they'll take a chapter from the fins and promote someone to co-head coach so they can hire coaches and recruit during the season.

I like him but I doubt he survives this season. Teams were just too undisciplined. Time to start looking around at options for his replacement.

Mullen got fired. Pretty disappointing tenure as coach. I'd take Kiffin even knowing that will eventually end badly. Not even sure who the options are tbh. Came sooner than I thought.

As I said, he wasn’t surviving the comments he made about recruiting.

I’d make Spurrier’s old DC Bob Stoops turn me down first.

Then decide between Kiffin, Billy Napier, Dave Aranda.

Back
Top Bottom