********** gator football ***********

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by BobDole, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Who would have thunk it......Butch Jones still has a job,but Coach Mac is out....

2. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

Yeah those two are the ones I hear the most.

Stricklin needs to get this one right though. Right now with Shannon as the interim, the nightmare scenario is that everything dramatically turns around, the team wins out and looks good doing it, and UF just says "**** it", and removes the interim tag.

3. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

Hey, Bobby Petrino's buyout is now cut in half of what it was a month ago.

I'm just sayin'.

4. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

You don't have to worry about that because none of the games you have left matter whether they win out or not.

5. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Yeah. Keep Randy Shannon. As good as Golden.

6. Namor

Oh but you guys thought they were gods at the time...

7. phins_4_ever

Are you trolling every Canes fan all over the forum? Fishy in the FSU thread. Me in the Gator thread. Good lordy. That is truly sad.

8. Namor

No dude...Your boy Fishy brought me into this yesterday morning....He PM'd me and we worked it out...Fish is a good guy.
    These troll attempts were done before he got up with me.
    It's over...It was fun...and I will pull for you guys this weekend.....Do you really think a Bama guy would ever
    pull for freaking Notre Dame? ..F the Golden Domers...

fishfanmiami likes this.
  9. Stoobz

Stoobz Scout Team Finheaven VIP

No need to worry ;)

10. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

The whole program needs to be gutted. None of the coaches deserve to stay. Fire them all. Not being able to develop a QB in a decade is one thing ... every unit being the worst in school history is quite another. They all have to go.

I haven't watched the last 3 or 4 games. First games I've missed in the last 20 years. They don't deserve my attention.

Saw the replay of the interception fumbled in the endzone. Summed up the post Tebow era of gator football perfectly.

CO-Gator likes this.
  11. phins_4_ever

Who knows, Saban might be available soon.

12. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I want Mullen but would have zero issue with Saban. Things would get turned around real quick. I think they're leaning heavily towards Frost though.

13. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

As an outsider the Gators look like the new thug U. They need someone to come in who will run a clean program. Haven't they had the most arrests in recent memory?

14. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Besides the credit card scam thing, it's been pretty quiet in G-ville. Antonio Morrison losing his mind and barking at police dogs was quality reading though. The Meyer years were the crazy ones.

They all pale in comparison to Baylor though. Even those notorious Miami teams. Waco might very well be hell on earth.

15. Namor

Baylor's the worst,no doubt...But don't forget about the Vandy years under James Franklin,he would turn a blind eye to rape accusations....That's why he fits perfectly at Penn St.

16. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Chip Kelly rumors are beginning to get traction. Supposedly vetting him now. He was a disaster in the pros but man were those Oregon teams fun to watch. I don't think I'd have a problem with him. They need to hit this one out of the park in the worst way. Only 1 decommitment so far that I know of ... color me impressed if that's all they lose after this disaster of a season. A big time name would save the class for sure.

That school sure hates whistle blowers. Match made in hades.

17. CO-Gator

It's Chip. All the insiders and people with sources in the program are basically confirming it. And now Luke Del Rio is posting emoji hints on Twitter. Expect news to break later today or early tomorrow.

18. CO-Gator

Also looks like Nebraska is gonna put the full-court press on to get Scott Frost.

19. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

rumors are Vols may get PJ Fleck

20. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Meh I think chip Kelly is worn out but good luck

21. ChambersWI

I'll say this, I think for the first time Chip will really be tested as a college coach. The Pac 10/12 was not very good while Kelly was coach of Oregon. That's not to say what he did at Oregon wasn't great, but the other teams in conference were dealing with rebuilding due to various reasons (sanctions, athletic department being in the red, building new facilities). Plus even with Nike's backing, Chip was never a great recruiter. Now not only is he going up against a conference of great recruiters, but he's fighting with the other Florida Schools too.

Now that's not to say he isn't a good hire, and I do think he'll at least make the offense entertaining, but he's going to a different animal. It could be a slam dunk, or it could be like Rich Rod to Michigan where his weaknesses are magnified.

Stoobz and phins_4_ever like this.
  22. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I may be way out of the loop but I still haven't heard confirmation. Any news?

23. CO-Gator

Kelly is still the guy. Just ironing things out from what it sounds like.

I'm actually surprised we're beating UAB right now, but I'll post this anyway.

24. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I haven't decided how I feel about it. There were some things to be desired his last go around. Boom or bust ... not sure that's what we need.

I'm stuck on the Mullen thing. Florida is a hell of a lot more attractive than Miss St ... despite how much he says he likes it. He won in Gainesville. He's done well with less since he left. Are we that much of a nightmare that he wants no part? Is Florida finally the fat girl at the end of the bar at 1:59?

I'll welcome Chip. Get ready to recruit.

I saw we won but didn't watch. I've lost all interest.

25. CO-Gator

Everything has gone quiet on Chip Kelly. Not so sure we'll get him now.

Don't know if I'll watch tomorrow. This is probably the worst UF-FSU game since the 70s. It's just a shame. We're at home and it's the one time in recent years that FSU sucks bad enough that we'd normally have a good shot at beating them and instead we're even worse.

On a more positive note, this basketball team is scary.

26. phins_4_ever

I certainly will root for the Gators. It would be great for a Canes fan to see FSU and UF miss the bowl games.

Why look for a Kelly when you can have an Al Golden or just promote Randy. :biggrin

27. ChambersWI

newest rumors are Chip Kelly is planning on UCLA so Gators will look at Scott Frost

28. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

The Kelly thing might be a blessing in disguise. I don't know if he's built for the SEC. Can't believe Mullen would rather stay where he's at ... just seems crazy to me. I thought he wanted bigger and better. Hmmm.

Frost is looking like the best option. Things might get real interesting if Nebraska fires Riley. This has the potential to be more pathetic than the Dolphins-Harbaugh debacle.

The only way I'll watch if I happen to be home watching TV and nothing else is on.

On the plus side, people are giving away gators stuff online. Been picking up stuff for nothing ... I'm talking like $5 for $100 mirrors and **** like that. Me gusta. I just can't bring myself to buy Dolphins stuff right now ... but that is also going for cheap on the sites/apps I go to.

29. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

I think Florida dodged a bullet with Kelly. Even he understands that he's a better fit for the west coast than the SEC pressure cooker.

Furthermore, he already has high school recruiting connections in place on the west coast and he would've had to build all that from scratch down here. I just never liked the fit to begin with.

Dan Mullen and Scott Frost would both have to tell me no before I went after Kelly if it was up to me anyway.

BobDole likes this.
  30. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Agree across the board.

The Frost-Strong showdown did not disappoint. That return was such a dagger. I really like how that rivalry is progressing. My dad and little brother went and had a blast.

Frost is there for the taking. Need to get that one done before Nebraska makes a decision. And I mean like yesterday.

31. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Nebraska fired Riley ... to the surprise of no one. Here we go.

32. ChambersWI

On a similar note, the decision to fire Bo Polini for Mike Riley was as idiotic of a coaching fire as I've ever seen... right up there with Ole Miss firing Cutcliffe for Coach O

CO-Gator and BobDole like this.
  33. CO-Gator

My brother-in-law and one of my best friends are both huge Nebraska guys and were irate that they went for Riley without even sniffing at Frost. I do think they'll get it right this time.

As for yesterday, I picked up an extra shift at work which mercifully saved me the temptation of watching that atrocity of a game beyond the first quarter.

To state the obvious, Chip Kelly springboarded us. Never really wanted the job, and some sources indicate he lied through his teeth to Stricklin. Whether we failed to close or just got played doesn't matter anymore. The names we're hearing the most now are Taggart and Frost if he wants it (which I doubt) and Charlie Strong as a "break glass in case of emergency" hire. Sure Charlie flopped at Texas, but boy would he kill it recruiting down there. Even if he flopped at UF too, he'd probably leave the next guy with some pretty well-stocked cupboards.

And as of a few minutes ago, Dan Mullen's name is starting to go around.

BobDole likes this.
  34. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Also hearing Mullen now too ... finally. Don’t know how pumped I’d be if it was obvious I was the 3rd choice ... can’t say I understand why his name wasn’t out there initially. This might me a media creation this late in the game. But then again I can’t imagine him not jumping at the opportunity to come back as the headliner.

Strong is looking pretty realistic right about now. The O coordinator hire is make or break if it goes down like that. That dude better know how to properly develop a ****ing QB.

FSU Truth likes this.
  35. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I got the alert that Mullen is being finalized not 2 minutes after my post. **** it. That’s who I wanted all along. Today just became a good day no matter how embarrassing the fins are.

36. CO-Gator

Yeah it's Mullen. Coaches meeting scheduled for tonight followed by a players meeting. So be it. This needed to be done sooner rather than later. It's pivotal to hold these next two recruiting classes together and build on them.

37. CO-Gator

Nuss and Shannon are out. Looks like Grantham is in.

BobDole likes this.
  38. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

He did a great job cleaning house. Nuss had to go ... even more than Addazio way back when. Shannon never should've been promoted to the position he was given ... but he will be missed on the recruiting trail.

Grantham is an interesting hire. Cool with it.

39. CO-Gator

Taven Bryan likely going pro makes me sad, but Dan Mullen trying to pry Justin Fields away from UGA has me fully torqued.

40. phins_4_ever

I have a question: why would the Gators get an SEC coach who hasn't really done much in the SEC as a head coach? A decent year here and there but no SEC Championship.
    Just curious.