********** gator football *********** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Holy **** we looked sluggish, but a win is a win. Would have reeeeally sucked to lose on the night they named the field after Spurrier and let him do Mr. Two Bits. Will always remember when we did that to FSU in 2004 with Bowden. Still, I'm tired of struggling in these games. Gotta say though, I was impressed with UMass. Mark Whipple seems to really know how to gameplan around a roster that has limited talent.

Offensive line still needs some work. Del Rio looked good at some times and like a guy starting his first game at others. No turnovers is always a plus. LOVE our running backs though. Tough, hard-nosed SOBs. Scarlett may need to get most of the carries. If Thompson can learn how to hang on to the football he can get more carries and be a solid player. But yeah, this offense is nothing without Callaway. I like Powell a lot, but he's not the playmaker Callaway is. I hope this was just a really vanilla gameplan and we were trying not to show much. If not, we could be in trouble. Lots of dink and dunk stuff, dropped balls, and bad protection. Yes, I realize there was a lot of innuendo in that last sentence. We get Lewis and hopefully Worton back next week.

Defense looked pretty good on the whole. Some stupid plays though. Lot of penalties. But the pass rush was good for the most part. We clearly missed Tabor though. They picked on his replacement for some long pass plays. Glad we'll have him back next week too. But if Anzalone can finally stay healthy, he and Davis could be scary inside.

Massey and Dawson got hurt. Heard Dawson had x-rays done. Really hope it isn't serious.

Also, how great is it to have a kicker who doesn't suck ass?

All-in-all though, just happy we didn't screw the pooch. SEC really took it on the chin this weekend. Bring on Kentucky (who just lost to Southern Miss). Going for 30.

Seems we were typing at the same time. :lol:

Forgot about piniero. It's great having a good kicker again, but listening to the stadium cheer his name shouldn't happen. It's a kicker.

Kentucky blew that lead? Thats not great for us. They have enough talent to beat us if we come out like that again on offense.

Praying to the gawd of skinny punks the Dawson injury isn't serious. We have the depth to survive a loss like that, but it doesn't help anything. I was worried about injuries with how reckless they were out there. Gonna happen I guess.

Every year I watch us come out ho hum and say maybe they aren't opening up the playbook yet. Hasn't been the case since Tebow left. A wins a win. I'll take it with the day the SEC had.

Footballs back bitches.

That Spurrier intro was awesome. Goosebumps. But yeah we have one of the best D-lines in the country. Can't wait to see them go up against a Tennessee line that looked really bad on Thursday. Love Maye too, and Quincy Wilson looks like he's really developed well. It'll be even better next week with Tabor back in.

Wilson did look improved. He's the corner whose been picked on the last few years so it was good seeing him staying with his man. Got some HUGE shoes to fill. Can't be easy being next up after hargreaves and tabor - and purifoy and roberson before that.

I really enjoy playing tennessee. Them and fsu are the only teams I truly hate, so crushing their dreams 11 straight years is like a fine wine. Gets better every time. Love how they manage to get hyped every year only to suck when it matters most. Dobbs most impressive attribute is his forehead.

UF may have struggled, but outside of Alabama, no one in the SEC looks dominate. I could see UF take the east this year.

As of right now, Georgia looks better than both us and Tennessee, but there's still a lot of time between now and October. I think Eason will be starting for them very soon.

Good news: Duke Dawson is gonna be OK.

Bad news: Doesn't sound so good for Massey. But he can probably take a medical redshirt and still have two years of eligibility left since he's a JUCO guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
UF may have struggled, but outside of Alabama, no one in the SEC looks dominate. I could see UF take the east this year.

We still haven't seen ole miss play yet ...

I think GA will be our main competition. It's all on Eason for them just like it's all on del rio for us. After yesterday's game, I like their chances.

Losing Massey sucks because they evidently had big plans for him, but now is the time for someone besides Callaway and Powell to step up. I'm lookin at you Ahmad Fulwood. It's your senior year and you've yet to live up to the rating a lot of recruiting sites had you listed as. You've played a plenty and I will grant you that you've been on some bad offenses, but at this point it's now or never for you.

Losing Massey sucks because they evidently had big plans for him, but now is the time for someone besides Callaway and Powell to step up. I'm lookin at you Ahmad Fulwood. It's your senior year and you've yet to live up to the rating a lot of recruiting sites had you listed as. You've played a plenty and I will grant you that you've been on some bad offenses, but at this point it's now or never for you.

Fulwood has been useless so far. Dude is dipped in molasses. I wouldn't put too much hope in him, unfortunately. Hammond, swain, worton, bailey, Sousa ... a lot of 4 star guys that need to step up. The problem is they'll need a good QB to show what they can do. Del Rio needs to improve, and fast.

And with that, the honeymoon period for Pineiro has officially ended. Gotta make those kicks.

Now Alex Anzalone, that guy looks awesome.

Beautiful pick by Quincy followed by an even more beautiful bomb to Callaway. Haven't seen a play like that here in years.

Very ugly miscommunication between LDR and Worton there. Now UK has great field position. Total gift.

Eddy redeems himself.

You really do forget what a luxury it is to have a kicker like that when your kicking game sucks as bad as ours has the last few seasons.

Just got done with the first half, in between finishing painting my mom's deck and helping her unload a penske full of real wood antiques. Gotta love these 'vacations'.

Worton didn't sit in the zone where he was supposed to. That won't happen again.

Two of the prettiest picks in some time. If Wilson can make plays that hard look that easy consistently, we'll have the best corner duo in college football. Again.

Anzalone can play. Big, athletic, smart. Just needs to be durable. He knows exactly when to hit the hole, exactly how long to wait on the delays, exactly where he needs to sit in the zone, etc.. There's an NFL future if you can stay healthy alex.

Solid first half. Del Rio is still showing his green, which is expected. He needs these two gimme games to learn on the fly and reduce stupid mental errors.

Good luck stopping these gators when they're protecting a lead. Those 5 running backs won't be buried on the depth chart a la alabama.

Back
Top Bottom