********** gator football *********** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Impressive performance all around. Granted, Kentucky looks like they're gonna stink again. Looks like we're always gonna have fresh bodies at RB. If the line can hold up, we could finally have a functional offense. LDR had a solid day. I honestly don't even remember the last time we had a long bomb TD like the one he threw to Callaway. Powell is developing into a great player too. Glad to have Worton out there today. I think he can be the extra set of hands we need since it doesn't look like Fulwood is gonna pan out. Having Cyontai Lewis back was a help too. We might finally have TEs who are at least serviceable, unlike in the Muschump years.

Mac just said after the game that Callaway has a quad injury. Hope that doesn't cost him time. We're ****ed without him.

Defense was solid. Lost contain on a few zone reads and Davis got a little lazy and phoned it in right before the half and they got a long run, but it didn't matter. So happy to have Tabor back. His INT was amazing, as was Quincy's. D-line was ferocious as usual. I actually felt bad for UK's QB before they pulled him.

One more dog food game before the trip to Neyland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I find it mildly amusing that Alex Anzalone is nailing Riley Cooper's little sister.

tumblr_mwltvp1C4z1t0i9qbo1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Offense tonight clearly showed how important Callaway is to us. Vanilla, solid on the ground, but limited through the air. We will always have a fresh body in the backfield. We're gonna have to start kicking on those 4th & shorts in the red zone since they really seem to have a hard time converting them.

We could very well be ****ed though if LDR's injury is as bad as it looked. Seen an awful lot of QBs get knocked out for the year by hits like that. Appleby is gonna have to be ready to go. We just can't catch a ****ing break at that position.

Can't ask for much more than what the defense gave us. Pure domination of a team that isn't good. Two plays in and they out scored the other team (2-0). School record for fewest yards allowed in a single game (53).

Getting into the meat of the schedule now.

Offense tonight clearly showed how important Callaway is to us. Vanilla, solid on the ground, but limited through the air. We will always have a fresh body in the backfield. We're gonna have to start kicking on those 4th & shorts in the red zone since they really seem to have a hard time converting them.

We could very well be ****ed though if LDR's injury is as bad as it looked. Seen an awful lot of QBs get knocked out for the year by hits like that. Appleby is gonna have to be ready to go. We just can't catch a ****ing break at that position.

Can't ask for much more than what the defense gave us. Pure domination of a team that isn't good. Two plays in and they out scored the other team (2-0). School record for fewest yards allowed in a single game (53).

Getting into the meat of the schedule now.

With Sutton out I'm extremely worried about Callaway. Lining up a true freshman against him makes me really nervous.

Just getting back from the game man it was a crazy one today. By halftime I just knew I was in for a blow out and we had some gator fans sitting in our section that was letting everyone know about it. Then midway through the third quarter the game started changing and they started to get quit and we started getting loud. By about 5 minutes into the forth quarter they where totally quit and some of the people in my section started heckling them. Then when we went up 38 - 21 they decided it was time to leave to the cheers of everyone in my section. It turned out to be a great game and in the end the duck was pulling the truck.

:drink:

**** this hurricane.

Also, it sounds like Chris Leak may have pulled a Dennis Reynolds with someone.

**** this hurricane.

Also, it sounds like Chris Leak may have pulled a Dennis Reynolds with someone.

Haven't even bothered to come in here. That Tennessee second half drained any hope I had for the season. Never thought the defense was capable of collapsing like that. Mac has work to do.

I went to edgewater for a few summers in h.s.. I have a friend who played big boy college ball and head coached there previously that told me shady stuff about Leak that I had no idea about. Goes to show you never know ...

They better show up today and blow the doors off mizzou after that last abortion. I have no more room in my life for lifeless football.

Oh, and **** LSU.

Del Rio should be in the talks for heisman consideration. He's the goods.

The sad thing is the built in excuses aren't there. The scheme isn't raping him like addazio did with Brantley, on the heels of tebow. He isn't suffering from pop warner QB coaching development, like all the guys that went on to succeed after floundering here, a la driskel, brissett, etc.. Not his first rodeo. The offensive line, while not great, has done it's job. Running backs are talented and plentiful. Callaway, powell, and Cleveland are getting open.

It's all there for ya LDR. Stop looking so lost out there. Or just hand the ball off every time like any other time we've got a huge win over the past ... ugh

LDR to me looks like a very average QB who will make for an adequate placeholder to keep the seat warm until the next guy is ready. Could be Franks (possible), Trask (doubtful), or Allen (hopeful). It's important to keep in mind, he's played very little meaningful football since he was a HS senior starting alongside Christian McCaffrey on a team that was playing a classification below where they belonged and predictably assraping their competition. Beat a local team from this area in the state championship game 66-10 that year. I knew one of their assistants.

He's a much better fit in this offense than Treon was, but that's a low bar to clear. I wish he hadn't gotten hurt. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't, but beating Georgia is always nice. Tennessee was nice enough to derp their way down to 3rd place in the division and give us a nice little cushion and the inside track to Atlanta. Sure Alabama will probably crush us if we get there, but winning the East is always a goal.

Del Rio is holding this team back so bad it's flat out impressive. Bench him coach. He's terrible.

The defense looks poised for another second half collapse. So many missed assignments.

Yeah I take what I said back. He just isn't good. May as well roll with Appleby from here.

Defense looks awful. Getting absolutely manhandled up front. No pass rush, Arkansas RB getting at least 5 yards on every carry it seems.

Back
Top Bottom